Neclord the Eternal!!!

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
LynxWare

Neclord the Eternal!!!

Post by LynxWare »

I think in the next suikoden they should put the focus on neclord (my favorite boss of the series) Maby make the main character neclord before he had the night rune.Im not really up to date on neclords history(havent played Suikoden 1 or 2 in years)But if it didnt fill in all the story of his life in the first 2 games start from that.Just a thought....
LynxWare

Re: Neclord the Eternal!!!

Post by LynxWare »

For the people that didnt know here is his storyline:

Neclord is a rune-using Vampire who has spread much fear amongst the lands. He was originally a member of the Village of the Blue Moon. He was young when he wandered into the village and was initiated into the order by Sierra. He was well liked due to his friendly nature and great talent and was Sierra's favorite.

However, he had a secret lust for power and during a festival, he stole the Moon Rune from the altar at the middle of the village. Due to this, all of the vampires at the village died, except a few who decided to sustain themselves by preying on humans. Neclord joined hands with Windy and Yuber to gain greater power and was one of the members who raided the Village of the Hidden Rune to steal the Rune of Life and Death (Soul Eater).

Since then, he remained as an ally of Windy for centuries, and caused much pain and suffering and married many women whom he made into vampires. One example of what he has done is the destruction of Northwindow. He happened to be bored one day, and decided to just destroy a village, so he destroyed Northwindow and sucked much blood.

Later on, under Windy's influence, he was hired as a General for the [Scarlet Moon] Empire and was assigned to govern [Lorimar[. He then built a castle in Lorimar and destroyed the garrison at Lorimar to make the soldiers undead. He then decided to have fun with his bloodsucking needs and started a tradition of a yearly "bride" for him to marry, followed by her death and blood-drinking.

Subsequently, he requested the Warrior's Village send a young girl to him every year. One year, Tengaar, who was the daughter of Zorak, the village chief, was chosen as his bride. Tengaar was abducted by Neclord, but with the help of Viktor (One of the few survivors of Northwindow) and the Zodiac Sword, Neclord was defeated (although it was only his duplicate that was defeated) and Tengaar was saved.

After the Gate Rune Wars, he appeared at Northwindow once again and started abducting young women. However, Viktor, with the help of the Zodiac Sword and the vampire Hunter Kahn Marley, was able to make him retreat again. Later on, Neclord appeared once again in Tinto and abducted the daughter of Gustav, Lilly, as well as Lo Wen, one of the heads of the Lampdragon Bandits. However, he was defeated and destroyed for good this time by the combined efforts of Viktor, the Zodiac Sword, Kahn Marley and Sierra Mikain. - Blue Moon

So i guess a story could be made before or shortly after he met Sierra.
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

Two things: Don't double post and this belongs in the Future Suikoden Speculation.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

LynxWare wrote:I think in the next suikoden they should put the focus on neclord (my favorite boss of the series) Maby make the main character neclord before he had the night rune.Im not really up to date on neclords history(havent played Suikoden 1 or 2 in years)But if it didnt fill in all the story of his life in the first 2 games start from that.Just a thought....
I haven't thought about it, but the only thing to me that made the Neclord battle fun was his theme song...=/

But, I doubt that idea about him being in a game probably won't happen...but who knows, I am not Konami.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Lazlo 3n lculcl3s

Post by Lazlo 3n lculcl3s »

Despite his innocent past and background, nobody would want him to be the main character of future games. He's recognised as one of the greatest villains in Suikoden series. He killed people, abducted women, etc. His image is ruined. His death in Suikoden II marked the end of his story.

I think Konami won't use recurring character as the main hero. Look at S1-S5, all the heroes are special/unique. Not like some other characters, thses heroes have never appeared in other games before.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I think it would be pretty cool to have Neclord as an ally at the beginning. I put forth an idea once where you're a hero from the Blue Moon Village and Neclord is on your team at the start, before he turns evil and runs off to join Windy. It would be a good story and a good "WTF" moment when you start the game and Neclord is all cool and nice. Not sure exactly how this would work, as he runs off with the Blue Moon Rune causing all villagers to lust for blood again, but Konami is creative, jut look at STK (Thats my abbreviation for Suikoden Tierkries, FYI)
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Not really a fan of this idea. He was a huge mini boss in two of the games so far and now he's dead. It's silly in my opinion to have a boss that you know you won't kill and who dies at a later date.
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus