Suikoden VI Strategist

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Palmguy

Re: Suikoden VI Strategist

Post by Palmguy »

They could put them together in a game. They don't have to be SOD. Leon wasn't a star in Suiko2 but had a more important role than in Suiko1 where he was a star.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Maybe one of them could have a child.
I'd like to see that. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Silverberg, but, like Shu, a student of theirs. I rather liked the idea that they ruled the world of strategists and either them or their disciples were called during a time of war.

I've already shared my disdain of Lucretia. Because her abilities seemed unreal and it made the game seem like you've always had it in the bag. Even when they took over your castle, you knew it was going to happen. Call me crazy (Actually, call me "Deon") but I would liked to have the hero lose something without her being able to say "I told you so". So I really hope, if there is a Suikoden 6, that there is not another Strategist like her. Have someone who is, like everyone else, human -- in the sense of they are prone to errors on occasion.

If they brought Albert back, I'd like to see him go under a different name since he had to flee because of his involvement with Luc and the Second Firebringer War. He could use a different name. He could hint at his past. He could even reveal his true name later on in the game or something.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

i would like see a strategist that actually has to struggle a bit to get results against a brilliant enemy tactician, which in my opinion that last 2 games lacked. Thats part of what made suikoden 2 fun in this respect.

I am not saying the main tact has to an joke like caesar, but to have an uncertain outcome as two great tacticians go head to head (sort of like with Shu and Leon). That would be far better than an Elenor or Lacreatica showing up, and having every outcome prepared for and the main hero's army never losing or withdrawing from a battle that wasn't part of some sneaky "in-depth defense" plan.

Those are all strats are all good and fine, but i guess i just want a little more drama ..or perhaps fear. Like when you lose to Luca blight, even after so much prep work and effort, that's part of what makes it fun. Then your secret 18 man ambush mission (which wasnt even shu's idea) and barely winning. I like that and want it again.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
SuikodenTHater

Post by SuikodenTHater »

I probably in the minority here but I have always hoped that the strategist would become less prominent player in future Suikoden games and that they would slowly give the hero/player a much more important role in planning and executing strategies that his/her armies follow. They did this a little in Suikoden 5 but not as much as I would like.

These strategies could effect the outcome of the game and even the ending you see and could even be put in a comic relief if you choose a bad strategy

Strategist: I think we should do this, do you not agree hero?
Hero: Well actually no I don't agree
Strategist: I see what would you suggest
(battle map opens up and you asking you questions about what you do and you get a reaction from the strategist image like that card game in 5 and a reaction in the face of the character that lets you know if what the strategist thinks of the choice and there would even be an ask the strategist button for advice the strategy and what changes should be made if your not sure.

How the strategist reacts could depend on your choice regardless of the reaction you can choose to go into battle with your strategy and still win but maybe the battle is hard then it would have been or maybe someone dies in the game or you simply loose these things would effect the moral meter of your troops that could effect future battles and even parts of the story.

Anyway I went into more detail then I plan to but I like to see the hero become more involved in movements of his army and to do that the Strategist would have to play a lesser role then what they have in past games.