About suikoden V hero

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Ehm, Why does gloves? They kind of look like some kind of. Well they look strange.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
tmxdragoon

Post by tmxdragoon »

the hero of V looks better than IV. And also the suiko V hero has a pretty cool looking weapon. I really hope this game isn't a letdown like suiko IV.
afi

Post by afi »

konami should have learned their lessons after how IV turn out . I hope the storyline is as good or better than suikoden 1/2 .

Hero V looked kind of arrogant and hot-head . Hope he talks a lot and won't be quiet like hero IV .
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I hoep so too.. but I would bet money that hero 5 is gonna be silent
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

That is the Suikoden tradition, isn't it?

IV's Hero wasn't the first to be quiet. McDohl and II's Hero were silent heroes as well.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

thats right.. I forgot suikdoen 3s heros actualy spoke..id be more than happy if hero 5 acted like all the heros in 3, voice acting would be an incredible bonus
Last edited by son_michael on Fri Sep 09, 2005 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

patapi wrote:That is the Suikoden tradition, isn't it?

IV's Hero wasn't the first to be quiet. McDohl and II's Hero were silent heroes as well.
It is tradition, but for some reason everyone thinks that simply because everyone else had spoken dialogue the hero must have it as well. There's no real difference between written dialogue and spoken dialogue, the Tenkai's(Thomas excluded) never spoke and I don't think it should be held as a criticism against Konami simply because everyone else had spoken dialogue in Suikoden 4.
I hope everything is going delicious.
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

The difference is that even though McDohl and Riou were both silent characters, they had a personality and you could see their struggles and how great they truly were because of their actions as well as all they endured to see their mission through. The SIV hero was a lame duck and in my opinion, the worst of the group of heroes.

Back on topic, I could be wrong, but the hero's weapon in SV reminded me of Nanami's weapon. Again, I only saw the character art, but that's what it reminded me of. Overall, I like his outfit, but I do agree he looks like a chick. What I'm curious about is has there been any reference of a time table when this game takes place? I want to get back to the present in the series so we can move towards a confrontation with Harmonia.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I know a lot of people are wanting to the series to pick up after Suiko III in the timeline but I don't think they should just yet. They've created this huge gap between IV and I so they might aswell close it, it would just be pointless not to. I'd say it could be done with three games at the most. Maybe even just the one game if they played their cards right.
MrKnowItAll

Post by MrKnowItAll »

well im replayin suikoden II and my Riou talk on mine ...u had to pick for what he could say but he was silent..
Edit by Red Killey: Images are not allowed in the signature. Please read the rules.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

MrKnowItAll wrote:well im replayin suikoden II and my Riou talk on mine ...u had to pick for what he could say but he was silent..
Erm, when people say that characters are silent, it means they never talk of their own fre will. You can make them talk, like when you get the option for Riou to answer for example, "Yes" or "No".
MrKnowItAll

Post by MrKnowItAll »

u can make him say more than yes and no ...for example at the beginning of suiko II u can say "i know we gonna make it through"
Edit by Red Killey: Images are not allowed in the signature. Please read the rules.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

MrKnowItAll wrote:u can make him say more than yes and no ...for example at the beginning of suiko II u can say "i know we gonna make it through"
It was just an example.
MrKnowItAll

Post by MrKnowItAll »

yea im just sayin he talks in the game
afi

Post by afi »

Mcdohl and riou ain't quiet,they did talk in the game. It's just that we have to choose what they're going to say.