New Suikoden SRPG Scan!

Closed with the release.
Eternal Rune

Post by Eternal Rune »

heeeeey guys, good news, (two days old though), i opened ign's ps2 page to find a new preview of rhapsodia... LOOOOOOTS of new info, you guys need to read it... just go to ps2.ign.com and you shouldn't have tough time finding it, i would write the link but i don't know if its allowed... anyways, i'll say a couple of things [spoiler] :
-1- hero4's version talks (how did i know, because there are SIX videos you can download :) ),,,,, snoew does too.....
-2- you'll get to see more than 50 characters (some are all new characters, not sure how much though)
-3- the us release date IS IN NOVEMBER, start saving guys
-4- the sound from the battles is the same as suiko IV's, i think its a bit altered though, but it suits rhapsodia very well (just an opinion)
-5- the one who wrote the preview said its system has better qualities than other SRPG's
-6- we'll have somethings that are familiar with the series, we'll get to attach runes, as we COULD go to a black smith
-7- there ARE combination attacks, whatever that means :?:
-8- you'll get to walk and stuff, though its limited
-9- there ARE side-quests

thats all i got from the article but i didn't go through it thoroughly... you guys read it and add more info.... don't forget to download the six videos.. it kinda gives you an idea about the gameplay.....
[/spoiler]
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

-7- there ARE combination attacks, whatever that means
You have got to be kidding me if you play Suikoden, and do not know what combination attacks are.
Eternal Rune

Post by Eternal Rune »

i played all the games Anamanaguchi, i don't know if Combination attacks are the same as "Unite Attacks", thats it :D .... anyway, the one who wrote the preview might've meant unite attack by combination attacks
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

The Japanese term 協力攻撃can be tranlasted as either unite attack, combination attack, or any close synonymous phrase you can think of.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yes, combination could have meant the combo system that's been added to many RPGs and games beyond fighting games (valkyrie profile, grandia, legaia... mega man x).

but we are talking about Suikoden.... so even if they have a combo count system, it's still going to have Unites!
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

i played all the games Anamanaguchi, i don't know if Combination attacks are the same as "Unite Attacks", thats it Very Happy ....
It's pretty damn obvious.
Chas

Post by Chas »

So has anyone heard anything new about this? I only found about it yesterday.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

There's lot of new screenshots, featuring people like Nalkul, Champo, some Obel soldier with a facial portrait (generic soldiers wouldn't usually have a facial portrait), and Adrienne providing some sort of service to the player (in a non-combatant role, much like Suikoden IV). That's from the Rhapsodia site, by the way. I'm guessing that the Obel soldier is part of the Quest Guild (or whatever it's called), since he shows up in the foreground of some shots of some obscure landscape, probably where you're getting the quest from.

There's also screenshots featuring a skill list for Kyril, Kika and Dario. Could someone possibly translate the names of these skills?

Also, click under 'System' and then the circle at the top; there's lots of pictures featuring some girl in white with black hair. I was thinking that was Viki or someone similar (the only other person I can think of is Leknaat, but I doubt she will show up in this game).

Last but not least, there's a new wallpaper featuring Corseria.
kelvingarinkz

Post by kelvingarinkz »

and also : Noah, Rene and Nareo seem to be playable ^^
i saw Rene casting a Fire spell ^^
kelvin loves suikoden
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

kelvingarinkz wrote:and also : Noah, Rene and Nareo seem to be playable ^^
i saw Rene casting a Fire spell ^^
Konami has to make up for the lack of background in Suiko4. I wouldn't be surprised if all the 108 stars appear somehow...
[evil laugh here]
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Hmm, I just saw the new trailer and there appears to be modern equipment in one of the pictures. Unless I am mistaken, I saw a crane in the picture around 1:04.I know the Suikoden World is a bit advanced judging from the few things we've seen, but for some reason seeing a crane sent me for a loop, especially so far in the past. There also seem to be some kind of wires running with electricity during 1:55. *cough*

Also, I doubt anyone knows who the pirate with pink/purple hair is at 1:22 on the right side of the screen.
Last edited by Angelis_Taleria on Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

yurk ukr, blä bla! Shoot me! its focking cel shadin! South park Grafic! I hate that ugly sort of graffic!
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

Siel Avadon wrote:yurk ukr, blä bla! Shoot me! its focking cel shadin! South park Grafic! I hate that ugly sort of graffic!
They're just trying new graphics. No need to panic.

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Hmm, I just saw the new trailer and there appears to be modern equipment in one of the pictures. Unless I am mistaken, I saw a crane in the picture around 1:04.I know the Suikoden World is a bit advanced judging from the few things we've seen, but for some reason seeing a crane sent me for a loop, especially so far in the past. There also seem to be some kind of wires running with electricity during 1:55. *cough*

Also, I doubt anyone knows who the pirate with pink/purple hair is at 1:22 on the right side of the screen.
Cranes aren't actually "modern" since you kinda need them to build buildings and Suiko4's headquarters (most logical sight). they don't look too modern, either.

And I don't see the deal with electricity since there is a *lightning rune*
[evil laugh here]
Hassie

Post by Hassie »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Hmm, I just saw the new trailer and there appears to be modern equipment in one of the pictures. Unless I am mistaken, I saw a crane in the picture around 1:04.I know the Suikoden World is a bit advanced judging from the few things we've seen, but for some reason seeing a crane sent me for a loop, especially so far in the past. There also seem to be some kind of wires running with electricity during 1:55. *cough*

Haha that's funny. A crane sends ya for a loop, but an elevator in all the games is perfectly logical huh?

If you want to compare to real life, which is never a good idea, 1740ish was the first elevator. Crane's to different capacities had been around for a long time. Not hydraulic crane's that we see nowadays of course, but a rope and pulley system for lifting large objects when building, definitely.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The elevators were powered by men, not electricity. Well Adlai's and Shizu's were anyway. I doubt the elevator in S4 was powered by electricity either. Although the elevator in S1 may be a bit different, who knows.
Adlai (Chisou Star)
Origin: South Window
Position: Inventor
Events: Dunan Unification War
An eccentric inventor who causes much trouble in South Window. It was he that introduced the elevator to the Hero's Headquarters. He is dangerous in mass combat, don't go near him! His elevator is actually powered by four "Elevator Barbarians" who lift the elevator with their muscular strength. They train in a forest close to Greenhill.
I hope everything is going delicious.