Suikoden VI on the Timeline

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Benthos

Suikoden VI on the Timeline

Post by Benthos »

Well, I will make this topic for speculation about where on time you want Suikoden VI to be?

Before SIV? Between SII and SIII? After SIII?

I personally think it should be between II and III. I don't know the whole story of III, but I know that is very much to be explained before it.

What are your opinions?
mhatter106

Re: Suikoden VI on the Timeline

Post by mhatter106 »

after 3.. i want to know what happens after all the stuff that happened in 3. a true sequel.
Sunspray

Post by Sunspray »

Depends on what's going on, where it takes place, etc.

In general, I'd say I'm most hopeful for it taking place after 3 because we've just had a few prequels and it's getting tiring.

However, I always thought it would be cool if there was a game taking place between 2 and 3 where you can play as Flik or Victor.
ViktorIsMyBFF

Post by ViktorIsMyBFF »

I think it would be cool if it started out near the ending of the higheast rebellion and took off from there. So we could see all of our former stars before the game even started!!!
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

The only true prequel thus far was Suikoden IV. Both Tactics and V were sequels to that game, and I must admit that they built on the game's story rather well with all the rather heavy references to the Island Nations Federation.

We cannot discuss timeframe, unless we discuss location. Thus I'd like them to go further south and allow us to journey through either New Armes Kingdom or the Nagarea Theocracy next. I have a feeling that they could work out the mysteries surrounding the Ancient Armes Dynasty, and probably put a closure to Jeane's story (who, if based on V alone, has strong connections with the land).

Then, timewise, around the time of V's conflict would be best. Immediately after is preferable, of course, as it'd bring the game closer to I's timeframe, and hence give me hope to more returning characters from that game.

But, I'm open to anything.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I want a game that focuses on Leknaat, Windy, Yuber, and Pesmerga. The location would most likely be the Nameless Lands, as their, well, Nameless...
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

i think they need to stop poking around and make a true sequel (after iii). i don't care if it's 30-50-100 years in the future with zero returning characters (maybe descendents though...), suikoden needs to move on.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Well, I agree with most of you guys, about Suikoden VI taking place after III, the only reason I didn't prefer this is because a sequel could maybe run out of the "Suiko Factor", setting off to the future, I don't know, I think it couldn't be good enough to keep the fans happy.
Silver Dragon Flik

Post by Silver Dragon Flik »

I really want a sequel to S3, I don't care when or where it takes place. And like to see characters return, that never returned before.
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

There are so many timelines to see.
Some mentioned & some we just never heard about.
Some names we read about but never even seen before.

I know there are Victor & Flik lovers.
Victor may have a limited adventures, then again maybe more then we think.
Between looking for neclord after he survived the destruction of the Northwindow disaster & the Liberation army, he honed his skills.
Perhaps he was part of the succession wars.
Perhaps thats when he met Flik for the first time there.
Then after the Dunan wars he went Vampire hunting & helped Edge as well.

I wouldnt mind seeing more about Jeane,Viki & the Magical Duel with Crowley & Masus.I think we would learn alot from the first war with Hikusaak when Harmonia was established.I am sure there will be many mysteries with Yuber as well.
Ninjalizer

Post by Ninjalizer »

It would definitely be nice to continue after S3. Prequels are nice.. but it's like, it's not going to be news (more like looking back at photo albums). I want some new story with new runes, so possibly something a few years after S3.
In order of greatness:
S3 > S2 > S5 > S1 > S4
coolfox09

Post by coolfox09 »

i'd really like between tactics and V
Spoiler: im sure you may know this but bartholomew's (from Suikoden IV) character ending, it ses that he went to Falena so i want to see what happens next
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'd say maybe after 3.

Though one in between 4 and 5 wouldn't be so bad. I mean, that's a 100 plus years gap. A lot could have happened.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Avalionis

Post by Avalionis »

I heard a rumor that Suikoden VI was gonna revolve around the "2nd Gate Rune Wars" or better known as "The Re-combining of the Gate Rune"

But again...that's just a small rumor. :\ But it would explain how Barbarossa and Windy's status has changed to MIA. (or unknown)

I don't really want it to happen before Suikoden IV...as for the destruction of the Village of the Gate, and Bob's village (Bob from Suikoden II who's rune helped him maintain his human form) they can always explain those within the game. (like the destruction of the Village of the Hidden Rune was done in Suikoden I...only not being sent back in time) But if it's not really important, they can just tell the story.

After Suikoden III would be somewhat nice...I mean, we'd get to learn more about what happened after the 2nd Firebringer War...
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

I dont think Barborosa was born around those times.
The thing is that many people dont know about Suikoden.
The people I know never even heard of the game.
They need to comercialize it more.
If Konami can make more money on the games, then we may be looking at alot more sequals.
I wouldnt mind seeing some more sequals & Prequals.

There are way too many mysteries we need to see.
Including Konami's promise that we will know what jeane is all about.
That makes me think there will at least be one more game based on the past.

I think many people are into the newer consoles, especially children.
Perhaps if they remade the games into say PS3 etc & comercialize it, people may say "Hey that looks pretty cool"

Basically less sells equals less sequals & Prequals.