Speculation on Official Info Announcement

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Basel

Post by Basel »

dragonmasterx wrote:I got a kick out of Kawano getting revenge on a fellow staff member.

I know there were two entries posted today. It's 2:10 AM here, I'll finish the other one tomorrow.
Can you tell me what Kawano is? If I may ask.
(Translator’s note: google search reveals “Taiyo no Ko Esteban” to be an anime: http://pierrot.jp/title/esteban/)
This brings old memories. I watched the show in Arabic when I was a child. I even remember the last time when I bought the last VHS in the set. It is really an amazing anime :) .
"The real issue is not TALENT as an independent element, but talent in relationship to WILL, DESIRE, AND PERSISTENCE. Talent without these things VANISHES and even modest talent with those characteristics GROWS..." -Milton Glaser
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Basel wrote:
dragonmasterx wrote:I got a kick out of Kawano getting revenge on a fellow staff member.

I know there were two entries posted today. It's 2:10 AM here, I'll finish the other one tomorrow.
Can you tell me what Kawano is? If I may ask.
Junko Kawano, the lead character designer for Suikoden/IV/Rhapsodia? Or is it someone else?

Some of those names are quite good, actually. Too bad the inevitable novelisation of the game would override the relative validity of all these creative names for our Prince.
himurokoken

Post by himurokoken »

I don't see how Kawano got revenge. I'm confused
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Saruta offended(or at least that's what it seems like) Kawano by saying the pic doesn't look like Kawano's usual artwork.

In retaliation, Kawano drew that picture of overweight mean looking Saruta eating a banana saying "dame desu!(no good!). That's probably what Saruta said at first, "no good!" when he said the pic doesn't look like Kawano's usual artwork.
jainsafel
Elite Member

Post by jainsafel »

Guys, I'm really sorry, but I'm under a huge time crunch right now (combination of having to work overtime all this week and having 3-day onsite meeting this weekend that I have to prepare for), so I'm not going to able to do any translating until next week (assuming we'll still be doing King's blog ... are we?)

Sorry to have to pull out so close to the release date, but something's gotta give. Still, it's been a blast, everyone!
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

so I'm not going to able to do any translating until next week (assuming we'll still be doing King's blog ... are we?)

I'll do a few more until the last of this month, then I'm graduating from King Blog. I set myself a deadline of "before May" for Luca Blight's short story. So I need to get started if I hope to meet that deadline. But you can continue King Blog if you'd like.:D

A big thanks to jainsafel for her assistance with King Blog translations. On my own, I would've broken down from having to spend 1-2 hours everyday on it and stopped King Blog altogether early on. But I'm glad I stuck through with it. I've learned many new Japanese words and much about Japanese culture, e.g.

-hatsumoude, first temple visit of New Year
-game companies encouraging we spend our New Year's money on their games
-entrance exams are such a big thing that even game devs mention them
-even Japanese housewives play Suikoden
-setsubun, bean throwing night

Actually, that's not much, is it? I definitely learned lots of vocabulary though.

And lastly, thank you all for reading.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thanks jainsafel and DMX!!!!

we all appreciate what youv'e done for us, the king blogs were great and it was a great way to prepare for suikoden 5, you guys have made suikoden fans everywhere..very happy :D
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Oh pish posh, jainsafel. It's quite alright. We really appreiate your eagerness to actually get the job done. You were the only translator, aside from DM_X, that actually did work, so , for that, we are very appreciative.

Also, you know I am also appreciative of the work you do, DM_X. You're too cool for school, heh. I'm also looking forward to that Luca Blight story translation. Good luck with that.

I guess now would be the time to eat pineapple since Suikoden V is out. Who doesn't love Falena...(no, there's not supposed to be a question mark behind that =P)
I hope everything is going delicious.
jainsafel
Elite Member

Post by jainsafel »

Thanks guys! I really did enjoy helping with the blog. I needed something to kick my ass and make me work with the language on a regular basis before I forgot it entirely :shock: And I learned stuff too ... like, uh... well, I *did* learn stuff, but right now my brain apparently needs more caffeine. Stupid brain.

And major kudos back atcha, DMX - you were the main man for this show, and you did an excellent job. Twas a pleasure teaming up with you!

I probably won't be continuing with King's blog unless something really juicy comes up, since now that the game's been released it's likely to be even more heavily weighted towards King and his mood swings, and uh... I don't know what he's saying half the time with those :lol:

I do have some projects in the works that I'm looking forward to getting started with - a more long-term Suikoden project (still to be decided on - anyone have any requests?) and my Rose of Versailles manga / Arslan Denseki novel projects that have been languaishing for, like, ever...
Angelis_Taleria wrote:I guess now would be the time to eat pineapple since Suikoden V is out.
Or some "Beloved Cheesecake X 6" ... whatever the hell *that* is... :lol:
cape

Post by cape »

a more long-term Suikoden project (still to be decided on - anyone have any requests?
Well,since your so looking forward to it (although I doubt you really would),

how about translating the suikogaidens for us people who don't know japanese?

KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Who doesn't love Falena...(no, there's not supposed to be a question mark behind that =P)
Right...

Well, I suppose now's the time to say it:

Falena, in Italian means butterfly or prostitute.

Anyone found it in any other dictionary?
[evil laugh here]
jainsafel
Elite Member

Post by jainsafel »

cape wrote:how about translating the suikogaidens for us people who don't know japanese?
I just *knew* someone would suggest that. I think we need someone to rip the dialoge from the game before it can be attempted, though. Trying to translate the games by playing through them looking for very single dialogue branch is...not something I want to attempt :shock:

Should someone actually rip the dialogue though, I'd love to tackle that project; sure.
Zankoku Tenshi

Post by Zankoku Tenshi »

KoyuRedd wrote:
Angelis_Taleria wrote:Who doesn't love Falena...(no, there's not supposed to be a question mark behind that =P)
Right...

Well, I suppose now's the time to say it:

Falena, in Italian means butterfly or prostitute.

Anyone found it in any other dictionary?

Hem..i'm sorry but Falena isn't butterfly (we say "farfalla") or prostitute ( lol, we call them "lucciole" that means "fireflies"). Falena, in italian is a bug similar to a butterfly, that kind of nocturne butterfly who is ever charmed by a light or fire, and often it takes fire...hum...i hope you understand what i mean.

P.S: Sorry for my bad english.
And Sorrow's native son, He will not smile for anyone.
Night

Post by Night »

Falena, in italian is a bug similar to a butterfly, that kind of nocturne butterfly who is ever charmed by a light or fire, and often it takes fire...hum...i hope you understand what i mean.
Sounds like a moth to me?
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Zankoku Tenshi wrote: Falena, in italian is a bug similar to a butterfly, that kind of nocturne butterfly who is ever charmed by a light or fire
Charmed by light? sounds like a metaphor for the sun rune if I've ever heard one.