About suikoden V hero

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

afi wrote:Mcdohl and riou ain't quiet,they did talk in the game. It's just that we have to choose what they're going to say.
IV's main character had them too.
Noke

Post by Noke »

It's a guy?! Damn...

My sister was so happy when she saw the hero (thinking it was finally a girl) but oh well... I agree no Suikoden heroe's have been very 'manly', but no Suikoden heroe's looked as much like a girl as this one (yes, that includes Chris.)... Maybe without the hair style and color, the hero could pull of a guy but this sucks.

Suikoden 4 was indeed the ugliest hero, this one is the girliest. Suikoden 1 and 2 are my favorite games in history, so there's no way I'm not getting this even if the hero was a cactus, but still...

At least he has nunchuka! I love the fact the Suikoden series don't have just a simple sword each game! Very cool.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

patapi wrote:
afi wrote:Mcdohl and riou ain't quiet,they did talk in the game. It's just that we have to choose what they're going to say.
IV's main character had them too.
The problem is everyone is just looking for a reason to criticize SUikoden IV. While the game may have been lackluster to most, I don't think the lack of a voice for the Tenkai is something to hold against it. Especially when Riou and Tir are brimming with the same personality as our dear friend, Lazlo.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

MrKnowItAll wrote:yea im just sayin he talks in the game
Are you talking specifically about the flashback scene just before you get the Bright Shield Rune? If you are then yes, he does speak of his own free will, but he only says the options you chose for him previously in the game. Oh, and young Riou speaks in that scene, too.
afi

Post by afi »

What do you prefer? Hero speak at his own free will all the time or we choose what he wants to say. I don't think the heroes are really that silent.
Spanish Seed

Post by Spanish Seed »

Picking a comment is more interesting then the character talking on his own freewill. You can get comments that are quite interesting and funny like in Suikoden II making Simone bark like a dog. Hopefully you saved before doing that because he doesn't come back. Being completely silent by selecting ........ but not all the time you can select that.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

My personal favourite is "We'll never forgive you, ghost!"
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:My personal favourite is "We'll never forgive you, ghost!"
Where's that from?
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Greenhill mission: track down the ghost (flik/shin)
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
Spanish Seed

Post by Spanish Seed »

Right after you bump into Flik inside the school. That's one of the comments you get to pick.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Yep. If you say that you just get looked at and have to choose the other option.
Soul Eater

Post by Soul Eater »

Did you ever think, in our society, where men are dominant that a lot of powerful women look like men (they dress like them etc.). In a country where women are dominent, perhaps powerful men are more feminine?

Hero IV probably only seemed quieter because he was in a game with speech...

At the start of the game, when you select "voice1/2" for the hero, I thought it actually meant in conversation.
Yuber's_Chaos

Post by Yuber's_Chaos »

In my opinion, it is best if the hero speaks on his own free will AND you can choose an answer from time to time to affect the proceeding of the game.
A talking character has more personalitiy, I kind of thought of the heroes from I,II and IV as dolls. You only used them to challenge the game but there was no empathy at all.
~Always search for the light crowded with darkness~
Eric

Post by Eric »

Yuber's_Chaos wrote:In my opinion, it is best if the hero speaks on his own free will AND you can choose an answer from time to time to affect the proceeding of the game.
A talking character has more personalitiy, I kind of thought of the heroes from I,II and IV as dolls. You only used them to challenge the game but there was no empathy at all.
I agree. I'm not too fond of Silent Protagonists, as they're called (and yes, I am aware that Silent Protagonists are not 100% silent, but let's just call them that for the sake of the discussion).
I will sing for crescent moon.
afi

Post by afi »

I prefer the hero to talk at his own free will and also get to choose what he says. That way,neither sides won't get mad.