Connections from past games and theories

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

I think the reason behind Georg's eyepatch is one of the following:

1. His eye was damaged in a previous battle before Suikoden II takes place. It was not a serious wound but a patch was placed there just for protection. I do not think he lost his eye since replacing the eye with a fake one might have been a little tough with the medical technology in the Suiko world at that time. Also, we already have a patch-wearing swordsman (Geddoe) I dont think the developers would have the same cliche character.

2. It's part of his costume/disguise. Georg could have been using the patch to fit a role so afterwards if he was ever on the run from someone they would be looking for a person with an eyepatch. Just an idea.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Raiden

Post by Raiden »

You may be right Hxc Flavor on number 1, but number 2 can be a good idea.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I think he's just using it as a disguise because of his "incident" with the Queen of Falena....but it's not a very good one, if you ask me. I agree, though, I doubt Konami would make the same "badass" eye-patch wearing swordman twice...or at least I hope they don't make the same characters with different names. That would dissappoint me so incredibly much.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

The thing is, he has worn the eyepatch even BEFORE murdering the Queen, so we can't use the Queen's murder as a reason he's wearing that damn eyepatch.
LGM

Post by LGM »

Perhaps its just the fact that for this game (unlike 4), Konami are trying to make their 3-D charaters stand out a little more. You must admit Georg in 2 was a very bland visual character.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

LGM wrote:Perhaps its just the fact that for this game (unlike 4), Konami are trying to make their 3-D charaters stand out a little more. You must admit Georg in 2 was a very bland visual character.
That still doesn't explain why he wore it during the Sucession War.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

I'll repeat myself:
I believe he lost his eye and had to wear an eyepatch. After murdering the queen, he ditched the eyepatch and got a glass eye.

speculation of course...
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
LGM

Post by LGM »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:
LGM wrote:Perhaps its just the fact that for this game (unlike 4), Konami are trying to make their 3-D charaters stand out a little more. You must admit Georg in 2 was a very bland visual character.
That still doesn't explain why he wore it during the Sucession War.
Okay, think of it like this. Georg was in 1's hand book, but didn't feature in the game. This is what he was originally supposed to look like. It makes him visually recognisable, as the general with the eyepatch. When he appears in 2, there have already been a lot of characters with eyepatches (Zorak, Gaspar, a ton more) and to give another character an eyepatch would muddy a characters identity. When they get to 5, they want him to spring out a bit more, so they slap the patch back on.

Sometimes continuity of unimportant plot devices has to be disregarded to make gameplay easier to follow. I personally think the eyepatch has no real relevance, apart from looking cool.
Doo-Doo-D-Doo, Doody-Doody-Doody-D-Do....