TGS Promo Video

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Spanish Seed

Post by Spanish Seed »

Maybe Mike will be one of those assassins. His past was mysterious in Suikoden III, Watari noticed something odd about him.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Call me an idiot if you all want, but I think the other True Rune may be called "Rune of Stars" or something similar. That fireworks thing becomes the stars (Dawn = Sun, Stars = Night)

EDIT: I watched Gamespot's video, and there were two locations looking like Limestone Shelves, and Mountain Mass Island, so the Island nations may re-appear somehow...

EDIT EDIT: There are also wombat-like creatures, and one of them has cyclops' (X-men) eye-thing.

And who's the caped lady anyway? She feels like Jeane (Way too mysterious), but has black hair.
[evil laugh here]
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

And who's the caped lady anyway? She feels like Jeane (Way too mysterious), but has black hair.
That's what I was wondering, at first I thought is was Windy, but how would she be in Falena if this game is (supposedly) between Suiko1 and Suiko2? I guess is she's a protagonist of Suiko5.

As far as the video goes, it looks like a whole new race of humaniods will be introduced, they looked like gophers or something. :? I'm liking the assassins already, and Georg definitly has somewhat a relvealnce to the plot.

Gameplay wise, it looks like good ole 6 person parties again (YES!!!!!) and it does work in 3D quite well, the camera out of battles looks alot better than Suiko3 and Suiko4,unites look good (all the assassins have thier own unite) and the rune animations (I think that fire spell was Explosion) look much better than Suiko 4's spells. Now I'm pumped up for this game.

:D
daoster

Post by daoster »

Hmm, the queen appears to be transparent in the scene where Hero IV and Rion are sparring/practicing...I wonder why?

Also, it's probably my eyes playing tricks, but I'm seeing two sides of the Ying Yang. First half at around 0:14 and the second half at around 2:59.

Looking great so far. I hope that the trailer Konami releases on their tomorrow (in Japan) won't be this one...but a THIRD one. Probably not though.
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

I wonder if the stradegeist is a Silverburg, and which characters have been confirmed besides Viki?
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Woohoo!!! It looks like the tauntauns are back!!!

The caped lady looks like it could be leknaat...

And the gopherpeople i believe are moles cuz moles are blind and would need the viser.

The music in the background sounded like suikoden 2's music! Awesome!

*sorry if i repeated anything anyone else said im in a hurry and only read the first two pages*
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

We've never seen any blonde in the silverberg family (they've always had brown/red hair). So perhaps in Suikoden 5 we will get a main strategist who has nothing to do with the Silverbergs. It seems like they will definitiely have water-related strategies and tactics.

Also, those dragon-like creatures are called "Dragon Horses." They are described as being able to move fast on land and on water. The 10-minute trailer had some guy saying, "so they are cavalry that can rush over land and water." Well, it's all rather exciting.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Some of the music indeed sounds like a song from Suikoden II. I'm thinking one of the Heart-Softening themes, but still it isn't exact...
Geddoe

Post by Geddoe »

Has the 6 person unite be confirmed as a unite? I thought it was kinda like the "rush" in 4. Except instead of healing and dealing damage to all it just had everyone combo on one.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Hold up Black Knight Yuber, when did georg get an eyepatch!?
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Crowley's_Apprentice wrote:Hold up Black Knight Yuber, when did georg get an eyepatch!?
He had one in the Genso Suikoden 1 Manual.
I hope everything is going delicious.
josiskrazy

Post by josiskrazy »

TheBoundlessDream wrote:I wonder if the stradegeist is a Silverburg, and which characters have been confirmed besides Viki?
Georg Prime is confirmed...He'll prolly have a big role in the game since is shown with the Hero thruout most of the trailer...

and could this possible be Lorelai?
http://img286.imageshack.us/img286/3306/137gj.jpg

if so that makes 3...but with Gerog and Lorelai, it only makes sense that Killey would show up also...
Shinjite aisuru hito
Watashi no naka de kimi wa ikiru
Dakara kore kara saki mo zutto
Sayonara nante iwanai

Ano hi kitto futari wa
Ai ni fureta
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

josiskrazy wrote:
TheBoundlessDream wrote:I wonder if the stradegeist is a Silverburg, and which characters have been confirmed besides Viki?
Georg Prime is confirmed...He'll prolly have a big role in the game since is shown with the Hero thruout most of the trailer...

if so that makes 3...but with Gerog and Lorelai, it only makes sense that Killey would show up also...
Huh..the resemble with that person in the background and Lorelai is uncanny.
Snow-Vingerhart

Post by Snow-Vingerhart »

That was an awsome intro.........
I really think it is way better than S4 ...finally the real suikoden is BACK! :wink:
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

True Wind Bearer wrote:
josiskrazy wrote:

Huh..the resemble with that person in the background and Lorelai is uncanny.

yes, I couldnt agree with you more True Wind Bearer! that deffinetley is lorelai