Thoughts on Recent Suikodens and Future Speculation

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Red rune

Re: Thoughts on Recent Suikodens and Future Speculation

Post by Red rune »

neoshadow wrote:as long as they bring back my viktor and flik il be happy :)

would be nice to have like 300+ characters but that you need to choses which one you take as the 108+stars

they should redo the whole first trilogy in masterful 2d on ps3 :)

I sure miss those 2d graphics :cry:
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

would be nice to have like 300+ characters but that you need to choses which one you take as the 108+stars

No.

No Viktor. No Flik. No McDohl. No old characters. IT'S BEEN DONE ALREADY.

And what, exactly, would be the point of redoing the game in 2D? Especially Suikoden III?

So you'd prefer that Konami just releases the same games over and over againm, like Squeenix?

I swear, the ideas some people have.....just rubbish.
Red rune wrote: Im just saying what someone else said in a post, youre right,i personally wouldnt like having the old characters coming back either(except Hugo and Kyril). And besides it's not like you're a genious at spelling. Its a small mistake....
So you're going to lecture me on spelling by spelling genius incorrectly?

Nice job.
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

nephlabobo wrote:

No.

No Viktor. No Flik. No McDohl. No old characters. IT'S BEEN DONE ALREADY.

And what, exactly, would be the point of redoing the game in 2D? Especially Suikoden III?

So you'd prefer that Konami just releases the same games over and over againm, like Squeenix?

I swear, the ideas some people have.....just rubbish.
Red rune wrote: Im just saying what someone else said in a post, youre right,i personally wouldnt like having the old characters coming back either(except Hugo and Kyril). And besides it's not like you're a genious at spelling. Its a small mistake....
So you're going to lecture me on spelling by spelling genius incorrectly?

Nice job.
Screw u! Man your annoying and i dont care if i spell all this incorectly or not but my point is that i wish that you had an option in the upcoming games where you could choose between 2d and 3d graphics, besides the area-based system suikoden main characters are the ones i want to find out about more, like Kyril and Hugo.

.Who is Hugo's dad?
.Is Kyril still alive?

those sorts of questions...
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Red rune wrote: Screw you! Man, you're annoying and I dont care if I spell all this incorrectly or not. My point is thatIwish that you had an option in the upcoming games where you could choose between 2d and 3d graphics. Besides, the area-based system Suikoden main characters are the ones I want to find out about more, like Kyril and Hugo.

.Who is Hugo's dad?
.Is Kyril still alive?

Those sorts of questions...
Sorry, but I don't celebrate illiteracy. I fixed (and also both bolded and underlined) your post, so that it was actually readable.

Questions about Hugo and Kyril are fine. I'd like to see Hugo as an adult too.

Remaking the first two games in 2D is pointless. They're already in 2D.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I would love to see the next game take place after the Third game. I'm sick of prequels. It would be cool it the next hero got something like the the missing Sovereign Rune. It would be awesome if the level four spell could transform the hero into the golden hydra.
Last edited by freshmetal on Mon Feb 04, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PSN: FreshMetal80
Duke Gallison

Post by Duke Gallison »

And the other half of the Gate Rune (which Windy held) hasn't been accounted for since the first game, either...another Suikoden Tactics set during, say, the Higheast Rebellion, would be interesting as well.
DarkWizard

Post by DarkWizard »

Not sure if this should go here, but does anyone think that Suikoden VI will be the series ender? As in the end of the main Suikoden series and timeline? Maybe it's just a baseless hunch, but seeing how they're taking forever to crank out ANYTHING about Suikoden VI (info, hints, anything), it's almost like if they're working away on a secret, mega, series ending game...

Anywho, with the introduction of Zerase and subtle clues given about Jeane, I'm hoping they, especially the ever so mysterious Jeane will begin to play bigger, but still subtle roles in future games. And with Windy, I'd like to see her come back as a major villain, and more direct in the storyline. And I am really hoping that Lucretia or her lineage may develop into a rival for the Silverbergs. I personally think it would be interesting and worthwhile to give the Silverbergs a worthy opponent that isn't another Silverberg, or someone related to a Silverberg.

