Thoughts on Recent Suikodens and Future Speculation

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Aculias

Re: Thoughts on Recent Suikodens and Future Speculation

Post by Aculias »

Anyone who has a true rune during the length of certain timelines have the chance of being back.
Tir still has the Soul Eater.If there are any future episodes in the Toran Republic, he may be back. Maybe not with Gremio if it's after Suikoden 3 era.
We still dont know what happened with Windy & Barbarosa. Pronounced dead but never really seen. Millich could be guarding some empty graves. Sounds like some Govt thing.
Basically anyone with a true rune & still alive can show up at any time.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

i would like to see the retern of old characters, but only if it fits in with the story like it would have been good to see or get Morgan in suikoden 5 instead of just hearing about him, i would also like to see the retern of Geddoe because not much is really known about the shifty fella an he was a good character. the other character i would like to see again is Ted and i no he was in number 4 but i really like his story and think that he could fit into alot thats set before number 1 such as the destruction of the village of werebeasts! :mrgreen:
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

As far as old characters returning, I'd settle for a cameo or flashback at the most. Mostly, I just want to see what Flik & Viktor look like in 3D. Luca would be neat, but that would definately have to be a flashback, since he is very, very dead.

Then again, it'd be nice to see some old characters before thier first appearance, like Georg and Ted in Suiko V and IV. Particularly a character who later becomes evil (or at least is on the other side). Imagine fighting alongside a young Han Cunningham, or even Genkaku. Or charging into battle with a bloodthirsty teenaged Luca.

Mostly, the real return I want to see is one of our old comrades fall from grace, perhaps even far enough to become the main antagonist. That was a great twist with Luc, but I doubt they'd do it again. I always thought it'd be interesting if the Star Dragon Sword wound up on the other side of the conflict for once. Maybe he snaps and decides killing humans is just as good as killing vampires. Maybe some powerful and evil weilder sublimates his power somehow, perhaps another true rune.

Whatever happens, I really want to get a good look at Harmonia. Then again, I'd be happy if we just avoided the Island Nations all together. Suiko IV wasn't that bad, but still, the setting bored me to tears. And I usually like nautical stuff. Go fig.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I think that if the next Suikoden takes place after 3, we will definitely see some returning characters.

I see a return of Melville, Elliot, and Alanis atleast as teenagers if not adults. With Aila's importance to the story of S3, i see her return as well. As recent information tells us she is still with Geddoe and co. I see them returning. If Ged returns, then theres a good chance of Hugo and Chris's return as well. Especially since none of them were the Tenkai star, they can all return as stars of destiny!

If they come along, Sasarai will probably return as either hero or villain. there is always the good chance of Jowy and Riou or Tir coming back.

I wouldnt mind seeing Georg again either, but he may be to old.

If the game takes place in the past of course most these characters cannot return, however, if set into a distant past, i see a good chance of Ted returning, as well as Lazlo. Leknaat is always a must, but maybe a return of Windy, and of course if she comes, we have a good chance of catching some of the background between her and Yuber and Neclord. If Yuber comes back, there is ALWAYS the hope of the return of Pesmerga, though Yuber's appearance, as evidenced by s3, does not necessarily precipitate Pesmerga's.

I see a good chance of a return to the Silverberg Legacy. I'd really like to see a game around the succession war of the Scarlet moon empire, which would have the return of some former stars (Milich, Georg, Sonya, Kwanda) as well as allow the use of some characters I always thought would be fun. I would LOVE to be able to use Teo as a playable character!

Personally I look forward to the return of older characters, as the development of characters, important or not, is a key factor to what makes Suikoden such a great series!

edit: I accidentally said i wanted to see ted as a playable character, I meant to say Teo..T
Last edited by JanusThePaladin on Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aculias

Post by Aculias »

I was kind of thinking about it yesterday but I know some of yall want some characters back.
I was thinking about wherever Yuber goes there is Pesmerga.
In Suikoden 3 when Yuber was there, Pesmerga was not.
I wonder between the 15 yrs from Suikoden 2 & 3 if something happened to Pesmerga.
I know some say Yuber changed his uniform to throw him off in Suikoden 3 but I dont think he would get fooled that by uniform alone.
He is always close & he can feel Yuber so to speak.Possibly he can feel when Yuber is summoned by one of the tactician.

Basically Pesmerga should always know where Yuber is at.
I am just wondering if Pesmerga met a fate between Suikoden 2 & 3.
Maybe there might be a different story line between those times from a different country.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I dont know about that. In the games where we see Pesmerga, he appears in an area of the country that Yuber has not been to, but has a connection to Neclord. I think that Pesmerga used Neclords much more boisterous actions as a centering point and went from there. No Neclord provides a problem for Pesmerga, as he has not place to start his search from.

There is always the possibility that Pesmerga was somewhere around the actions of S3, but not directly involved. I think the main reason that Pesmerga did not appear in S3 is because of how involved Yuber was with the story. If they had them both it would have been a requirement that Konami dig deeper into their story, and from what I understand, they were not yet ready to do that....
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Well, I think after SV, most fans where sick of prequels and wanted to see the story progress. However, the story can still find ways to progress even if it is set before SI - SIII. Konami tried to delibelatry take the series in a new direction after SIII, thus gathering a new fan base, while trying to figure out what to do with Murayamas storyline. It seemed, after SV, that the next Suikoden would be the one that brings the story forward and gave us more answers.

However, it wasn't. It was Teirkries. Which was set in a whole new world with whole new characters. That IS scary as it raises the question of how future Suikodens are going to progress. But it WAS just a spin off game, so I wouldn't read too much into it. Chances are Konami where still stuck trying to bring Murayamas storyline forward so released Teirkries in order to wet the appetite of Suikoden fans while trying to generate a new fan base at the same time.

Problem is, as with pretty much all Suikodens since SIII, they are at risk of loosing thier old fans. The next game really does have to be the one we have all been waiting for.