True rune

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
siefer

Post by siefer »

demon eye wrote: And the cross-like True Rune appears to be the Rune of Dawn. There is speculation about a long lost True Rune that is native to Falena as a treasure. Georg has really only been the only visible returning character that can clearly be confirmed, although Lorelai has sort of been spotted. There are also confirmations that Viki is present, as well. But, I have yet to see her in any of the trailers.
Viki doesn't physically appear in the trailers, but she is the person speaking at the very beginning of the TGS trailer. That's the confirmation...

...unless it's just a joke by Konami, which I doubt.

~Siefer
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

According to SARS she was spotted by a fan at TGS.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I alredy now the way how he manipulate kooluk, but that dosnt mind that kooluk dont win anything helping cray, you can see how they invade Razril and obel of course cray only was looking for the rune but kooluk also take the control of thats two islands if you watch well they do have a expansion because they declarade obel and razril theyr territori even if cray dont care for anything kooluk the two of then win, cray have recurse from kooluk in is persecution of the rune and kooluk could win more territori
If you know the way he manipulated them then you woul dunderstand that there was no "expansion" attempt by Kooluk. Cray was behind them going to the Island Nations in the first place. He manipulated Kooluk into believing there was a possibility for "expansion", but the fact is he just wanted Kooluk to take temporary control of the Island Nations so he could search for the Rune of Punishment. There was no "expansion". All the lands remained in control of the Island Nations, there was just a temporary exchange of management.

Now that I think about it I'm more certain because I don't even believe we ever see the king of Kooluk. I find that rather odd for a country to attempt to expand when its main leader is not even present. It becomes more apparent that the Governor and Cray were working together for their own personal interest and not the interest of Kooluk at all. In fact, we even see the governor trying to back out of the operations when he figured out what Cray was up to. There clearly was no attempt at this "expansion" which keeps popping up. This "expansion" was an illusion, a clever disguise for Cray's true goals.

Those events displayed could hardly be seen as an attempt at "expansion". Even Troy was weary of what his true purpose for being there was.

And yes, I do recall the woman speaking at the beginning of the trailer after sneezing and asking which country it was. That undoubtedly is Viki.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I thought it was really cute of Konami to announce Viki and the Queendom of Falena in that thingy at the beginning.
3RW!N

Post by 3RW!N »

demon eye wrote:
I alredy now the way how he manipulate kooluk, but that dosnt mind that kooluk dont win anything helping cray, you can see how they invade Razril and obel of course cray only was looking for the rune but kooluk also take the control of thats two islands if you watch well they do have a expansion because they declarade obel and razril theyr territori even if cray dont care for anything kooluk the two of then win, cray have recurse from kooluk in is persecution of the rune and kooluk could win more territori
If you know the way he manipulated them then you woul dunderstand that there was no "expansion" attempt by Kooluk. Cray was behind them going to the Island Nations in the first place. He manipulated Kooluk into believing there was a possibility for "expansion", but the fact is he just wanted Kooluk to take temporary control of the Island Nations so he could search for the Rune of Punishment. There was no "expansion". All the lands remained in control of the Island Nations, there was just a temporary exchange of management.

Now that I think about it I'm more certain because I don't even believe we ever see the king of Kooluk. I find that rather odd for a country to attempt to expand when its main leader is not even present. It becomes more apparent that the Governor and Cray were working together for their own personal interest and not the interest of Kooluk at all. In fact, we even see the governor trying to back out of the operations when he figured out what Cray was up to. There clearly was no attempt at this "expansion" which keeps popping up. This "expansion" was an illusion, a clever disguise for Cray's true goals. .

i dont understand why do you said that their expansion was just temporal, because they take the wole control of razril and obel and grant their own rules in thats region thats a fact, you said is temporal but who is gonna kick their bottom out for make their invasion temporal, they go for that region with the intension of stay, you alredy said a lot of times the plans of cray but that donts mind that kooluk dont win territori with cray plans

and the fact that the king dont be present donst mind anything, remenber that the represent of south zone was the governor, and has i said before that the king dont be present dont mind anything remenber that in suiko2 agares dont was present in the war he just stay in his castle and do nothing, luca is who represent the country in the war(in this case the governor). And in suiko3 either hikussak was present in the invasion of grassland and zexend but the fact that he dont be present donst mind that the expansion is not real
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

3RW!N wrote:
demon eye wrote:

Now that I think about it I'm more certain because I don't even believe we ever see the king of Kooluk. I find that rather odd for a country to attempt to expand when its main leader is not even present. It becomes more apparent that the Governor and Cray were working together for their own personal interest and not the interest of Kooluk at all. In fact, we even see the governor trying to back out of the operations when he figured out what Cray was up to. There clearly was no attempt at this "expansion" which keeps popping up. This "expansion" was an illusion, a clever disguise for Cray's true goals. .

i dont understand why do you said that their expansion was just temporal, because they take the wole control of razril and obel and grant their own rules in thats region thats a fact, you said is temporal but who is gonna kick their bottom out for make their invasion temporal, they go for that region with the intension of stay, you alredy said a lot of times the plans of cray but that donts mind that kooluk dont win territori with cray plans

and the fact that the king dont be present donst mind anything, remenber that the represent of south zone was the governor, and has i said before that the king dont be present dont mind anything remenber that in suiko2 agares dont was present in the war he just stay in his castle and do nothing, luca is who represent the country in the war(in this case the governor). And in suiko3 either hikussak was present in the invasion of grassland and zexend but the fact that he dont be present donst mind that the expansion is not real

I would suggest some major editing if you want to have a debate with the mighty demon eye
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I don't call it an expansion at all because there was no "expansion" attempt. Cray told Kooluk to go to the Island Nations and they followed like loyal puppies. Now why did they do this? They did this because of Cray's Guild, not because of an attempt at expanision. The Governor, whom doesn;t really even represent Kooluk as a whole, was out for his own interests and conspired with Cray in order to increase his profits. But, he found out that Cray was only using him for army support to search for the Rune of Punishment and yada yada. So, you see, there was no expansion at all.