And to people wanting old stars to return, I say leave them as cameos, nothing more. Something like a treat to Suikoden veterans. Except for previous Tenkai Stars, they may return in a big, sidequest kind of way (ala McDohl in Suiko II), but doesn't get involved in the main storyline. One of the biggest appeal of Suikoden to me is its continuity and links between games, whether it's cameos of of past characters, or decendants of previous stars.
Braxiatel
Banned User

Post by Braxiatel »

DarkWizard wrote:Not sure if this should go here, but does anyone think that Suikoden VI will be the series ender?
I don't think it will be made as the series ender. I thought the series ender was supposed to be with Pesmerga and Yuber.

And, really, it depends on how it sells.

I'm just glad the rumour about it being on the Wii isn't true.

I'd rather see another PS2 Suikoden game than have it on the Wii.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I concur with everything you just said.

Unless they manage to pack 9 new true runes and tell us what happened to the wind, sovereign, and last half of the Gate Runes, tell us what happens with pesmerga and yuber, solve the mystery of the sindar, explore the howling voice guild, destroy harmonia, and explain the civilization older than the sindar, tell us the truth of Jeane AND show us Viki's homeland, WITHOUT creating even more questions, I severely doubt 6 will be the last suikoden.

I see in all probability, unless the series stops making money, there has to be ATLEAST 9 more Suikodens, especially given that the last 2 only revealed 1 new Rune apiece, i find it likely they'll continue that motif.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

I dont know what happens if you write something like this but here goes, nephlabobo your an ass hole just becasue he made a few spelling mistakes it doesn't mean you have to take the piss out of him, i bet your one of those looser guys with no friend who bad mouth others on the internet jus because the know they can't kick your ass but then never says anthing to anyone in real life.. focking dick head...

Anyway lets talk suikoden i would love to see something to do with the village of werebeasts, and i no its been destroyed but you could do a game involving its destruction because not only would it contain windy and maybe ted, it would also have some cool characters in it e.g. bob an he was ace! so there has to be others like him. :D
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
Zanallen

Post by Zanallen »

Personally, I'd like to find out more about the Warrior's Village. It just seems really cool and I'd like to see a bit more about it with perhaps a new male/female duo showing up.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

Yea i liked the warrior village it was cool, it would be good to see it again, im kinda hoping the next game will be the succesion war because then we could see all those old characters again but in good graphic and explore toran an stuff.

:D
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I could see the Warriors village, that would be a ton of fun! Maybe starting with an intro video of Klift the Krusader founding the village, and you start off as one of the kids! And it could have Flik's great nth grandfather which would be interesting as so far they havent shown us any ancestors of our known heroes. It would also include the help the village gave toward the Kobolds south of two river!

So much fun! Oh now my hopes are up :(
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

I think there are way too many questions for Suikoden VI to be the final decider.
We need to know more about certain characters & other lands we have not seen yet.
I dont think we will really know who hugo's pops really is.
Unless you ant Suikoden VI to be based on the Higheast Rebellion with the former Highland areas being occupied by Dunan.
Or when Toran recovers the Northern Toran area.
If i remember right, Lucia was pregnant during the Dunan war & had him a little later after.
Most likely the timeline will be during the 460's.

If we are going to have the a decider from a game.
I think we should first have a game about how it really all started.
Thats with when Harmonia was first established & Hikusaak to control.
Yes i do think Hikusaak is still alive & he is the head honcho of this whole thing.
Yuber is usually under contract as long as there is construction.
I dont think most of the Harmonians even seen Hikusaak.
I dont even think Sasarai even knows about Hikusaak much except what he has done in the past.
HIkusaak posseses many True Runes in the past & past many along certain characters in the game.
Including enbedding some to Luc & Sasarai.
I think if we have a game about this, we will have many questions about whats going on.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

Anyone agree that nephlabobo has issues? Going around online acting like a hot shot. First of all, no one cares about their spelling on forums. Secondly, I bet you I can search all your post and find lots of errors you had made. Third, let people have their own ideas. If their ideas are so rubbish, why don't you give us an example of an idea that is not rubbish. If you can't, then you should shut your pie hole and let people be.

But anyways, there is a chance that you'll see Tir McDohl (a little kid probably) again in GS6, if they do make the storyline go inbetween GS5 and GS1. But I doubt that there would be a chance that Viktor and Flik might be back, but we don't know. It can happen.
Nick Bruiser