About suikoden V hero

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Well, that's not exactly a good reason for the Hero to look the way he does, since people like Georg Prime and Felid are in Falena, and they aren't girly in any sense of the word.
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

But was George Prime born in Falena?

I honestly don't know, I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or anything :D.
When Hero IV is abbreviated, it equals HIV.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Makumaku wrote:But was George Prime born in Falena?

I honestly don't know, I'm not trying to be a smart-ass or anything :D.
No. His official birthplace is unknown.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

Well then, there ye go.

Besides, since thier in Falena, the look of feminine has to be very accepted, so maybe, he just wants to look like that. It could be as simple as that. Personal preference of the hero.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Of course, that doesn't necessarily mean that he isn't from Falena. Felid seems to be from Falena, and since he's the Hero's father, it would make sense for Hero to be more neutral (than feminine or masculine); that's all I'm saying. The only real explanation for his appearance is "because Konami felt like it", or the popular theory of "The Hero is actually female" is true.
afi

Post by afi »

In an interview with the suikoden developers

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/ge ... 062p1.html

They themselfves confirmed than heroV is MALE and he can't be the KING because falena is a FEMALE STATE where only FEMALES can run the country.
The only thing that i don't like about that fellar is that he never say anything at all when i watched the trailer. He was just standing there,keeping quiet.
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

I already took the liberty of posting this earlier.

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB2/viewt ... 2&start=15
afi

Post by afi »

:mrgreen: Yeah, i know. There's where i get that link from. Thanks to you,i get a clear picture concerning the upcoming releases
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

Him being silent just means the return of the silent Suiko heros I suppose. Which I liked. I didn't like Suiko III when the main character talked normally.

Although, I suppose it had to be done, considering there was three heros in a sense.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Hmm I was hoping that Konami would'nt bring back another mute but oh well. At least he's not wearing short shorts. :lol:

Anyway I got to thinking, with every hero in Suikoden, they have a bunch of people rally around them, so if the Hero in this game is doing the same thing, then would that be looked upon as a rebellion on part of the Hero. Since he can't be king of a Queendom, he could be looked at as a tratoir of his own royality and start a civil war in Falena. God I just want this game to be released.
:D
Strategist in Training

Post by Strategist in Training »

Say... I saw the gamespot trailer and I saw the hero wear THREE different outfits. It was just a sighting. I'll try to list them.

Beginning- The outfit in the magazine scan.

4:06- This orange outfit

6:05- An outfit that looks So creepingly like Tir McDohl's clothes...

That's it.
Just to tell you... the user is a guy.

I'm just hoping to find a better avatar eventually.
Sovereign

Post by Sovereign »

I like that the series is getting closer to its roots - but I would have to say I like when main characters speak:

!. If the main character doesn't speak, to me its like saying "you are in the cockpit and his thoughts are your thoughts." In which case I should be creating my own character rather then being given a character to play in which I improvise.

2. It makes the character feel like a robot to me. Suikoden IV's main character felt especially like a toaster because he was a silent 3-D model. I dunno.... just doesn't feel right when you're playing the only one that's not speaking.

3. If your character doesn't speak you should be able to make alot of choices as to how he replies to things - "alot" of choices.

I like the new design for the main character. Strength and beauty go hand and hand. If you like his design you might like the new protagonist in Magna Carta for PS2. He's as effeminate as it gets - but he has an air of coolness as well.

Oh and if Eric see's this - I like your avatar!
AoiHonou

Post by AoiHonou »

For me, the appearance of the Hero5 is somehow a mixup treat for those got hooked with Chris' hair color and "feminine" face, and Hugo's tight outfit (both in Suikoden 3).
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

As it has already been said, a femininine looking male fits in the game, since it is a queendoom. I also would add that if the hero is a member of the royal family, no wonder why he wears such clothes.
I really prefer a non talking hero, if you are given options enough to make you feel that you are really choosing something.
I say:konami, give me a real good history and I wouldn't mind-even-to play as Koroku...
afi

Post by afi »

Why is it the suikoden 'tradition' of silent heroes. Wouldn't it be better if the future hero is cool,obnoxious,witty and saying out bad-ass phrases to the enemies like ''I doubt that you can withstand my rune. You and i,we're going to kill each other''.