About Suikoden V music

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Loner Prime

About Suikoden V music

Post by Loner Prime »

I was wondering which music was to be at the opening of Suikoden V.

I suppose ''Wind of Phantom'' is going to be the intro music, but in the 10 minutes trailer, we can hear a different one while the characters are shown 'à la suikoden 1-2'.

Which brings me to ask.... where will we hear this theme I just mentionned ? Do you guys think it's the world map theme or do we even know this information yet? And what about the battle theme?

The point is, there are about 4 very good music themes in the trailers, is it known when will we hear them in-game ?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Hmm, who knows? There's really nothing to say at the moment, but apparently there'll be another new Suikoden V track on the music CD that comes with Rhapsodia/Suikoden Tactics. We're not even sure if the tracks we've heard from other places will even be in the game, but the one from this CD will be in the game. I have a feeling that the one from the site itself (the main page) will be found in-game also, and is not just being used for promotional purposes (like the old tracks from other games, for instance).
koolcblue

Post by koolcblue »

I was happy when I head the "theme of moonlit night" in the S5 preview movie!! That song was in Suikoden 1 and 2, I'm glad it's back!! Anyone else notice this or is it only me??
-- CML --

Those Silverberg's always coming over unannouced...
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

I heard it aswell so I am hoping it is in the game, or some rendition anyway. It is one of my favourite bits of Suikoden Music. Game music in general actually.

SK
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Fudce

Post by Fudce »

Bringing back old themes is not unheard of, there's a nice rendition of "Into a World of Illusions" in Suikoden IV, and I cannot tell you how many times I've heard that annoying Narcy's Theme.

But yeah, the Theme of Moonlit Night is a one of the best from the series.
Another post from that weirdo with the F avatar...

Signed, 'F'
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

koolcblue wrote:I was happy when I head the "theme of moonlit night" in the S5 preview movie!! That song was in Suikoden 1 and 2, I'm glad it's back!! Anyone else notice this or is it only me??
I thought I recognized that song, in the few seconds that i could see and hear the movie. Damn computer. Thanks for pointing it out.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The Suikoden Five track on the Rhapsodia CD is called "Castle of Dawn". If you don't like trumpets, you definitely won't like this one. Although Suikoden has had some trumpet tracks in the past, it's nice to see them using them again. Personally, I think this is an amazing track.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Yes, and especially "Prideful Sarabande" (Rockaxe City Theme) from the Suikoden II OST, which also uses trumpets. Well, at least I think they are trumpets, they sound like them. I'm sure there are other songs from Suikoden that use trumpets but I can't name them on the spot.
CKTurbo128

Post by CKTurbo128 »

It's too bad that Miki Higashino (the main composer of Suikoden I and most of Suikoden II music) hasn't been involved in the newer Suikoden games. I personally always felt that her composed music in Suikoden I and II were better than the music found in Suikoden III and IV. Higashino used various styles of music in Suikoden I and II that made music in those games sound truly unique.

Don't get me wrong, I like the music in Suikoden III & IV too, just not as much as the music found in Suikoden I & II. I just hope that the music in Suikoden V will be a bit more original/interesting than the music found in Suikoden III & IV.
The Legend of Suikoden
Yoon's Corner (Formerly The Legend of Suikoden Message Board)
TrueRuneHero91

Music

Post by TrueRuneHero91 »

This music is going to be great. i mean listen to Suikoden IV, it was an amazing song. Hopefully the song will be better or just as good. :D
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

CKTurbo128 wrote:It's too bad that Miki Higashino (the main composer of Suikoden I and most of Suikoden II music) hasn't been involved in the newer Suikoden games. I personally always felt that her composed music in Suikoden I and II were better than the music found in Suikoden III and IV. Higashino used various styles of music in Suikoden I and II that made music in those games sound truly unique.

Don't get me wrong, I like the music in Suikoden III & IV too, just not as much as the music found in Suikoden I & II. I just hope that the music in Suikoden V will be a bit more original/interesting than the music found in Suikoden III & IV.
I feel the same way, whole-heartedly. The music in the PS2 installments are good, but they can't compare to the SI and SII songs. It gave the game such a quaint feeling, where as some of SIII's music was horrible, and SIV's music as a little above average. Of course this is all my opinion, before someone flips out.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Silvermouse

Post by Silvermouse »

Music pretty much makes or breaks a game for me.

I liked a few of Suiko III's songs (Stupid Ducks, Mysterious People, Searching For a Hero), but most of them were unremarkable. I can't remember a single song from Suiko IV besides the out to sea music (gee, I wonder why).

I think this is what happens if the music producer and game creators aren't on the same page. The best games have music that matches not only the moment onscreen, but the personalities of the characters and the setting. For example, whenever I hear "Forgotten Days" from Suiko 1, I immediately think of the tiny village, lost to the mists of time. Or when I hear the piano entry to Suiko 2 ("reminiscence" iirc), I think of Jowy: the piano piece matches Jowy's sadness.

Final Fantasy 2/4 is the same way. I can remember nearly every song from that game because each piece fits its setting so well: The opening moments as the Red Wings soar across the sky; the king's castle and the royal/serious orchestration; the beautiful, sweeping music as you delve into deep caverns such as the mist caverns ("Into the Darkness"); the strange, lonely music on the moon's surface, etc.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

It's not just the music per se, but the actual arrangement as well. I could listen to Suikoden III OST on its own, and find myself liking a whole lot from it, but I surely didn't remember hearing much of them during the course of the game itself.

There is vast improvement in IV, and it simply got better with Rhapsodia.

I must admit that I'm more familiar with tunes from the earlier games more though. Although that's simply because I've had those games for much longer, and hence have replayed them for many MORE times.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I liked the song in Suikoden IV when the ship would set sail. It was kind of a traditional Japanese sound, and I tend to like that. The opening theme song for Suikoden III also cought my eye...err...ear. X_X

I liked most all of the songs for the first two Suikodens, and I'm glad Konami's reviving them. It makes sense, because this game is placed near those time periods.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Mentioning Suikoden IV, I loved La Mer. I felt it was an appropriate song for the setting of the Island Nations.
I hope everything is going delicious.