My Ideal Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: My Ideal Suikoden 6

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well, they're all young and silent so I don't see how you could make a judgement on sexuality. However, they are supposed to be "you". That's the point of a silent protagonist, so if you want to see them like that. . .

Regardless, we're getting off topic. I'd say my ideal Suikoden 6 would have a gay protagonist though, so it is somewhat appropriate.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Kind of odd for you to say that. In one sentence you say that it's "you", the silent protagonist, therefore we interpret if he/she is gay/straight or whatever. Then you say you want a gay protagonist in the next one. But you are gay, so therefore wouldn't every single hero be gay since they're "you"?
"You got whacked because you're weak." - Magus
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

That's how silent protagonists are supposed to work. However, I would want a non-silent protagonist for my ideal Suikoden, not a blank slate protagonist. God forbid a game make some choices of characterization for its main character.
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

Well they did, in the best installment of the series.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

God forbid another wanna be Suikoden 2!
I think we dont need anymore games that try to copy Suikoden 2, Suikoden 4 was one of then. I think Suikoden needs to move on and try some different stuff. It is like the circle rune: order and Stagnation. Suikoden needs to change a bit if it wants to keep going for more years.

I think Suikoden 3, which changed some game mechanics, was a right step on the course of evolving the gameplay and trying to make the game more fun. Nothing good cames from being stuck in the past. If you dont agree just look at Final Fantasy 7 all its posteriors wanna be FF7 that came after it.

So I think any potencial improvement are welcome, like non silent hero, trinity system, non linear gameplay, etc...
Icegryphon
Banned User

Post by Icegryphon »

When you say god forbid another Suikoden 2, were you saying that in response to what I said? If so, you're mistaken, as I was talking about Suikoden 3, not 2.
Weevle

Post by Weevle »

Having played the series completely out of order (IV, III, V, I, II), I can say that I'm not disappointed in any decisions that Konami has made in the past. My favorite game in the series so far has been III. But, after I played I and II, I was disappointed that Pesmerga was completely unmentioned in III. Not to mention the fact that Yuber completely vanished at the end of III. So, I agree with just about everyone in thinking that Suikoden VI should tie up all of the very loose ends involved with Pesmerga and his hunt for Yuber. I would also like to learn more about Edge and the Star Dragon Sword. Here's a little list of the things I think VI should include (just a few things that everyone has pointed out as well as things I haven't seen brought up):

-It should take place shortly after III
-The setting would probably be in Harmonia, since we haven't really been there, but we've heard a lot about it.
-Some light needs to be shed on the Yuber/Pesmerga story.
-Edge's connection to Viktor and the Star Dragon Sword could use a little more explanation.
-Viki and Jeane need to be left alone. I like not knowing where in the world (universe?) they came from.
-A new Crowley-rivaling mage should be introduced. Maybe it could be someone from III? Or someone completely new. (Maybe Rody can finally be useful for something.)
-Perhaps the Mantor Trainers can make a return.
-I wouldn't mind seeing some of the characters return from I and II translated into the third dimension.
-It would be nice to see Sharon again, but this time with a dragon of her own.
-Thomas, Cecile and maybe Juan could make a return.
-Maybe Augustine could meet Milich, Vincent and Simone for a fancy tea party. Or maybe we could meet another descendant of Schtolteheim Reinbach.
-I wouldn't be surprised if Albert was the antagonist's main strategist, working for Harmonia, but journeying in Nagarea. If I'm thinking correctly, Nagarea would be in the direction that he set off after III.
-Mua was my favorite character in III, so, wishfully thinking, I'd like to see him, once again, take up his arms with the Free Knights of Kamaro.
-And I would also love to see the return of Melville, Alanis, and Elliot. And Hix and Tengaar. I think there was a lot of potential left in these characters.

Anyway, that's just my opinion.
grumble_cakes

Post by grumble_cakes »

I just want the setting to be in Harmonia. Harmonia is a decadent country with a racist caste system (blond, blue eyed pure blood Harmonians are first class, non humans are third class...), plus they have the interesting Howling Voice Guild. If that's not a great setting for an RPG I don't know what is.
Last edited by grumble_cakes on Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SIIfan

Post by SIIfan »

I'd like it to focus mostly on Pesmerga and Yuber. Thats serisously been bothering since SII. Set in either Harmonia or that other country from IV. I forget what its called. Gaia or something like that. Both countries interest me.
SilverBeast

Post by SilverBeast »

My ideal Suikoden VI would be a combination of all the aspects that I liked about the previous Suikodens, gameplay wise.

I've played and completed, in this order: I, II, V, III.

I didn't bother with IV past the first few hours of the game since it was pretty boring. No intriguing plotline that captured me from the start like Suikodens I, II, and III. Four member party concept blew; whoever came up with this bad idea? Rune animations were bad; the best animations were in II but III is a close second. Hero design was bland, unlike the interesting and good looking heroes we got in III (Geddoe’s my favourite).

And after playing III, I really feel that this installment is the most innovative of the lot. I really liked the Trinity Sight System, and the fact that the heroes all had their own distinct personality and history. The battle system was a step in the right direction. I really felt that V, while it was an ok game, was too safe like they didn’t dare to play around with ideas a little more. What really bugged me in particular was the whole faithful companion we had going on ala Gremio, Nanami and now Lyon. It’s like, we’ve been there, done that. Now it’s time for something new. God forbid they come up with another ‘silent hero and his loyal companion overcoming the odds’ type of story again, cos it’s just really getting old. III dared to break out of this mould, and that’s what I really love about it.