I don't recall saying that the fact that the King of Kooluk wasn't present meant there was no expansion. I'm saying that there was no expansion attempt, because there was in fact no attempt at "expansion" and you can check the above paragraph again if you don't understand why I say so.

Suikoden 2 didn't begin for a war, it started due to a personal vendetta. The only reason the war fueled on was because of bad blood between Dunan and Highland which spanned back before Luca's mom was raped. Actually, Luca's involvement was only a catalyst which Luca knew himself. It was just an excuse for him to kill more Dunan people. But, notice how the war was only fueled by Luca and carried on even after his death. Kooluk wasn't even supported by the King as far as we know, it was all the Governor's doing. At least Luca did become King and led Highland into battle. Those two plots cannot even be compared.

As for Grassland and Zexen, we don't even know if Hikusaak was around for the first Fire Bringer War. But, besides that, he did make a presence. If you recall, he made Luc a bishop. This shows that he was in someway involved in the planning of the wars and knew how things were progressing. And if you would recall, Sasarai mentioned that he was getting orders directly from the "One Ruler" himself. So, I believe he was present even though he is not seen. In Suikoden 4, we are made very aware that the King was being underminded by the Governor and Cray. Notice how the Governor takes special care to make sure Colton keeps Troy in check as he sensed the doubt in his mind as to whether the plans are what King of Kooluk really wanted.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

I'm sorry I started this fight. ^^; I only mentioned that they were trying to do the southern expansion idea because under all the characters who were in Suikoden IV who are listed under the info of Suikosource's character list are said to be a part of the Kooluk Southern Expansion, which made it sound like a war. Other characters who were in more than one of the Suikoden wars mention the other wars (i.e. Gate Rune Wars, Fire Bringer Wars, etc...) so, I apologize for all the confusion.

In any case, back to the topic of the forum...I hear there's another true rune besides the Sun Rune, call the Dawn Rune...obviously opposed to the Night Rune. What's the point of it? I can't find much other info on the Dawn Rune.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

It's not a fight, just more of a clarification. Kooluk Southern Expansion was an official name given to the soldiers in order to get them to support Cray's plans. They wouldn't go to battle if they found out Cray was just using them to locate a True Rune he lost, right?

As for the Dawn Rune, it looks like it will be the Hero's True Rune and it looks like it will actually oppose the Sun Rune which is weird to me as Dawn reflects the rising of the Sun. There is also mentioning of a third True Rune which has not been identified at this moment. They say it has been lost for some time, but it is a Falenian treasure. So, we have limitted info on the Rune of Dawn and this mystery third True Rune.
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

It's strange that the Dawn Rune opposes the Sun Rune. One would think that it would oppose the Night Rune, but obviously Konami has grander plans. I can't wait to see what they are.
"And as for the the end of the World, you need not worry. No one should worry about such a thing right now..."
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
fostin

Post by fostin »

on gamespot's site, it mentionned that the goal of hero 5 will be the gathering of the true sun rune's pieces, this make sense about the rune of dawn being a piece of the true sune rune no?
Yuki Tenkai

Post by Yuki Tenkai »

Hmmm...very "Inuyasha"...

And, yes, that does make sense.
-Leknaat, Suikoden IV
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

That sounds interesting, but rather odd as well. It makes me question as to why one True Rune would be a part of another. The Gate Rune was split in half but it's not like we would would call both halves a different name. I don't know how to takewhat gamespot has said, but it sounds a little off. The Sun Rune seems to be intact and the Queen seems to have used it just fine 2 years before the present events in the game.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

demon eye wrote:That sounds interesting, but rather odd as well. It makes me question as to why one True Rune would be a part of another. The Gate Rune was split in half but it's not like we would would call both halves a different name. I don't know how to takewhat gamespot has said, but it sounds a little off. The Sun Rune seems to be intact and the Queen seems to have used it just fine 2 years before the present events in the game.
Knowing them, they probably translated something incorrectly. Just like when it was said that the hero's goal was to collect the 108 pieces of the star of destiny.
I hope everything is going delicious.
3RW!N

Post by 3RW!N »

hi guys and dont worry yuki tenkai is not a fight i just was expresing my point of view like demon eye and talking about diferents opinions, of this way, betwen all, we learn more about the game, for that is the forum and demon eye dont take of a bad way i dont was traying to fight just expresin my view has i said before :wink: , well the better is that we change the theme :?

I dont now that the hero true rune was the rune of dawn jeje i be lost in the forun for 2 days sow dont blame me :oops: and you said to, that we have to recolet thet pieces of the sun rune, every day this game looks more good and intersthing for me, im dying for his out