Future Five Animal Group

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Redheim

Re: Future Five Animal Group

Post by Redheim »

Mio wrote:hey so uh which animal would you think they'll place on the star (forgot which star) thats been a five animal group?

the ones before were the Squirrels, Dogs, and Beavers...

feel free to elect even non-animal characters

oh and please explain your answer (its more fun that way ~_~)

i myself would like to elect a 5 Viki (different ages) Group

well that would be so hilarious and it would feed us more info on the ever elusive Viki

(i imagine all of them sneezing at the victory party all at once :D)

another one came to mind...

what about a group of Angels?

O_O
You forgot mermaids.
Keep your Coins, I want Change.
Templeton
Banned User

Post by Templeton »

I would go with...

1) Frogs: Because it's about time they had them.

2) Some plant related race: I hope this counts...

3) A dinasour type group: Because Suikoden has little pre historic type animals.

4) Dragons with human type persona's: Yes I agree with what was said.

5) Bug type creatures with human characteristics: Although you may refer to the Mantor riders here.

The only thing I really want to make note of is the fact that, since Suikoden 2, there was a statement that every Suikoden country had a Kobald settlement to explore, and I feel they should, sometime soon, show Kobalds somewhere else.

Thanks for your time

Ryan.
Mio
Banned User

Post by Mio »

hey what about Alternate World Creatures?

y'know like what Luc summoned on Leknaat's Isle

and Yuber's Zombie Dragon

oh and Yohn and those fishmen...

what about a group of creatures from another world?

<_<

might be stretching imaginations quite a bit huh
BlackKnightYuber

Post by BlackKnightYuber »

Seeing how things have been going, I'm half expecting cute little bunny rabbits to be the next animal race introduced. Personally, I'd like to see more Wingers, or maybe something like a race of Centaurs. But whatever it is, it'll likely be cute and furry. Kind of a shame, really.
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

BlackKnightYuber wrote:Seeing how things have been going, I'm half expecting cute little bunny rabbits to be the next animal race introduced. Personally, I'd like to see more Wingers, or maybe something like a race of Centaurs. But whatever it is, it'll likely be cute and furry. Kind of a shame, really.
Yup, sure is a shame and probably will happen...but what do you think about a group of wolves with Shiro as the pack leader?
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Kagiya

Post by Kagiya »

I vote for Chinchilla!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinchilla
For a cute non-speaking animal.
BlackKnightYuber

Mikain Clan King wrote:
BlackKnightYuber wrote:Seeing how things have been going, I'm half expecting cute little bunny rabbits to be the next animal race introduced. Personally, I'd like to see more Wingers, or maybe something like a race of Centaurs. But whatever it is, it'll likely be cute and furry. Kind of a shame, really.
Yup, sure is a shame and probably will happen...but what do you think about a group of wolves with Shiro as the pack leader?
Wolves would be just fine. I wonder if Konami would see them as too similar to the Kobolds, though.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

Whatever it is they bring in, if its an animal, i hope it doesnt talk. The whole Narnia talking animal thing is way over played. I mean c'mon Konami, how many 7 year olds play Suikoden?
Mikain Clan King

I think I was around 8 when I started which is almost 9 years ago, but then the squirrels didn't talk and they were like the most sucessful animal group in the games...well they said 'Muu' but thats not a human language. And yeah they'd probably think it'd be to much like the Kobalds, but I REALLY hope they don't come out with some small furry animal that can talk and has an annoying attitude and voice....the beavers were horrible....wait what was the animal group in 3? And I think they should be mammals, that can't talk.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
BlackKnightYuber

The animal groups in Suikoden III were the Duck and Lizard Clans. I thought both of them were pretty solid. I thought the mermaids from IV had potential, but they were wasted by every single one of them being accessory makers. Would it have been too much to make one or two of them playable?
Mikain Clan King

Yeah but wasn't there an animal group of 5 that all had a unite in 3? Like 5 squirrels, 5 dogs, 5 beavers...and there wasn't an animal group of 5 in Suikoden 1 was there?
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

The dogs were the animal group in III. And in S I, we only had 5 blacksmiths...^^
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

JanusThePaladin wrote:Whatever it is they bring in, if its an animal, i hope it doesnt talk. The whole Narnia talking animal thing is way over played. I mean c'mon Konami, how many 7 year olds play Suikoden?
Suikoden 1 had blacksmiths, so they don't really count 'cause they're human.
Suikoden 2 had flying squirrels, who were mute.
Suikoden 3 had dogs, woof.
Suikoden 5 had DoReMi elves, who can't say much more than the notes that make up their names.

I fail to see the point of that post. Even if the Beavers were an odd addition, they're certainly one of the more creative new JRPG races I've seen in a long time.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Mikain Clan King

I think he was talking about the talking beavers in Narnia...
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Which still brings me back to beavers being one of the more creative JRPG races seen in a while.

Suikoden started striving for actual animals-who-can-talk since Suikoden the very first game (Kobolds) and was kicked into overdrive as soon as Suikoden 3 (Ducks, Lizards). Their inclusion added a level of dialog that most likely wouldn't have been addressed in any other fashion without falling into political incorrectness (rivalry between tribes in S3, "racial purity" in S5).

Short of Kobolds, Wingers (if you even count them), Ducks, Lizards, Nekobolds, and Beavers, every single other animal in the series can't talk. Even Ernst can't talk in his regular state.
Formerly known as: Gothann