So for MY ideal Suikoden VI would be something like this:

Storyline
- Set in Harmonia. I’m just not that interested in areas outside of the Toran, Dunan, Grassland, Harmonia area, really. Lol. I also think it’s about time we got to know a little more about Hikusaak and the Circle Rune, so maybe the new story could use the Trinity Sight system with Hikusaak as one of the POV. Since Harmonia is trying to assemble all of the True Runes, I guess the other POV could be those of the other True Rune holders caught up in this scheme.

- Plenty of twists and drama, Suikoden fans love it (I know I do).

- Give us more background on the Sindar. It could be explored as a sidequest of sorts, with Lorelai or Killey or some Sindar hunter role successor.

- Cameos by previous characters, SODs, stuff that allude to the previous Suikodens.

Gameplay
- Bring back the magic system of Suikoden III. Chant time, Rune affinities, Focus, Precision. It was a great concept. I never really felt like the concept of Rune affinities was expanded on in V; they just allowed you to do more damage with spells. It’s so one dimensional.

- Use the skill system of Suikoden V. It was great that you had to limit yourself to the number of attributes you can boost by equipping only a set number of skills. It forces people to strategize more. And the SP sharing concept is great.

- Incorporate the battle system of III into the battle system of V to build on both of its strengths. I just feel that III’s battle system had so much potential and that V’s was plain old school (running up and hitting the enemy then getting back in lane, old school RPG). What they could do is make the characters run up to the enemy to strike, like in III, but depending on the way the party ends up standing at the end of the round, form a formation that provides benefits for the party. Sounds like a tactical RPG but yeah, it could work.

- Suikoden V’s duel system was great, so they don’t need to change it. So is the major battle system. I liked that everything happens in real time so it adds difficulty to it. But to be honest, the major battles I enjoyed playing most were in Suikoden II. Those were just plain fun.

- Less load times please. And I preferred III’s way of viewing the world when you walked about instead of the old bird’s eye view system, albeit with a controllable camera, like in FF XII.

- Bring back popular minigames/distractions like SII cooking game and SIII theatre!

Design
- Interesting main characters like in III. Maybe 2 outfits for each character like Sialeeds, Frey, Chris Lightfellow, etc to mix things up a bit.

- I don’t like the color of the Castle in Suikoden V ( too colourful)!

- Budehuc Castle in III had an interesting concept. It was a trade hub of sorts, and had a purpose other than being an old derelict castle just waiting for a silent hero to come stumbling upon it and make it into a headquarters for his rebel army.

- Music - wise, include at least one melodramatic track (Reminiscence – SuikodenII, Light moaning in the darkness – Suikoden V). Bring back trademark tracks from Suikoden I and II like Leknaat’s theme.
Onix

Post by Onix »

Suikoden 6

Hero - How bout a female protagonist? :D Someone like Alicia from Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria. Timid, low self-esteem then towards the end becomes stronger. XD

Gameplay Difficulty - IMHO, Suikoden series gameplay is not very hard and not too easy. Easy, when farmed with good items. :D I think that they should make the difficulty Final Fantasy series like. Excellent story line/plot+challenging=kewl. XD

Battle System - I liked Suikoden III BS, so why not apply it on S6? :)

Timeline - a year after SII or years after SIII.

Recurring characters - Freyjadour~~, an uber hot prince of Falena XD. LOL, sounds impossible. Lymsleia, the Queen of Falena, more mature+frightening :)). She probably ruled Falena with Machiavelliasm. That would be all, more character would be fine.

Music - Make it sound like it supposed to sound. :D

That's all. Hope Suikoden 6 will come out already~
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Onix wrote:Suikoden 6

Hero - How bout a female protagonist? :D Someone like Alicia from Valkyrie Profile: Silmeria.
I was with you up to the letter "e" in Valkyrie. I was thinking you were going to say Alicia from Valkyria Chronicles. She's very cool.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

VC's Alicia was cool alright, up to the spoiler. For me, the character began showing signs of Mary Sue from that point onwards, but I suppose that's unavoidable.
Gen. Dirge

Post by Gen. Dirge »

Funny how there are both Alicias in Valkyria Chronicles and Valkyrie Profile. What is up with the writers?

Anyways, carry-on with the conversation.
"I wish that days like this could just go on forever....." -Snowe Vingerhut

http://www.kian-sama.deviantart.com | http://saintdouchebag.tumblr.com/
Hey babycakes ;D
Mykumyku

Post by Mykumyku »

My ideal SVI would contain the following statements.

The hero: I want a heroinne for a change. customizable clothes would be nice aswell.

The plot: An exciting and intriguing story like in SV and SII ( haven´t played SI or SIII :cry: )

Time: Aslong as the time goes well with the story and the otehr games I would be pleased, though I would like to see some events from the 300 century of solis.

Location: A large map, perhaps the western continent.( Harmonia is forthe last game IMO)

minigames:................................BRING BACK COOK-OFF!!! most epic minigames of the Suikoden series.