How about 10 instead of 6/4

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
ninjaluc79

Re: How about 10 instead of 6/4

Post by ninjaluc79 »

if you mind, S3 has a 2+2+2+1 formation, and IMO it's pretty complicated... It might depend on who goes first among a unit.

6 chars with 2 supports won't take that long. Supports don't have to go to battle with them, they're only there to give the party some boosts. well, if 2 supports are too overpowered, you could just stick to 1 support.
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

And support characters aren't really in the combat either, are they? I don't care about how many Support characters you'd want to have with you, heck take a village with you, if you want to.

But if you get more than 6 in your active battle party, then the enemies need to be balanced to counterpart that, otherwise you'll have a too easy time.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I dunno, the one new thing Suikoden Tierkreis brought to the table was that you could incorporate support characters to complete certain unite attacks, which could easily be incorporated into the Formation system introduced in Suikoden V.

You could basically have your support characters on the field but farther than the attack range of M characters and with accuracy penalties for L characters. Healing runes could have an area of effect instead of having their usual "target all allies (or one)" attributes, which could make magic like Kindness Rain strategic instead of a catch-all heal.

On the enemy side of things, having larger enemy groups or them having their own support characters could make it even more interesting. One can only imagine how much more freedom the enemy AI will have if they get their own healers/buffers to help out instead of having some enemies get two or more turns (which I always thought was a lame cop-out for making some enemies harder).

There are plenty of ways to balance a ten character party without actually making enemies stronger. If Konami were to try and take advantage of any console, they could achieve such large parties with relative ease.
Formerly known as: Gothann
True Griever

Post by True Griever »

10 is better than 6/4, you never get 10 opponents while playing 6/4, but you do have 10 allies.
Don't get me wrong, support is handy, but it has made the game even easier overall.
How about 7, and multiple teams in a lot of area's like at the end of suiko 5.