When does Suikoden 5 take place?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Felid??! and the father of the hero?? tell me of what other characters you know of. please.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

TheBoundlessDream wrote:Felid??! and the father of the hero?? tell me of what other characters you know of. please.
Information like that is dotted all over this forum, just have a look and you'll see stuff about Georg, the royal family, new runes, a suspected Lorelai, plotline and other character information.
Ariakas

Post by Ariakas »

I'm new here but am a long time suikoden fan. Since Morgan is from Falena and his name is already being tossed around as to who he might be, I'd just like to give my two cents. Although it's really hard to go by looks alone, considering Georg Prime is actually the person from the tralier that looks most like Morgan (I'm not trying to say he is, just making a point), there are two possibilities I just want to mention. At about 1:39 in the 10 minute trailer, the man in the upper left corner shown with a sword could possibly be him. Also, the black haired man shown at about 4:06. Either of these men could be Morgan since they both seem to have similar features and both use a sword, as Morgan was said to use himself back when he was in Falena. Of course, as I said before, this is all just speculation and we can't know for sure till more info is released or the game itself.
Liam

Post by Liam »

I'am as big fan of Georg Prime as you will find on this board, and this is the first time I hear that Georg will be present in Suikoden5. I can't tell you how thriled I'am after learning of this great news.

And about this eye-patch thing, aint it most obvious soltion that it was replaced for Suikoden2 with a glass eye, or something like that?!

P.S. can anyone post a link to pictur of Six Great Generals from Suikoden1 NA release?
Liam O'veigh, The best swordsman in all Evergreen, beater of Maldon and bodyguard of queen Rose
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

Jowy Atreides wrote:The "Cheesecake" in his inventory also points to this.
Yay! The return of the cheesecake!!!

If this game is set between Suikoden I and II, I have to say I would be bothered about the situation of the Suiko-verse because that would mean three wars in a span of five to six years. XD
LGM

Post by LGM »

On this site itself it says that Georg joined as one of the 6 generals in Barbarossa's army AFTER he killed the Queen of Falena. Knowing Suikosource's strictness on accuracy of official Konami statements, I take this as the gospel truth. It is very doubtful Georg was let back into Falena after this. This proves the game is set before 1. Georg was born in IS 420, and the Succession Wars were in 446, when Georg was 26. It is likely the Queen was killed between 438, and 445, around when Georg was 18 to 25.

You can easily put 2 and 2 together because Georg is definetely in this game, that Killey and Lorelai are as well (I think Lorelai has even been identified in a screen shot). Killey was born in 431, and Lorelai in 433. If Lorelai is in the game, she's likely to be around 10 or 12, which would give us a date of between 443 and 445, ten years before Suikoden 1.

A little off subject; but seeing that Killey and Lorelai are both searching for Sindar Treasures, and they both started off in Falena, would it be unjustified to theorise that at the ages of 14 and 12 respectively, this is where their journey started, so their will be a Sindar storyline in the game?
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

Liam wrote:P.S. can anyone post a link to pictur of Six Great Generals from Suikoden1 NA release?
here ya go...just scanned it...
http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3351/s1sme0vt.jpg
LGM wrote:On this site itself it says that Georg joined as one of the 6 generals in Barbarossa's army AFTER he killed the Queen of Falena.
that is incorrect.

http://suikox.com/ed/georg50425.html
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Does anyone think that Raura will be in Suikoden V? She was from Falena, right? Hortez VII and his family could be featured in the game because there are speculations that he is from Falena as well, because his clothes have a striking resemblance to Raura's, unless they are in fact family.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I think theres a good chance we will see raura and I would love to see her back and maybe learn about how jeane and her met, then we could confirm that the jeane in suikoden 2 and 5 are the same person
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Yes, that would be awesome to learn a bit more on Jeane, but knowing Konami, they won't tell us anything as of yet. :(
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
LGM

Post by LGM »

If Raura is in this game, lets hope its before she learned how to make scrolls.

What a worthless game device they were.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Raura is Hortez the VII's mother.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I guess I didn't know that. I forgot a lot of stuff. Well, hopefully she makes an appearance.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Liam

Post by Liam »

Thanks josiskrazy for both picture and article. That picture of 6 Great Generals is something I was looking for a long time.

Chears
Liam O'veigh, The best swordsman in all Evergreen, beater of Maldon and bodyguard of queen Rose