your suikoden 6..tenkai wish

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Belcoot4

Re: your suikoden 6..tenkai wish

Post by Belcoot4 »

I agree I dont think customizing the tenkai would be a good choice for the story or for the appeal of the game it self. First, if Konami wanted to continue the story into other games: 7,8,9,etc, and if they keep the traditional loading previous data of the last game it wouldnt be right if it looked different in everygame. As for the appeal of the game who would they put on the cover of the game..... think about it. Every cover has the hero with a bunch of the Stars all around them.
For my wish in the upcoming game (hoping available for the ps3), I'd like to see a older male whos slightly more dominant than the previous hero in V. Not that I didn't like the last hero but he seemed weak and was pushed around a lot, maybe Georg will toughen him up who knows. If not that a older female whos magic will be insane by the end of the game like Zerase, Crowley, or Levi.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

hink about it. Every cover has the hero with a bunch of the Stars all around them.
For my wish in the upcoming game (hoping available for the ps3),
They could always put the true rune on the cover, but I see your point with the tradition thing, so I agree the customizable thing would be to complex when tieing it to the manga and such.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Yeah I'd be soo awesome with a customizable tenkai but it doesn't seem very suikoden-y-ish :|
Customizable costumes would be pretty awesome to, it'd put alot more hours in the game...your whole party could be matching colored uniforms and some bonuses could come out of stuff like matching colors and powered up unites.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Yeah I'd be soo awesome with a customizable tenkai but it doesn't seem very suikoden-y-ish
Yes exactly
Customizable costumes would be pretty awesome to, it'd put alot more hours in the game...your whole party could be matching colored uniforms and some bonuses could come out of stuff like matching colors and powered up unites.
That would be cool to get differnt unites depending on attire :wink:
-Chaco
Belcoot4

Post by Belcoot4 »

Now that I think about it I dont think that customizable costumes would be that great either. Seriously, not that I'm not imaginative, but the concrete moral behind all of the suikoden stories so far is that theres 108 (sometimes more) stars who come from all over the world, or country, where naturaly they would bring traditonal dress, style, and uniquness to the party. For instance, does anyone think that Hugo would have looked good with some good ol Zexen
Armor on, or Geddoe with some Karayan rags on. Kinda like Marscal Godwin "we should'nt plant future seeds that could cause us problems later" Im sayin that its a good idea from the short view, but in a far it probaly isnt because it gets away from Suikoden ideals and again would complicate the manifesto of the series in upcoming years.
"Even the dead reveal their secrets to me." Yuber

"I have not lived long enough to become a myth." Chris Lightfellow

"They betrayed us and fled. Cowards." Zegai
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

I'm with you on that, Belcoot4. Changing costumes would also make the characters look very awkward.......
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Mikain Clan King

Not that big of a change :? ...something like alot of unique and different suits from the characters TYPE of armor...geez Geddoe in Karayan clothes is way of course...they could program like 3-5 sets per person (which is alot but it'd be fun, or lets say it will... :) ) ..now that I'm thinking of it when I was in the middle of Suikoden 3 when it came out I thought it'd be cool if I'd show the armor your wearing, like you put on a bandana, your character has on a bandana...but customizable colors with their suits and maybe a symbol that you can customize which can add stat bonuses depending on which symbols and what colors would be nice.

Oh and remember in number 5 where they change clothes occasianally? (bad spelling)...well that could be an example.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Not that big of a change ...something like alot of unique and different suits from the characters TYPE of armor...geez Geddoe in Karayan clothes is way of course...they could program like 3-5 sets per person (which is alot but it'd be fun, or lets say it will... ) ..now that I'm thinking of it when I was in the middle of Suikoden 3 when it came out I thought it'd be cool if I'd show the armor your wearing, like you put on a bandana, your character has on a bandana...but customizable colors with their suits and maybe a symbol that you can customize which can add stat bonuses depending on which symbols and what colors would be nice.
I think that if they were to do that ONLY main characters should have a customizable clothes, and you would have to find the clothes in chests, dropped by monsters ext. Also they should have clothes individual to them, so that characters like Hugo wouldn't be wearing Zexan armor, or Luc wearing a huge plate.
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Yeah, I agree with Chaco.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

or you could just have them wear clothes from their country. Different styles and all that jazz but they'd always be wearing their native clothing. I dunno, it'll be a little too much. Besides, I'd get frustrated, if it were only for the main character, because I'd want to change everyone else's.

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

or you could just have them wear clothes from their country. Different styles and all that jazz but they'd always be wearing their native clothing. I dunno, it'll be a little too much. Besides, I'd get frustrated, if it were only for the main character, because I'd want to change everyone else's.
I think you misunderstood me, I didn't mean just the main character. I meant anyone who auto joins you, like Luc and Flik, or Nanami did in Suikoden 2, or like Georg and Lyon in Suikoden 5. Any of the main people, just not secondary characters like Jeane who you have to recrute, since that would be to crazy.
-Chaco
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Call me an RPG traditionalist, but I'd like to see a good story and well done character development. I want a story that will pull me in, with a great Evil villain, i can love to hate and want to kill, (not some misguided gray, doesn't have to be a polarized stereotypical villain, one can be evil and deeply complex at the same time). Also, since it is suikoden i want many of the characters to have real diverse personalities ( 2 and 5 did this well, 4 didn't) and good mix of new characters, with touch of old characters to give us a sense familiarity and connection. Through in a real true rune(not a part or half) and some tragic events, a hero with great untapped skills, and a few thousands soldiers and some mini games, amd you got your self a great game of Suikoden 6.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

Call me an RPG traditionalist, but I'd like to see a good story and well done character development. I want a story that will pull me in, with a great Evil villain, i can love to hate and want to kill, (not some misguided gray, doesn't have to be a polarized stereotypical villain, one can be evil and deeply complex at the same time). Also, since it is suikoden i want many of the characters to have real diverse personalities ( 2 and 5 did this well, 4 didn't) and good mix of new characters, with touch of old characters to give us a sense familiarity and connection. Through in a real true rune(not a part or half) and some tragic events, a hero with great untapped skills, and a few thousands soldiers and some mini games, amd you got your self a great game of Suikoden 6.
This is a perfect way to describe what Suikoden 6 should be Suiko2fan2.
-Chaco
Mikain Clan King

Thats what I thought.
-Han Cunningham

-Leon Silverburg
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

one more thing on note: since suikoden game developers seem to have the tendency of featuring a country in secondary passing in one game, to have them become a setting of the next game. Example, in suiko1 they talked about the City-State of Jowstone, which became setting for S2. In suiko2 they talked about the grassland, Isl Nat, and sort of Faleana, which is the settings of the next few games, and in five they introduced two new nations New Armes and Nagarea Theocracy.

It certainly would not surprise me, either or both of those two nations could be the setting for Suiko6, maybe a war between the 2, or individual wars if they broke it up in a SUiko6 and Suiko7, but a war between the 2 seems more likely.

Also, and this just my own personal speculation, since Nagarea is a theocracy, it brings up an interesting question if would it be a religious war of sorts, obviously we dont have much info about either nation to really be certain about anything, but Suikoden has done civil wars, manifest destiny wars on nation vs nation, coup d’état of governments or liberation wars, and good old fashion genocides type conflicts. they have yet to explore the area or a religious conflicts, and given whats sadly going on in the world these days, it makes the topic a least relivent, but not the less, it would interesting for a theme in suiko6. thats just my thoughts.....
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun