About suikoden V hero

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
afi

About suikoden V hero

Post by afi »

I've been hearing negative remarks about the girly-face hero such as ''SHE'S a wimp,the heroes of suikoden are getting wimpier and wimpier,he looks like a girl'' etc. He does look girly though :roll: But that's not the point. If you were to look carefully,he has a broad shoulder. Some people even said that he's wearing a mini skirt?? The lower part of his costume will look similar to riou if heroV stand straight and still. Besides, his costume design is cool. It's like a portrayal of burning fire.The fire-coloured bandana,fire-designed weapon etc.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v22/i ... image2.jpg

In the end,it all depends on personality and attitude.
1) A manly appearance,but with a girly(or gay) personality
2) A girly face,but with a bad/kick ass and cool personality

For me,i would go with option 2 in this case. My point is to give the dude a chance. Looks can be very deceiving.

ps: maybe this should be in the character theories thread?
I'm new here,so don't get angry if i did anything wrong :?

Supply links to images, instead of posting them. Thanks. -p
Eao

Post by Eao »

I did notice the frame of Hero5's uper body and sholders. I know girls can have good biceps, but female rulers...don't they use smarts and cunning. unless Hero5, if female is an ancrstor to some "giant women".
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
afi

Post by afi »

He's standing sideways,no wonder people get the wrong impression about his chest.
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

I never have though of the other heroes as manly in any sort or fashion. Though none of them thus far have come off this girly, I don't think of it as bad thing. Just because he looks a little girly doesn't mean that his personality will match. The most manly hero thusfar, in my opinion, would be Hugo(and by hero I mean true rune bearer kind, Thomas didn't appear manly to me). The appeal of the other heroes has been that they are young men and young men tend to be not very manly. Maybe this one has just been groomed that way for the sake of plot (I think it takes place in Falena, which is matriarch society, so maybe he had to pass as a girl for the sake of the Queendom). And maybe Konami made him that way to attract more female gamers.

Anyways, I think it's nice that the character isn't the same as all of the other ones. A little variety never hurt anyone, much.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Personally, I just think it's character art. I doubt he'll look as girly in-game.
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

well if your gonna count hugo then you gotta believe geddoe was the most manly hero in suikoden
afi

Post by afi »

What about victor or flik??
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

afi wrote:What about victor or flik??
I think they're only counting Tenkai's and S3's heros(Thomas excluded).
I hope everything is going delicious.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

actually eroschilles is refering to true rune bearers as heros

so actually I guess wyatt/jimba is another good canditate for being manly

unless of course eroschilles is only talking characters you can play with
MrKnowItAll

Post by MrKnowItAll »

i agree with angelis that its just character art ..the in game pic of him on the scan looks pretty cool ...
Edit by Red Killey: Images are not allowed in the signature. Please read the rules.
afi

Post by afi »

What were the character designer thinking when he/she design heroV?(I'm talking about the art)
Yea, he looked different in-game than the art even though the image in the scan is not that clear.
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

I was talking more specifically about Hugo. I consinder him the main character of III since he got the rune that the game was about. Thomas was the tenkai, but seemed to have little to due with plot moving forward. More of a support character, in my opinion. Hugo seemed to follow the pattern of the tenkai more than Thomas and was basically in command of the castle once he arrived there after obtaining the Fire Rune, making Thomas more of a side character. There would be no way that Hugo would be the most manly True Rune bearer, since he was still a young adult when he obtained the rune and wouldn't be aging after that.

I haven't seen the in-game graphics yet, what do they look like?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

the graphics are good if your talking about suikoden 3....sadly...I wish it were true...I wish hugo was the true fire rune bearer and the next flame champion but EVERYONE has told me that hes not and that the OFFICIAL info from konami is the new flame champion is who ever the player wants... so ive given up......despite logical sense...despite anything the game says.. everyone thinks that if konami dosent say it then it cant be proven and as such wont be listed or recognised.

So it is with a heavy heart that I become those who have made no sense to me and say...we dont know who the next flame champ is therfore it seems you cant use hugo since hes not the main character of 3...We can only hope that konami will reveal the 2nd flame champion in the future but chances are they wont....

sigh..im sorry eroschilles I know its gonna take you a while to accept this horrible truth... but better I tell you this way than so many others telling you in the rough rough and cruel way

dont try to argue...resistance is futile..you will be assimalated

just like I was......
Yuber's_Chaos

Post by Yuber's_Chaos »

Were you ever thinking of going to the theatre son_michael? *g*
Well, though the real second flame champion isn't confirmed, the three of them get a true rune and I think, thats the reason why you could count them in when you refer to the heroes. There is no problem in a game having three or four heroes after all.

I myself like the hero from Suikoden V, at least his appearance, but I believe, his character will be ok, too.
I admit, that he does look like a girl, but I have no problem with that. I think he is rather cute and a wild temper would fit him.
~Always search for the light crowded with darkness~
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

lol yubers_chaos,actually I love to act in dramas and plays at my church{and do a great job too I might add} the post started very authentic and then I guess I got a little dramatic lol I guess the actor in me took over

anyway that post was true just dramatic

as far as suikodne 5s hero goes,if he/she has an awsome personality with an even cooler fighting style than sign me up for the hero 5 fan club, his/her clother are horrible though, are those leggings I see? and it seems he/she has very wimpy arms