new races

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Opale wrote:I've seen enough elves, dwarves and kobolds in video games. It's so common ! Suikoden deserves a more interesting race I think. Something original ! Maybe the wingers, if they are more developed... or maybe something new ! :idea:
Where else have you seen Kobolds?
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

They may not have been specifically named "Kobolds", but there have been many instances of dog-like humans in the past. Just search something along the lines of "fantasy anthropomorphic dog" and you'll see.
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

And how are wingers not so common?

I can't think of many, non-futuristic RPG's, that don't feature a winged human-like creature. Albeit thier usually enemies, but their still everywhere.
When Hero IV is abbreviated, it equals HIV.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Makumaku wrote:And how are wingers not so common?

I can't think of many, non-futuristic RPG's, that don't feature a winged human-like creature. Albeit thier usually enemies, but their still everywhere.
Thats what Jowy just said.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

Or it could be these Gopher-lookin' peeps.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/ ... rpeeps.png
Last edited by Makumaku on Sun Sep 18, 2005 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You should link to an image instead of posting it directly; the direct image makes it hard for dial-up users to get the page to load.
The board rules wrote:In view of those users who have to access the forums through dialup modems and similarly slow devices images in posts are not allowed, please provide a link if you wish to display an image.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Perhaps I am wrong, but I do not think that moles are that hairy. Besides, that first gopher/mole thing is out in bright light. Last I checked moles tend to stay away from blindingly bright daylight.
Makumaku

Post by Makumaku »

Well, then, a beaver?

I dunno, the point it, that that seems like a good candidate for a new race. Whatever it may be.

Well, it seems pretty much offiicial to me that the races will be Dwarves and Beaver people.

So that's good news to me.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's also a third gopher with lighter fur than the rest. He can be seen during the ten minute trailer, at right around 1:41 in the bottom-right.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

They're beavers. It says so during the trailer. Also, dwarves will be present as well in Falena.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

im very excited that there will be dwarves in this game,I hope they actually make us care about them
Opale

Post by Opale »

Jowy Atreides wrote:They may not have been specifically named "Kobolds", but there have been many instances of dog-like humans in the past. Just search something along the lines of "fantasy anthropomorphic dog" and you'll see.
Yes, and there are also kobolds in all the games related to AD&D, like Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights.
But it's true that they are not as common as elves or dwarves.
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

Gophers? In Sars trailer of S5, Sars Adminh translate those creatures as beavers and not gophers.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

SuikoCrimson108 wrote:Gophers? In Sars trailer of S5, Sars Adminh translate those creatures as beavers and not gophers.
Read Angelis' last post.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

don't forget the dragon-horseeeeees

can anyone identity the creature in 1:29 of the video? maybe it's just a dragon horse...