upload from 4?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
son_michael

upload from 4?

Post by son_michael »

can suikoden 4s data be useful for 5? I would like to know so I can plan my preparations to play 4 all over again

I dont have to play 4 over again with Rhapsodia because all the data upload does is give you more scenes if you got all 108 stars, which I did so im all set there
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

You also get Snowe and Lazlo later in the game if you upload data from Suikoden IV. Apparently this solves the puzzle as to whether Lazlo died or not. It's going to be great to see Lazlo again.

Oh, and I doubt they will let you upload data from Suikoden 4 into Suikoden 5 considering the time gap. Remember, you couldn't upload S3 into S4.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yea, im also looking foward to seeing Lazlo again, with his rune! {fingers crossed}

so 5 will be before 4? if its after 4 then I think theres a good chance there will be data upload
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

son_michael wrote:yea, im also looking foward to seeing Lazlo again, with his rune! {fingers crossed}

so 5 will be before 4? if its after 4 then I think theres a good chance there will be data upload
5 is set 150(give or take a couple of years) years after Suikoden IV, so I doubt there will be an upload, but that isn't to say it isn't a possibility.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

...Who the heck is lazlo?
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thats hero 4s official name...where have you been?
Eric

Post by Eric »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Oh, and I doubt they will let you upload data from Suikoden 4 into Suikoden 5 considering the time gap. Remember, you couldn't upload S3 into S4.
The gap has nothing to do with it. The reason we were not allowed to upload data from Suikoden III to Suikoden IV is because Suikoden IV takes place before Suikoden III. It wouldn't have made much sense, would it?

Now, since Suikoden V presumably takes place after Suikoden IV, the developers could throw in some extra secret goodies from Suikoden IV if they so choose.
I will sing for crescent moon.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Eric wrote:
Angelis_Taleria wrote:Oh, and I doubt they will let you upload data from Suikoden 4 into Suikoden 5 considering the time gap. Remember, you couldn't upload S3 into S4.
The gap has nothing to do with it. The reason we were not allowed to upload data from Suikoden III to Suikoden IV is because Suikoden IV takes place before Suikoden III. It wouldn't have made much sense, would it?

Now, since Suikoden V presumably takes place after Suikoden IV, the developers could throw in some extra secret goodies from Suikoden IV if they so choose.
The same holds true for Suikoden IV and Suikoden V. The only thing I can think uploading data could do is probably have Lazlo join you, but I think Rhapsodia might be his last appearance for a while.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

...When did this get announced? Ugh, i feel stupid now....

What a crappy name.... tir and riou were cool, but Lazlo?
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

really? Lazlo?? (*shudders and shakes his head even more at Suikoden 4...*)
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

Reminds me of Lasso.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

The information was released not too long ago. Lazlo is the name he recieved while in the Vingerhut household.
Eric

Post by Eric »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:
Eric wrote:

The same holds true for Suikoden IV and Suikoden V. The only thing I can think uploading data could do is probably have Lazlo join you, but I think Rhapsodia might be his last appearance for a while.
I'm pretty sure that V takes place some time after IV. And he doesn't necessarily have to join... perhaps they could just have his name (whatever you named him IV, that is) pop up once or twice. Just a small treat for those who played and enjoyed IV.
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

I don't know. I kind of don't like when they throw in past characters. It was GREAT in Suikoden II.. but if they keep doing it, it will eventually get killed and just not as cool. I mean look at Nippon Ichi games. In each one, they always make sure to include they're past characters from the past games they released.

At first it's really cool and all. After a while it just gets really tedious to go through. Which is why I don't play NIS games anymore, they are just really lame and boring now that I look at them.

I admit it would be cool to see someone from the original Suikoden in Suikoden V. Since it's more than possible.
Eric

Post by Eric »

It doesn't have to be characters. It could be simple references, or some other form of extras. Remember the extra scrips for the stage performances you could get if you uploaded Suikoden II data to Suikoden III? Something like that would be fine.