Ressurection+Darkness unite?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Mikain Clan King

Ressurection+Darkness unite?

Post by Mikain Clan King »

What would you think if in S6 if they had the two runes unite, and what would you think it would do/look like?

Heres what I think so far:
Some half-angel half-devil thing appears behind the enemy and the enemy is taken by the ball of darkness while being rained upon with light from all sides (besides from under)...maybe bringing a party members back to life or if you have no one dead it just auto kills lesser enemies...or the one you didn't target....but this seems more like a true rune now...take out the ressurect member and the appearing half devil angel thing and make it a ball of darkness that grows alot bigger than normal and ....wait I just thought of something else...their shadow eats them very very slowly while draining its life force from them to you, simple and painful...to them.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Chaco

Re: Ressurection+Darkness unite?

Post by Chaco »

Cool concept I like it. :wink:
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

I don't think they would want to allow this because the whole point of unite magic was that it was the combination of HARMONIOUS runes. Resurrection and Darkness are complete opposites, one with Holy element and the other with Dark element. They can't work well together.. it's like wanting a unite spell with Fire and Wind or Fire and Water; not gonna happen.
Mikain Clan King

Makes total sense now that you mention it...without thinking about it they kinda seemed alike...
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

KFCrispy wrote:I don't think they would want to allow this because the whole point of unite magic was that it was the combination of HARMONIOUS runes. Resurrection and Darkness are complete opposites, one with Holy element and the other with Dark element. They can't work well together.. it's like wanting a unite spell with Fire and Wind or Fire and Water; not gonna happen.
It makes sense but instead of a darkness and ressurection unite how about something like ressurrection and water unite? and a ressurrection and wind unite and maybe a darkness and lightning rune unite and maybe a darkness and fire rune unite.

My ideas on how this would go would be like....
Ressurrection rune + Water rune= Holy water nymph
the spell would go like this, first it would rain and then little spheres of holy would come down, the rain will heal all allies and the spheres of light would ressurrect fallen allies, then a big circle would appear around the enemies ( like ressurrections charm arrow) and then icicles would come out of the ground and shoot out at the enemies while the charm arrow attack is going. this would also hurt fire and undead enemies a little more than non fire and undead enemies.

Ressurection rune + Wind rune= Holy cyclone
The spell would go like this, first a gust of wind would come to heal injured allies and then a holy light would come from the ground and bring any knocked out allies back to life, then in front of the enemies a cyclone would come and then a beam of holiness comes from the ground and right into the center of the cyclone, turning the cyclone a purpleish color, the cyclone would go in and attack all enemies.

Darkness rune + Lightning rune= Dark thunder
the spell would go like this, first it would go like deadly fingertips and heal both casters, then a pillar of black goes into the air and comes down with lightning spiraaling around it attacking one enemy, it can also have a 20% automatic death rate and may kill the enemy regardless of hp, it would also be good against holy types.

Darkness rune + Fire rune= Fiery pit of hell
the spell would go like this, first off the enemies would become engulfed in darkness and then it would go away and fire would come out of no where and engulf the enemies in fire, then before they know it the enemies are in hell, but then they are back on the battlefield.
this too would have a 20% death rate. Perhaps this one needs some more thought?

Holy rune + Earth rune = Heavenly earth
this spell is more of a support spell, first off earth shards would come from the ground and attack some enemies and then hold spheres would come and hurt the enemies, then an angel appears in front of the heroes and revives any of them that are unconcious, then grass comes from the ground and heals the characters a little, and then 6 rocks come up from the ground and glow they then cast a magic spell that will prevent any magic attacks from hurting the party one time.

Darkness rune + Earth rune = Dark earth
here's how it would go, earth shards would come from the ground and attack all enemies then a sphere would come from the sky and attacks all enemies, then 6 rocks would come from the ground and cast a spell that makes all enemies get hurt by magic 20% more.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤
Mikain Clan King

Sounds good, but the ones where they ressurect all dead members and heal seems to overpowered, Suikoden is pretty easy anyways. Dark Thunder sounded good. But I don't think they'll do that because rune unites tend to be very powerful and there is only like 4 plus that 5 would be way too much.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

yeah i'm not a fan of having 5 or so different unite spells that can revive+recover the entire party.. that's a little broken. but maybe they can develop the magic unite system further.

