5 things that suiko V needs.

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

I agree with whoever said that there should be more touches of war-reality in Suiko 5. Like with the burning of Rube and Toto villages in Suiko2, there should be some local casualites shown in Suiko 5.

Something I'd like to see in Suiko5 would be a bigger headquarters. I did'nt like the mansion in Suiko3 and hated the boat in Suiko4, so there should be like a large castle or even an island fortress off the coasts of Falena, that way when there are war battles (which would be good in either Suiko2 or Suiko3 form) that could add some strategy in the battles.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Aye, but I was just listing characters from your main enemy force. I could've also listed Dario from IV otherwise.
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

A stabile way of getting funds relatively easy is necessary I would say.

Suikoden 1 had the dice game. Suikoden 2 the trading system but a worthless dice gambling game. Suikoden 3 had both a good trade system and the extremely fun lottery and also the minibosses and treasure chests which gave a quick economic boost.

Suikoden 4 just had a worthless trade system and idiot minigames.

Suikoden 5 should have something like the lottery, a good and balanced trade system that really gives you the ability to make a REAL profit.

It should require some running around and backtracking but the trade should be worth it, for those perfectionists with patience it should provide cash early on.

The lottery should be just as in Suikoden 3. It was so fun.

I could even imagine some kind of "headhunter" system, like the one in Phantasy Star 4.
In Suikoden it could look like this: During the main storyline you recruit a "headhunter", he is an obligatory star who joins automatically. Then with him in your party you have the ability to recruit a couple of other shady characters, a headhunter and an administrative person, who then starts a hunters guild at your headquarters and starts giving out a long list of sidequests which could lead to money, treasure and other things.

The hunters guild should provide you with statistics on your effectiveness as a hunter and reward you with bonus items based on that.
That would really be fun.

One more thing i NEED and have been longing for, for way too long, is a more direct and fluid "random social interaction" system at the headquarters.
Make the coffee shop or tavern a place where characters come and go completely random and where you can participate in discussions, give people advice and learn about character secrets.
There should be hundreds of different random situations that could occur here and some of them should even influence the game in some way. For example, talking to different persons at different times could bring out super secret combination attacks.

One more NEEDED addition is a SEAMSTRESS or a fashion designer star of destiny that will allow EACH AND EVERY CHARACTER in the game to change between outfits. These will be found as "drawings/sketchings" all over the world and will be the same for everyone but look completely different on different characters.
There should also be a top-secret sketching available only if you are a hardcore player or have been reading a cheats manual, this one should make characters dress in sexy SWIMWEAR.

Those are improvements I would like to see.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

One more thing i NEED and have been longing for, for way too long, is a more direct and fluid "random social interaction" system at the headquarters.
Make the coffee shop or tavern a place where characters come and go completely random and where you can participate in discussions, give people advice and learn about character secrets.
There should be hundreds of different random situations that could occur here and some of them should even influence the game in some way. For example, talking to different persons at different times could bring out super secret combination attacks.
I like that idea. It sound kinda like Star Ocean's Private Actions, except that it would be more broader with NPCs as well as with your recruits and party members.
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

I think Pesmerga should be in this one.
When Hero IV is abbreviated, it equals HIV.
jonathan_priest

Post by jonathan_priest »

Another definate that bothered me in the recent game is the lack of explorable territory. In SI and SII, every large city had a few smaller towns dotted around, South Window for example had Radat and Kuskus not to mention the ruined North Window. Even Zexen, despite how small it was, had some additional areas. In SIV you had what? Maybe five or six inhabited islands? That's nearly the equivilent of only one territory in either SI or SII. Make the world bigger to explore and make us look for the 108 stars.
"It doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full...what matters is the glass."
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

RageRune wrote:
I like that idea. It sound kinda like Star Ocean's Private Actions, except that it would be more broader with NPCs as well as with your recruits and party members.
That would be awesome, but I think it would take a lot of time to be able to implement that. I won't complain if they took their sweet time making this happen though.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Sasarai is cute wrote:Suikoden 5 should have something like the lottery, a good and balanced trade system that really gives you the ability to make a REAL profit.
I can't say that I liked the lottery system in Suikoden III. I kind of liked the system in IV since I didn't have to buy the tickets I was just given them. Because I tend to loose money when I buy lottery tickets and then check them. The only way I ever won was doing a buy and reset before checking strategy but I don't like doing that as it's kind of "cheating" in a sense. I liked the treasure bosses though since you got money, experience, and treasure. Plus, even the regular encounters would level up any characters you brought along just to get them to a higher level. My point is I don't think another lottery would be that great. Although your other suggestions all sound good.
Sasarai is cute wrote:Suikoden 4 just had a worthless trade system and idiot minigames.
I thought the minigames were actually one of the few saving graces for Suikoden IV. The coin toss one was humorous and fun to do a couple times but otherwise worthless. But I liked all the others.

Edit: fact correction.
Last edited by Oppenheimer on Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

jonathan_priest wrote:Another definate that bothered me in the recent game is the lack of explorable territory. In SI and SII, every large city had a few smaller towns dotted around, South Window for example had Radat and Kuskus not to mention the ruined North Window. Even Zexen, despite how small it was, had some additional areas. In SIV you had what? Maybe five or six inhabited islands? That's nearly the equivilent of only one territory in either SI or SII. Make the world bigger to explore and make us look for the 108 stars.
Not to mention those 6 inabited islands were to small and did'nt have enough exploration (there were almost no houses you could enter, and even some stores were only outposts) and the building that you could enter only had like 1 or 2 rooms *cough*ObelPalace*cough*. I would like the enter stores and houses and have them be big enough to explore some things (Suiko1 and 2 had stores that had other rooms like a bedroom and a kitchen) and have the cites and towns be more vibrant and big. I mean the PS2 is capable of having big towns in RPGs so why not use that technology?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Oppenheimer wrote:I can't say that I liked the lottery systems in II and III.
Suikoden II didn't have a lottery system.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Oh, did it only have the trade system? Hmmm I must be thinking of another game that had a lottery system besides Suikoden III. Anyway, I don't generally like them in any game, but I didn't mind Suikoden IVs.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Oppenheimer wrote:Oh, did it only have the trade system? Hmmm I must be thinking of another game that had a lottery system besides Suikoden III. Anyway, I don't generally like them in any game, but I didn't mind Suikoden IVs.

I did, it was a pain in the ass spinning that damm joystick and always getting white balls worth nothing...
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

That's why you use the Lucky Tickets.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yea, should of did that but never did, I got the pirate king crown the hard way... soft reseting
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Jowy Atreides wrote:That's why you use the Lucky Tickets.
I could never get those things. I'd stick them on people, but it wouldn't change. Is there a set time limit to get it to change?
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!