Mike in Suikoden V?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
koeneloen

Mike in Suikoden V?

Post by koeneloen »

I just watched the 10 minute during trailer from gamespot and I saw someone who looks a lot like Mike (from Suikoden 3).
Click on the link for a screenshot.
I think it could be him because they said in Suikoden 3 there was something mysterious about him and his background. The face looks a lot en the glasses too. But one thing doesn't match and that's the hair color... but the hair style is the same again. What do you guys think?

http://www.geocities.com/koenker2000/mikemaybe.JPG

PS. I also read in the other topics about Mike that he could be from the Howling Voice Guild. In the screenshot you can see a weapon on the man's back and it looks a lot like a gun such as Clive uses...
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Didn't Mike have brown hair though?
koeneloen

Post by koeneloen »

Oppenheimer wrote:Didn't Mike have brown hair though?
Yeah I know, I said that he had a other hair color in the upper text :wink:
But he does look like him..
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Ah yes, you're right, my mistake for not reading it all carefully enough. I skipped that sentance. I'll make sure to read more carefully before posting next time. He could have dyed his hair, but that seems unlikely. So far returning characters look almost exactly the same as previously (except possibly aged).

I think it's more likely he's just a stereotyped character type that they're reusing.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

Well, we will know for sure, when someone actually has that confirmed. His hair color might of changed with age, or as the Op said he had it dyed. (He might of just spent too much time in the sun.)
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

he looks very simmilar to mike, but im not so sure thats him, it would be great if it was mike and the game took place before suikoden 1, then maybe mike would have 1 of the 3 new true runes
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Some people actually grow up with blond hair, and it can change (mine being a prime example; I was albino and now my hair is almost black) and become darker as they grow older. I think that looks identical to mike (cept for the hair of course).
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

well you also gotta think about age itself...Mike in SIII looks like hes the same age as this guy...and it seems like SV will take place around the SI & SII time...thats gunna be 18 (less or more) years apart...
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thats why I said if it was mike then maybe he would have 1 of the 3 new true runes
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

son_michael wrote:thats why I said if it was mike then maybe he would have 1 of the 3 new true runes
its doubtful...if hes a HVG member then more than likely he'll stick to his gun with a "soul" rather than a true rune...and HVG is from Harmonia...i doubt Hikusaak would let them have a true rune if they work for/under him...(unless it Luc/Sasarai of course)

and i dont think Konami will just start throwing True Runes on characters just to have them in a game becuz fans want it...
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

what makes you think harmonia knows everybody that has a true rune? if someone in the HVG did have a true rune im not so sure the guild would know about it if they kept it hidden and even if the guild did, I dont think they would inform harmonia

I dont think its mike anyway, it would be great if it was a HVG member or even an ancestor of mike, but you never know, konami might make mike have a true rune, though im sure your right in assuming theres no way they would do that
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

The guy who looks like Mike can be seen in the trailer at 0:18. I used Quick Time Player to see him by using the Frame-by-Frame Mode.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Doesn't matter whether he has a True Rune or not to grant him immortality. Mike was born in IS 450. I think that narrows down the possibility that it's him, since I'm assuming Suikoden V takes place at least five years before Suikoden I (which happened in IS 455-457).

Even if it's between Suikoden I (IS 455-457) and Suikoden II (IS 460), that would only make him about 8 to 9 years old.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

lol well I guess thats not him then
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

Well, just because he has blond hair doesn't mean its not Mike. If you actually talk to him in Luc's chapter at Caleria, he actaully tells you something like his name is Leonard and he's an arms dealer. So whatever he actually does for a living is more than likely a lie. So its quite possible he changed his hair color to cover his identity.

Though I really do think it would be cool to throw him in there. He's another character with a past that would be great to know more about.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."