Suikoden V introduced magic unites at all levels as long as your runes are upper-tier. Unfortunately they made pretty much every combination of elements at any level do exactly the same thing.... that was extremely boring.

I'm thinking there should be some runes that can only unite their lvl 4 spells, while others can do any level... but some or all of the the "any level" unites can only be done by a single character using both runes....... Resurrection and Darkness Runes if added to the mix might be allowed to unite with elements at any level, giving you alternate spells. So Resurrection + Water gives you one set of spells and Darkness + Water can give you a completely different set of spells. It would be hard to come up with unique spells for so many combinations though.
or the other method would be that Darkness/Resurrection are "less" compatible with the elements, so they can only unite with lvl 4 spells, while the elemental runes can unite at any level. however, practically speaking, you'd be able to start using these 2-element unites too early in the game making it too easy (but that's typical Suikoden anyway). i'd rather see Res/Darkness give you more options (unites at any level) but the game would not give you the runes until mid-game or so.
Mikain Clan King

That would be awesome to have a magic system like that. But maybe I thought of the Ressurection/Darkness unite because I always saw the Ressurection as a dark type of magic (Suikoden wise) rather than holy....its just cause whenever I used it when I was littler It was always in a dark cave or something in the game, and the way the spells look is kind of evil, but now that I'm older and I think about it, its way more clear that it isn't dark.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Eroschilles

Post by Eroschilles »

I was under the impression that Darkness and Ressurrection were both from the Soul Eater rune, since it has both life and death qualities. But I'm usually wrong bout these type of things...
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

is it alright to establish that the Resurrection Rune is of Holy Property?

and doesn't the Darkness Rune signifies the Dark Realm? or most likely the Hell? and that doesn't automatically means DEATH right?

also i doubt that teh suiko lineage is keen on angels and demons

i mean seriously, the game should put more info on its items instead of like:

"A crystal containing the power of the Resurrection Rune" or somethin like that

so in a nutshell, there's no contrasting characteristic between two

they aren't Angels and Demon

they prolly ain't Holy and Evil

neither good nor bad i guess

Resurrection and Darkness Runes just don't provide a clear cut distinction like the 5 elemental runes imo
Mikain Clan King

I think Eroschilles might be onto something, if that is right then there could possibly be a unite later on....and then I would feel less dumb about the whole holy/evil difference I didn't see.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

Darkness does not equal Death

tat is if you are pertaining as Resurrection equal Life
Mikain Clan King

Do you mean light?
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

i think they are fairly well-defined.
"Holy" and "Dark" affinities are specifically used for the Resurrection and Condemnation Runes in Suikoden V. "Dark" is also used for Soul Eater/Darkness Rune in Suikoden 2.
also, from seeing other RPG games, the Darkness or Death element and instant death spells go hand in hand. Both the Darkness and Condemnation Rune have instant death spells, while the other spells deal "Dark" elemental damage.
another theme from other RPGs is "Holy" or "Life" magic doing extra damage to undead as well as having resurrecting and healing powers, which happens in this series as well.
fong03

Post by fong03 »

I think adding the Holy and Dark elements to the unite scheme would be a nice idea. These are the pairings I would like to see:

Holy + Wind: Low Damage + Healing + Party Buff (Increased SPD + Decreased Casting time maybe)

Holy + Lightning: Massive single target damage + DOT

Dark + Earth: Moderate area damage + debuff (Def + MDef down)

Dark + Water: High area damage + Debuff (Silence)

The two weakest elements (damage wise) get nice offensive spells here and wind magic also gets to shine as well. For me, Holy and Dark are always a slight step above the other elements and that is why I gave these unites some additional bonuses.

I also think the unite system in general should be revamped. I did not like unites for each spell level, and I think that only the best mages should be capable of unleashing these spells. Suikoden has always delivered in terms of magic and I feel that these specials should shine a bit more. To compensate for that, it should be more difficult to pull them off. Only those who are equipped with rare runes, have access to lv4 spells, and an affinity of A or higher in that element should be able to unite magic.

Le'ts also hope for an increase in the difficulty level as well! hehe