When does Suikoden 5 take place?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
LadyChris

When does Suikoden 5 take place?

Post by LadyChris »

Does anyone know when the game takes place in the suikoden timeine?(like the order of the games).
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Somewhere between the Succession War and Suikoden II. They haven't released a specific year/date yet.
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

Didn't Georg Prime become a Scarlet Moon Empire general after killing the queen of Falena?

Was he a general before, during or after the succession wars? If Suikoden 5 takes place after the succesion wars, it must have been during that period of seven years that Georg made a quick career in Scarlet Moon before traveling to Dunan.

He is NOT in Suikoden 1, and Suikoden 1 takes place 7 years after the Succession wars, so Georg must have left Scarlet Moon before that.

The logical timeline, based on that Georg is in the game and indeed a knight captain of Falena, in that case would be before, during or just a few years after the succession wars.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
Black Knight Yuber

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

The Succession War was in 446. During that war Georg was recruited as a general and was one of Barbarossa's 6 generals. After the Succession War ends (446), Georg leaves (because of fulfilling his promises) and fights in the Dunan Unification War years later.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Sasarai is cute wrote:Didn't Georg Prime become a Scarlet Moon Empire general after killing the queen of Falena?

Was he a general before, during or after the succession wars? If Suikoden 5 takes place after the succesion wars, it must have been during that period of seven years that Georg made a quick career in Scarlet Moon before traveling to Dunan.

He is NOT in Suikoden 1, and Suikoden 1 takes place 7 years after the Succession wars, so Georg must have left Scarlet Moon before that.

The logical timeline, based on that Georg is in the game and indeed a knight captain of Falena, in that case would be before, during or just a few years after the succession wars.
He's not a knight captain, simply a queen's knight.
I hope everything is going delicious.
LadyChris

Post by LadyChris »

So we don't know if it's after Suikoden 1 yet right?
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

LadyChris wrote:So we don't know if it's after Suikoden 1 yet right?
No, we don't and if you're wonder about it because of returning characters I doubt there will be many since Falena is so far south of Toran, especially for the ones that have to show up in Suikoden II.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

I think its blatantly before suikoden 1

look how much younger he appears!

Also wasn't killey in prison for killing the queen for 3 years? If the queen was killed after Suikoden 1, he wouldn't have had time to get to dunan for Suikoden II.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Suikosource wrote:Killey (Tenbi Star)
Origin: Queendom of Falena
Position: Treasure Hunter
Events: Dunan Unification War
Killey hails from a tribe that lives in northern Falena. His crimzon clothing symbolizes the legendary red bird in his tribe. He has been tracing the Sindar for a very long time, and has crossed paths with Lorelai a few times. In fact, he was trapped by her once by being given false information. This forced him to live within the dungeons of Falena for three years; however, he escaped in the end. It is also said that he took part in the assassination of the Queen of Falena with Georg. Killey joined the Allied Forces to interrogate Alex on his findings in the Sindar Ruins near Muse. Alex told him what his treasure is, and Killey understood what Alex meant. However, he still continues to search for the elusive Sindar.
It says here he escaped. Who knows, he could have escaped one day after imprisonment, or even one day before being let go. He could indeed have gone straight to Dunan after escaping.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

True Wind Bearer wrote:
Suikosource wrote:Killey (Tenbi Star)
Origin: Queendom of Falena
Position: Treasure Hunter
Events: Dunan Unification War
Killey hails from a tribe that lives in northern Falena. His crimzon clothing symbolizes the legendary red bird in his tribe. He has been tracing the Sindar for a very long time, and has crossed paths with Lorelai a few times. In fact, he was trapped by her once by being given false information. This forced him to live within the dungeons of Falena for three years; however, he escaped in the end. It is also said that he took part in the assassination of the Queen of Falena with Georg. Killey joined the Allied Forces to interrogate Alex on his findings in the Sindar Ruins near Muse. Alex told him what his treasure is, and Killey understood what Alex meant. However, he still continues to search for the elusive Sindar.
It says here he escaped. Who knows, he could have escaped one day after imprisonment, or even one day before being let go. He could indeed have gone straight to Dunan after escaping.
I took it to mean that he was sentanced to a lot longer but escaped after only 3 years. A 3 year sentence doesn't seem appropriate for assisting in the queens murder.

This is backed up by Richmond in Suikoden II
He's after the secrets of the Sindar, but it seems he was also a prisoner in the Queendom of Falena for several years before you met up with him.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

So basically if current timelines are correct then Suikoden V takes place anywhere from 0-7 years before Suikoden I.

I personally believe that the current timelines are wrong, perhaps Konami made a mistake, because to me Georg looks more than 10 years younger than he did in Suikoden II, meaning this would have all happened before the wars of succession.
Sasarai is cute

I also get that feeling Soul Eater.

I think all of the events which led Georg to Dunan must have happened over a longer time, since he is so renowned.

My guess is also that Suikoden 5 takes place before the succession wars.

By the way, where can you view pictures of Georg from Suikoden 5? A link would be nice.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Sasarai is cute wrote:I also get that feeling Soul Eater.

I think all of the events which led Georg to Dunan must have happened over a longer time, since he is so renowned.

My guess is also that Suikoden 5 takes place before the succession wars.

By the way, where can you view pictures of Georg from Suikoden 5? A link would be nice.
http://suikox.com/s5/tgspic.jpg

and

http://www.rpgamer.com/people/amish/tgs/tgsday020.JPG

(Georg is on the top left of both pics)

Also he is featured quite a lot in the 10 minute video
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If you watch the Gamespot trailer (or Konami's 7 minute trailer), then you can see Georg in his S2's costume with the eyepatch. His earlier costume is the Knights' uniform.

About his age, he was 41 during Dunan Unification War. There's a good 14 years between the Succession War and Suikoden II. It is said that he looked like he was in his 30's in the trailers, so post-Succession sounds more likely.

He also made references to how he once served the court before coming to Falena, which is quite possibly a reference to his recent service in Scarlet Moon Empire.
Sasarai is cute

I always viewed Georg as a real good guy. A fatherly figure.

I hope Suikoden 5 won't shatter my illusions.