clothes of falena !!! does it ring a bell?

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Bartholomew too! Everybody always forgets about him.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Bartholomew too! Everybody always forgets about him.
Ah yes. After all, he is such a standout character. *Shifty eyes*

Meh could be worse, I can never remember who Karl is and almost always have to look him up on here when someone mentions him so I can remember who he is. There's no way Konami can deny that the characters of Suiko IV are underdeveloped...
Hash

Post by Hash »

I didn't mention Bartholomew because he's not from the same timeline of Georg and the others in my previous post. For him to be in, Suikoden V would have to be around IV's timeline, or Batholomew would need to become a True Rune bearer/vampire/insert-random-ageless-cause.

To be honest, if Suikoden V keeps up the timeline of IV, my hype for the game will drop 90%. I'm sure to be disappointed already, though.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I really doubt that Morgan would be in Falena at the same time as Killey and the others. Morgan escaped from his bondage (not literally, but I don't think Falena wants him running around their island either), I think he knows that he can't just go strolling around Falena without being arrested and thrown right back in to the arena.

So, since you mentioned people that could possibly be in Falena, but wouldn't be in Falena at the same time, I assumed you were talking about people that are known to have been in Falena at one point in time, but not necessarily at the same point in time, hence my mentioning of Bartholomew.
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

I think Jeane might be from Falena ,too. I come to suspect that Morgan may have been around the same time as Georg and Killey, he might not have asisted them, but could have met them at some point and time.

Lorelai didnthave anything to do with the Queen's murder, from what I understand, she was a Falena royal guard or someone high up enough to serve the Queen.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Y'know i'm probably gonna get proved wrong in a second for saying this but.......
Could the Sindars have originated in falena? Someone (i think) said that there was a nearby sindarin ruin, and lorelai and killey are extremely interested in the sindarin race. Lorelai and killey both (apparently) had some kind of part in the queen of falena's death, therefore maybe the sindars originated near falena or they are present at the time that this suikoden took place or when georg and killey killed the queen. Maybe we'll finally get a peek at the Sindarin people!

Also, is it possible that the many jeane's could be sindarin? All the sindars may be jeanes...
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

you know...thats not a bad idea....the sindarians are all woman and all look the same....and to make sure there existence is hidden, they span across continents and ages and all ware a rune that fools people into seeing them as humans...o wait, well that shoots your theory right out of the water there because of jeanes comment to koruko in suikoden 3,obviously all sindarians cant look like jeanne because jeanne dosent show her true identity, that is unless all sindarians dont look like jeane but all there disguises look like jean..hmmmmmm

but since this isnt a jean thread...yea the sindarian runes couldve originated in harmonia and we might actually see them in 5

edit: typos
Hash

Post by Hash »

If I remember well, the Sindars aren't stated as being from anywhere.

The Ghost Ship Guide in SIV is a Sindar. But his form is magical, so we can't really say that Sindars look like that.

Also, Viki says in a comment box letter that she's seen that Ghost Ship somewhere, and I see it as a strong hint towards Viki being a Sindar.

As for Jeane, I hope she turns out to be from Falena and we get to see her origin, along with Raura and Hortez. The mysterious runemistress stuff is way too much overdone, and we're tired. So, Konami better stop showing off her body and start showing the truth instead.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

we dont know what the fog ship guide is, theres no official information to state hes a sindar nor are there any hints in the game
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's definitely hints, such as Leknaat telling the Fog Ship Guide to return to the Eternal Capital, which is where the Sindar ended up after all of their traveling.

That doesn't necessarily mean that he/she is a Sindar, however.
Crowley's_Apprentice
Banned User

Post by Crowley's_Apprentice »

Even so, Jeane could just be a magical "costume" like the ship guide was (Charm rune, anyone?).
"Giggity Giggity Giggity!!!"--Glen Quagmire
"Victory is mine!"--Stewie Griffin
"Oh that's just nastee..."--Cleveland
"...evil monkey living in my closet..."--Chris Griffin
TheBoundlessDream

Post by TheBoundlessDream »

Its been said that the Fog Ship Guide is Pesmerga too, I cant really say if he's a Sindarin or not, I dont know much about the Sindarin people as far as them being from the Enternal City is concerned, I never heard much about it.
"Rulers change, borders change, countries change, but money is a constant. In fact, nothing better for business than a good war." -Shu

"The light in my eyes may have faded, but the light in my soul continues to shine" -Morgan
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

The Pesmerga "rumour" was merely a theory on this site. A pretty silly one, too, if you ask me.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

yea I agree with you there lemmy
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

Yes, it would be rather odd to have Pesmerga be able to project an image form another world and still not be able to project images to track down Yuber. Pesmerga si more than likely not the Fog Ship Guide.