About suikoden V hero

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Dooz

Post by Dooz »

Because with silent heros it feels like you're part of the game, rather then watching someone else act out the role of the main character.
afi

Post by afi »

What i mean actually is to get to choose cool,badass sentences. We choose what we want our hero to say and i want those sentences i choose to be more sophiticated,witty etc (like what i said earlier).
executor of balance

Post by executor of balance »

Yeah, saying badass sentences is cool, but often you're forced to choose an option, like in suikoden 2. You can keep saying to Nanami that she can't come with you, but she always does.
Stubborn little brat.
The graveyard is full of indispensable men
JianLong

Post by JianLong »

That picture on page one of the rumored hero is the gayest, grossest, and most disgusting I've ever seen....there's no way I can try to buffer it and trick my mind into seeing him in a better light....even if the personality is what we'd call cool, it would still be all thrown off because of the gay appearance. Is Konami trying to pull off a Final Fantasy when it comes to making the leading male hero?

But yeah, can't wait to play! :lol:
Dooz

Post by Dooz »

I actually wouldn't mind playing a gay character. I mean, how many games have characters that are openly gay? Not many.

I welcome man-on-man action with open arms.
killey

Post by killey »

That's kinda funny, first a homophobe posts about how disgusted he is and then you got Dooz posting who wants to play being gay.

I think it's just a picture and from what I can see of the in game shots he looks cool (especially the one where he's in his fighting stance looking like he's gonna stop bullets). The only thing is konami of America and Europe might want to think about using a different pic (than the one on the first page) on the front cover when they release it.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

killey wrote:That's kinda funny, first a homophobe posts about how disgusted he is and then you got Dooz posting who wants to play being gay.
Yeah, really funny.But considering this is century XXI and your very own virility wont be affected by the hero´s look :roll: I think Jianlong, you should take it easy. :lol:
By the way, for me the main picture in konami´s official website shows a hero´s face quite feminine,but I still find it cool.but really, in the videos shown I dont find trouble at all with the hero´s movements, face or clothes, even for (manly voice here)VIRILITY maniacs...
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

In the trailer, HeroV is is called by ouji(prince), denka(highness, or something like that), aniue(big brother, by his sister)

So I guess he'll mainly be called ouji or denka, which reminds me Gremio calling Tir bocchan(young master) all the time.

On another note, according to the first post here which concerns the Dengeki Interview:
http://otd9.jbbs.livedoor.jp/gensosuiko ... 90&range=1
Even though HeroV will be silent, he will have a definite personality.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

dragonmasterx wrote:So I guess he'll mainly be called ouji or denka, which reminds me Gremio calling Tir bocchan(young master) all the time.
That's funny, that's exactly what I thought too in my other thread on the subject.
http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=4544
fc_conn

Post by fc_conn »

Oooh...I read that post you linked (the Japanese one) about Hero V having a personality. Nice. I am getting WAAAY too excited for this game! Thanks for the excellent linkage!
Aeris Blight

Post by Aeris Blight »

I've read that you can once again choose between two hero voices, ( only for fighting and stuff ) but that he's still a mute.

I'm mighty statisfied with the way how the hero looks. I mean - he has grey hair! GREY! normally someone with grey hair kicks ass, so I am sure this hero will do the same.

I wonder what his age will be... He looks older than the other hero's ( not including hero IV )

hm... I hope you can switch outfitst, just like you could do to snowe in Suikoden IV... that would be fun!
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Aeris Blight wrote:hm... I hope you can switch outfitst, just like you could do to snowe in Suikoden IV... that would be fun!
It's most probably that or the outfits change at specific parts of the story. Here's hoping it's the former.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

The hero seems feminine, but not gay. Though, I wouldn't care either way. (hehe..I rhymed.. :D )

As far as Lazlo..I didn't like his personality. When I first saw the artwork for Suikoden IV, I thought "Ohh! He has a badass look on his face, so he must be really sarcastic, and negative! He must have a really cool personality!"

WRONG! He was, indeed, a robot. He didn't have any facial expressions. at least in Suikoden III, they had facial expressions on their sprites, and some facial expressions for the art next to the text. I prefer a character who talks. I don't mind having a character with their own personality. I'm okay with the fact that Hero V will not have much dialogue other than the options you choose for him, but I was really hoping for his own voice.

The hero of V also has a similar facial expression in his artwork as Lazlo...so I'm not getting my hopes up this time, but I do wish that he has somewhat of a personality. Not saying Lazlo had NO personality, but it wasn't always shown.

Also, I believe he looks feminine due to his homeland. Yes, other men from Falena do not look feminine, but look at the people Hero V is closest too: His mother, sister, female bodyguard, and aunt. It's obvious that he's bound to be feminie when he's surrounded by women. The homophobic people will just have to deal with it, or not buy the game.

Even if Hero V Is gay, they would change that for the american and european release. Take Sailor Moon for example: two of the main characters for the fourth season were lesbians in the original Japanese text, but in Europe and America, they were "close cousins". Something like that will happen to Hero V, I know it will...no matter if he's just feminine or gay or whatever. He may actually be more manly than we all believe. We'll just have to wait for more screenshots or videos to see.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Lazlo did have a personality and it was shown for the most part. If you'd take notice, Lazlo usually had a naive or sad expression on his face which matches perfectly with the predicament that he was facing at the time being. I think the problem most people have with him is that they keep comparing him to Tir and Riou, mostly Riou, but he's not Tir or Riou he's Lazlo and you honestly can't expect the same thing from him that you found in the previous two silent heros. Another thing is, I think his personality was a bit too subtle for most people out there and they thought he had no personality, which is a real shame, but oh well.
I hope everything is going delicious.
killey

Post by killey »

The main character is royalty in a matriachal (sp?) society of course he's gonna look a bit more feminine in the artwork - it's all just part of developing him character wise. He looks masculine in game:

http://www.gaminghorizon.com/games/scre ... 310553.jpg

The chance of the hero being gay is slim to none and it's just as likely that they'll make him obviouslt straight - this guy is gonna have no sexual drive whatsoever which I for one are thankful for (unless he actually flirted with characters like Jeane, now that would give him a bit of personality!).

[spoiler]With Lazlo I thought it was good how they changed his picture so he looked pissed off once he got exiled but then that was it, they should have given us some real bitter choices of things we could say to Katarina and Snowe (Where's the fun in executing him if you can't rub in how superior you are and what an asshole he is)[/spoiler]