Speculation on Official Info Announcement

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Jowy Atreides wrote:
RageRune wrote:Thanks for the translation of the "King's Blog" dragon. I'm wondering who the artist is, he's doing a great job with the character designs.
The person who owns that blog (King) is the Character Designer for Suikoden V.
He is the "Art Director". Looks like it is a separate position from the Character Designer, whose identity is yet to be revealed by Konami.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

I'm unwell now, so I probably won't translate the latest King entry. Basically, he talks about drinking wine. And also introduces some other Suikoden V staff.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

its cool DMX, I hope you feel better
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

Drinking wine? Could it be a mini game?! I'm really curious.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

...I think King is telling us that he likes to partake of wine. I know I fancy a glass of Kirsch or Grande Marnier with my desserts.
I hope everything is going delicious.
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

Ohh.... too bad that info tells more about himself and not about the game. :?
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
Basel

Post by Basel »

SuikoCrimson108 wrote:Ohh.... too bad that info tells more about himself and not about the game. :?
In fact King was talking about his friend wedding.
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

dragonmasterx wrote: King's comment about Lucretia's general mysteriousness and green forelocks leave hope for my earlier speculation about being the missing Silverburg, I think.

Those familiar with mixing of different colors, do you see any connection between red, green, and yellow?
Blonde hair, blue eyes, I'm surprised there aren't crazy theories about her being Harmonian going around.

Something about Sius' face disturbs me. On top of that, he doesn't seem like much of a fighter. It puzzles me as to why he's walking around with a sword.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Japanese often leaves out the subject. So in King Blog translation, whereever I have "I," keep in mind that the "I" was left out in Japanese; meaning King might have meant "we."
Basel

Post by Basel »

dragonmasterx wrote:Queen’s Knights a conventional [?] atop their head, but George, who’s been at Falena for only a few days, has short hair and can’t tie it. (The main guy’s argument is more persuasive, but…)
I am sorry if my questions sounds silly but I do not know that much about George Prime. :oops:
It sounds like that George is one of the Queen's knights. Is that true?
How could it be that he is the best friend of Felid? :? According to King, George has just arrived in Falena before the plot of Suikoden V starts. Is it possible that George has been to Falena before that?
[spoiler]Where is it mentioned that George will kill the queen? Is it true?[/spoiler]
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

It's mentioned during Suikoden II via Richmond's Investigation that Georg killed the Queen of Falena.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thanks for doing another great translation DMX, guess this means you feel better :D
Basel

Post by Basel »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:It's mentioned during Suikoden II via Richmond's Investigation that Georg killed the Queen of Falena.
Don't you think that this information could spoil the plot of Suikoden V to a great extend? I hope it won't.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Considering that we've known it for all of these years, I doubt it since that was the first thing that was speculated upon when it was announced that Suikoden V would take place in Falena. The only person it would be a spoiler to would be those playing Suikoden for the first time.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Basel wrote:It sounds like that George is one of the Queen's knights. Is that true?
How could it be that he is the best friend of Felid? :? According to King, George has just arrived in Falena before the plot of Suikoden V starts. Is it possible that George has been to Falena before that?
He's supposed to be a friend of Felid, and have just recently joined the Queen's Knights at the beginning of the game. No idea when they became acquainted, but Felid himself isn't a Falenan locale, so it wouldn't be strange to speculate that they have met each other elsewhere.

It's great that you've gotten better, dmx.