your suikoden 6..tenkai wish

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
highwind44029

Re: your suikoden 6..tenkai wish

Post by highwind44029 »

A sickle or a whip (used in an unorthodox way, of course) would definitely be my first two picks for the upcoming Tenkai's weapon.
Chaco

Post by Chaco »

A sickle or a whip (used in an unorthodox way, of course)
I would like to see a sickle, it seems like the previous weapons but then again it's not. Hard to explain what I mean but a Sickle would be awesome, plus it's more "Suikoden tenkai" feel to it.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

Kyril's weapon is really cool.. And really unique.

I hope the next 'one' receives a unique weapon as well..
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

A sickle does sound like a Tenkai weapon in a wierd way, but it hasn't really been used to my knowledge other than the scyths in the series....then again a Tenkai wielding a blade seems wierd even thought its happened, I'm always reverting back to the first two games though.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

I will like see a bare-handed Tenkai ( Gloves )
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Chaco wrote:
Then, to balance the stats, a really offensive character must always be with him like Lyon.. a bodyguard or something who almost doesnt escape your party like Lyon does.
I would not mind a wizard main character and a bodygaurd as long as I like the bodyguard. Like Viktor was in your party most of suikoden 1, and he was fine there cuz he was likeable and strong. A viktor like dude would be perfect for a wizard main character.

Also I was thinking what would you all want to see the Suikoden 6 Tenkai use as a weapon? Maybe a Bo Staff or a Scythe. Or maybe do something never done before and give him or her a ranged weapon like a Gun or a Bow.
I have posted this in another topic, so here it is:

I would like to have a magician student to be the next Tenkai, then his home will be destroyed by some empire led by an evil general/king, and then he meets him but realizes his magician training isn't enough to defeat him, so you seek the tutelage of a master swordsman or fighter who is actually an important member of the resistance against the empire. Also, I would like to have an offensive type hero and a defensive type partner, since I noticed in S2 and S5 that it's the other way around.

Riou and Frey = Defensive Heroes (though Riou can Attack, Tank, Dodge, and do magic at the same time; not sure about Frey, though)
Jowy/Nanami and Lyon = Offensive Partners (Nanami's offense focuses on Speed, of course, unlike Lyon, who has over-the-top offensive stats)

Also, I would really like to choose which side I am on during the course of the game, I mean, like in Radiata Stories, but in the end both sides have a common enemy that needs to be defeated in order to restore the balance between the True Runes or its parts. I am seeing another half-and-half True Rune similar to the Rune of Beginning in this one.

Another case would be that I'm particularly interested what happened to Pilika and Jillia at least starting from the Higheast Rebellion up to a time frame after S3, making Pilika a lot older in the latter. Unless the theory that Jillia = Queen is true, of course.

For those who don't know about the Jillia = Queen theory, it can be found in Suikox.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I think it would be awesome if they did this (if extremely ridiculous as well)...

All 108 stars...are Hikusaak clones. Including the tenkai.
"F*** you, I'm a goat." -Yohn
The Director

Post by The Director »

You know that would be quite interesting as, maybe not the tenkai, but a few stars that are all clones who escaped and lived completely different lives, and as such are completely different characters that look pretty much the same.

As for the Tenkai star, I would prefer customisable, or failing that female.

I would prefer the weapon to be customisable as well or at least a few different choices, If not then as long as its an unorthdox weapon, or wielded in an unorthodox way then i'll be happy. It helps make the character watchable if they are slightly flamboyant or unusual, but maybe that's just me.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Well you're right about that being ridiculous... The only clones we know of were created as vessels for the True Runes. If they don't have another purpose then I'd say the maximum number of clones at any one time would be 26.

I hope the next Tenkai is female. I think we're past the point of a woman just being a sidekick. Maybe I'm just angry because really didn't like Lyon. Who knows. Also, I think every Tenkai so far has had some kind of lineage, I'd like to see someone who isn't 'so and so's child'. I dunno, actually. I'm just brainstorming :/
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

I hope it's a female too!

And I hope they're harmonian. And I hope Sasarai is part of your team this time. Maybe as her mentor of some sort who later on joins you in the story (NOT AT THE LAST MINUTE LIKE A CERTAIN SUIKODEN III THAT REMAINS NAMELESS!)

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

In the same way that Luc has Sarah for an apprentice, eh?

Then they will fall in love, together, perhaps.

Then Sasarai will find true love at last, like Luc did. O_O

So that Sasarai can still find a reason to live. XD
ninjaluc79

Post by ninjaluc79 »

For a female Tenkai, how about basing her story from that of Princess Pingyang of the Chinese Tang Dynasty?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Pingyang
http://badassoftheweek.com/pingyang.html