5 things that suiko V needs.

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
MrKnowItAll

5 things that suiko V needs.

Post by MrKnowItAll »

1. Well i want to see the Dragon knights again, i miss the futch from suiko 3 and the mountin they had.

2.Six party members ...it worked way better than 4..plus better lookin characters.

3. Needs more unite attacks ...suiko 3 and 4 felt like it didnt have that many unite attacks.

4. A castle ...gotta love the comfort of a castle ..would love a customizable castle but i wont be picky.

5. A better war battle something like suiko 2 but you can position the ppl on the battle map and u can ambush ppl.

Feel free to add more if yall like.
Edit by Red Killey: Images are not allowed in the signature. Please read the rules.
True Wind Bearer

Re: 5 things that suiko V needs.

Post by True Wind Bearer »

MrKnowItAll wrote:1. Well i want to see the Dragon knights again, i miss the futch from suiko 3 and the mountin they had.

2.Six party members ...it worked way better than 4..plus better lookin characters.

3. Needs more unite attacks ...suiko 3 and 4 felt like it didnt have that many unite attacks.

4. A castle ...gotta love the comfort of a castle ..would love a customizable castle but i wont be picky.

5. A better war battle something like suiko 2 but you can position the ppl on the battle map and u can ambush ppl.

Feel free to add more if yall like.
1. I agree that at least one Dragon Knight should return, maybe Futch maybe even Joshua Levenheit.
That's one thing that hasn't been mentioned that much for the upcoming Suikoden V, Dragon Knights.

2. I agree, I have said else where many times that we should get our 6 party battles back.

3. I was happy with the amount of Unite Attacks in Suikoden IV, but you're right, Suikoden V can do with alot more than the small amount Suikoden IV gave us.

4. Yes. A castle. No ship HQ.

5. I'd like the Suikoden II war battles back, myself.

Even though you could have easily made this post in the main Suikoden V topic, it's fine here. But don't be surprised if it gets locked.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

The danger of topic is a "list" topic that won't generate any discussion. If you wish to discuss those five issues, that's great, but just to take turns listing off things you want isn't a paticularily good use of bandwidth. As long as you continues discuss of the 5 issues this topic should be alright.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

1. Well i want to see the Dragon knights again, i miss the futch from suiko 3 and the mountin they had.
Dragon Knights are pretty cool, but I wouldn't mind if we never saw any of them again. It's be nice if we did, though.
Agreed on both points.
Not really bothered about that. However many they put in is fine with me.
The ship idea's already been done, so I wouldn't worry about that making a return, True Wind Bearer. I imagine we'll go back to a castle or fortress or something similar with this installment.
Pre-battle troop positioning is something I've wanted since Suikoden II, it would add more depth and strategy to the major battles. I disagree with True Wind Bearer on this one, though, as one of the things I like about the Suikoden series is how they always change the major battle system. I'd be pretty disappointed if they just rehashed Suikdeon II's system.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

1. Id like to see the Dragon knights again too, id like to see some of the old ones and maybe some new ones, the game could easily survive without them but they are a good group of people.

2. I agree, six party members was one of the more individual points of the suikoden battles; i dont think they should have lost this at all. I think and hope it will be back in Suikoden 5.

3. It would be nice to have more unites i suppose but it isnt really a main point of focus for me, i was happy with the amount in suikoden 4.

4. Defintaly agree, i always liked having a castle for a headquaters but id like the castle to be more than somewhere they just stumble on; maybe put some detailed history to it and maybe show you some events that have happened there.

5. I agree with this one too, the war battle system from suikoden 2 is my favourite one out of all of the suikodens; i feel it offered more strategic thinking and was more like a battle than the system used in s3 and 4.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Well, I can honestly live without the dragon knights even though it would be nice to see them again.

The 6 man parties would be a godsend. I know it's only 2 more characters than in Suikoden 4, but it makes a world of difference.

I was satiated with the amount of unite attacks present within the last game. I don't think every character should have one.

Castle, town, graveyard, candy shop, whatever... Anything but a boat.

This is where I disagree with most. I disliked Suikoden 2's major battles. It just seemed so dry and boring to me. Where as the major battles in Suikoden III, I actually enjoyed. Even though you couldn't directly control the way your characters battled you knew their tendencies and you also knew they'd fight in a way that suited their character, so to speak. Not to mention their equipment and runes played a part as well.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Eao

Post by Eao »

what if Suikoden 5 had a 5 person party?
that would be weird.
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
afi

Post by afi »

The characters in suikoden lacked in special skills or moves.
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

I would like six member partry because more people can do more attacks and I like to have variation in the rune attacks.

I enjoyed the freedom of movement of the Suikoden II battles as well as the little men screaming and running across the battle field. The only thing I liked about Suikoden III's battle system was how each individual's level was important. I would enjoy a combination of II & III's battle systems. Where there would be a more free-range movement of the troops, but when fighting the enemy it would separate and the leaders of the unit would be controled by the played. The level of the Stars would be important in fighting like in III. I also liked watching the regular soldiers fighting each other. Maybe if they separated the units out by a Star commander with two other Stars and then sub-units that could be controled by the player consisting of the other regular soldiers under the commmander Star.

The other things I don't really care about. A castle or a boat, either way is fine with me.

I liked the dragons more than the knight, but I guess another knight would be nice.

And as long as there are the same number of unite attacks as there were in IV, I'll be happy.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Back to the good old style of Suikoden 2.

Well, The grahpic in Suikoden IV was nice but I want to be able to play both in 2d and 3d :D a big request still managable.

deeper charachters, more places to go. IV lacked areas.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I want to be able to play both in 2d and 3d
What would be the point in that? 2D Suikoden is a thing of the past, the series has moved on, so should you. For such a pointless option it would take a helluva lot of needless programming.
afi

Post by afi »

Now that you mention it, i think konami should remake and re-release suikoden 2 with great graphics like suikoden 3/4.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
I want to be able to play both in 2d and 3d
What would be the point in that? 2D Suikoden is a thing of the past, the series has moved on, so should you. For such a pointless option it would take a helluva lot of needless programming.
Well, Nostalgia and memorys friend, I like 2d more then those hyper flash FF 3d game with grahpics. I dont think its fit in a roleplaying game somehow. Feels more like a action or shoot em up game by then or movie!

But well, Im a bit conservative and are getting used to 3d rpgs, Atleast SIV hade totally okay grahpics.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:Pre-battle troop positioning is something I've wanted since Suikoden II, it would add more depth and strategy to the major battles. I disagree with True Wind Bearer on this one, though, as one of the things I like about the Suikoden series is how they always change the major battle system. I'd be pretty disappointed if they just rehashed Suikdeon II's system.
Well yeah I'm sure many will want a new war battle system back, I'm just a serious fan of the Suikoden II War Battle system!
son_michael

Re: 5 things that suiko V needs.

Post by son_michael »

MrKnowItAll wrote:1. Well i want to see the Dragon knights again, i miss the futch from suiko 3 and the mountin they had.
I dont think we will see the dragon kngihts in this game..I woud think there headquarters would be too far from falena..although it would be sweet to see some dragon knight traveling around
yep, gotta get that 6 man party back

. Needs more unite attacks ...suiko 3 and 4 felt like it didnt have that many unite attacks.
suikoden 3 did lack with unite attacks, 4 on the other hand had a crapload of unites, I was pleased with 4s unites,a little more wouldnt hurt but dont just focus on things like that, it could distract them form other important things in the game
why?????? weve had 3! count em 3!!!! castles for the love of god get with it people..drop the old suikoden formula and embrace the new, the boat was awsome and I loved it, so now lets keep it up and continue the originality that 4 has started, how about a mobile mansion? or a giant robot? or a cliff? how about an underwater base? theres unlimited possibilites...please dont stick me in another castle...

sounds good, even thoguh I LOVED suikoden 2s battle system, it needs to get more tactical and less with chance