Suikoden 5 !!!SCANS!!!

Closed with the JP release. Use the respective Plot/Setting and Gameplay forums, now.
SuikoCrimson108

Post by SuikoCrimson108 »

World map? I don't think there will be a world map in any Suikoden game. The suikomap only cover the area of kingdoms, nations and empires but not the whole Suiko world. But I really love this concept, so that fans like me will wonder about the next location where the future Suikoden installation will take place.
Suiko.tk: Yet another Suikoden site.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I think he means he wants to walk around and enter towns on the world map like you could do in suiko 1 and 2, personally id like that too
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Yes, I meant free-roaming overworld map.

Definitely not expecting a complete world map detailing the entire Suikoden world just yet. Having it this early would spoil the mystery of unexplored other regions that may be featured in future titles.
Dreamer4eternity

Post by Dreamer4eternity »

Wow, I read that Suikoden 5 was coming out from gamespot. So then I continued my suikoden love, and came here, after reading practically everything here, I finally came to this thread. Lemme say first off, they better give us a good story, I hate it when games have no good stories. I think that the game should take place slightly before suikoden 2. The reason why I say this, is because if Georg murders his mom, he could have a need for revenge, and go to get revenge but doesn't get it, instead he finds out information that his mom had underworld connections and was doing bad things, and then rebel against the nation. Or something like that. Now the problem I would have if it was after suikoden 2, would be that you would think that the next queen would learn from the mistakes the last one made and make changes, leaving no room for any conflict of anysort. Now if it was after suikoden 4, my problem is that, when they made a new nation or something like that, it didn't really last, because obviously the queen must have done something wrong in order to get assassinated, so a nation that was good, didn't last. But that also brings a certain kind of truth to it. For once in these games, I wish they had an official love interest for the main character, I read plenty of fanfictions because I didn't get any love stuff from these games, some that I heard were...suikoden 1-mcdohl and kasumi, suikoden 2-riou and ellie, suikoden 3-hugo and lilly, geddoe and queen, chris and percival/boris , 4- I haven't even found any fanfictions on that game since it was such a sinker. Of course they have the famous gay fanfictions too, but I tend to not read those. I also would love it if they returned to the suikoden 1 and 2 battle system, 6 characters. Also I would love the story to be much more dramatic, in suikoden 1 and 2, the characters would keep their issues to themselves, in suikoden 3 *I haven't beaten it yet, since I am too lazy haha, but I'm close.* I didn't feel like there was anything too dramatic, yes there was the death of lulu, and the ceremony scene, but it feels like the character forgets about it as they go along. Of course they have to have an important character die, all of them did, except 4 I think. But I would love to see the main character haunted by something, and maybe tries to deal with it alone, but ends up having someone to help, *Which I am hoping will be his bodyguard* Hehe, I would love it if they would include a load thing to the game, of all the games. If it was after 4, then make it so that there is a Ted importance, and just extras stuff for the other games, if it is before suikoden 2, then have Mcdohl in it, maybe Windy, it would put an end to the guessing of wether or not she is alive. If it is after 2, then put all the possible past heroes in it, even if it is just cameo. I want to see more Leknaat, the first game had a ton of her, she really was an important character, in the 2nd game, her importance kind of, disapearred, in the 3rd, she wasn't there at all from what I have seen, but yes Luc was important, in 4 I saw her, but again, she wasn't as important as I would have liked her to be. Wow I said a lot, sorry for the big paragraph everyone!

EDIT: (PS. I thought that the main characters weapon didn't look like a 3 piece num chuck, it looked like there were 4 pieces, although 2 of them weren't separated, but it looked like they could have been, it also looked like it could be used as a staff, because of the pose he makes in the one screenshot couldn't be done with num chucks but it could with a staff.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

I don't know why some people want a free-roaming map back so badly. IMO they should have point and click. It leaves time for more story and other things.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I like a map that is free roaming but has clear paths. like Chrono Trigger. There was usually a fairly narrow path so you know where you had to go. Also, there were no random encounters on the map, I like that too. We get enough of that in dungeons.
suikodenherodrake

Post by suikodenherodrake »

I just found out about this today, but I don't have time to read everyone's posts. What all do you guys know, if you got a translator for the scan?
Check out my Suikoden fic: Freiheit
WARNING: Season 1 may cause head-splodies.
R.I.P. Todd Davis
3-21-88 - 2-25-07
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

sars already translated the scan, go to suikox and you can read it on the main page
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

lonedarkwolf wrote:im hopin for both land and sea battles and the old 6 person team battle
I'm sure that most Suikoden fans are hoping to get the good ol' 6 party battle system back, in Suikoden IV, four characters in a party just didn't seem right.

And here's hoping there's a free-roam world map, all in all I'm hoping Suikoden V will lose alot of Suikoden IV's traits and gain alot of Suikoden I & 2's. Yet I'm sure many people will disagree with me.[/quote]
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

The item system from IV should be a definite keeper.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

True Wind Bearer wrote:... all in all I'm hoping Suikoden V will lose alot of Suikoden IV's traits and gain alot of Suikoden I & 2's. Yet I'm sure many people will disagree with me.
Yet Suikoden IV actually inherited lots of traits from I and II, compared to Suikoden III. Funny.
Lemmy Claypool wrote:The item system from IV should be a definite keeper.
Only if they find a way to allow fitting equipment at the point-of-sale like the other Suikoden games. Else, it's much better to have limited inventory alongside a warehouse-keeper instead. Say, Barbara was a well-developed character after all, wasn't she?
Eternal Rune

Post by Eternal Rune »

uuummmm, guys, i don't know if this question has already been answered or not, but what does it say on the main page of suiko V web page???? it says stuff in japanese and 2005 is in the middle of the sentense.... does it refer to th TGS or what???
i guess you already know it, but the web page is

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/V/index.html
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

Yes, there will be a playable demo already for TGS. :)
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:The item system from IV should be a definite keeper.
Only if they find a way to allow fitting equipment at the point-of-sale like the other Suikoden games. Else, it's much better to have limited inventory alongside a warehouse-keeper instead. Say, Barbara was a well-developed character after all, wasn't she?[/quote]
I agree. It was something of a pain having to switch back and forth between the equipment and shop menus to change equipment and sell it. I also liked how they confined the armoury and general store to one SOD, which was slightly more convenient than in previous games.
Stallion

Post by Stallion »

I dont want the girl's style to be Falcon style. Falena has its own military history and she is likely an assassin of that style. While the Falcon style -may- have spread to Falena I wouldn't want a main character to use it.

Also Dreamer4eternity that was good spotting in regard to his staff. In the screenshot where he is posing with it it appears as a complete staff, yet in the larger image it is split into parts. I think this further points towards Falena having its own fighting styles and characteristics... also denoting a certain degree of technology. While it doesn't appear as complicated as Groussier Flux it seems to be the same basic idea as a weapon.

Oh and to the cell shaded style complaints - the image where the older man is holding hero5, if you look it is clearly using the ingame 3D models, it seems all the screenshots are ( cept that one at the bottom with the closeup of her ).

All in all I'm hoping to see what this game brings.

The Sun rune is possibly opposed to the Blue Moon rune?