Suikoden VI hero weapon

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
JanusThePaladin

Re: Suikoden VI hero weapon

Post by JanusThePaladin »

^^^Thats been said like 7 times dude! Can you add to it? Or would it just be cool?

A farmer's son seeing the err of his country picks up his Scythe to lead a rebellion and free the land from tyranny! Very feudal asian! I think it would be awesome! And give the main character a scythe.

BUt i still think bringing Neclord back with a scythe as a weapon would be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY cooler!
Vermillion.Twilight

Post by Vermillion.Twilight »

JanusThePaladin wrote:^^^Thats been said like 7 times dude! Can you add to it? Or would it just be cool?

A farmer's son seeing the err of his country picks up his Scythe to lead a rebellion and free the land from tyranny! Very feudal asian! I think it would be awesome! And give the main character a scythe.

BUt i still think bringing Neclord back with a scythe as a weapon would be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY cooler!
Im sick of Neclord
The writers of suikoden 6 would have to be on strike to bring him back a third time...
They would have to make some lame excuse about how he didint die a second time.

Doppleganger again? Yeah right.

Neclord couldint beat Mukumuku in a fight now anyways, he was a runic vampire and now he has no rune.
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream"
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Eh. They ruined Neclord's plot once before, I wouldn't put it past the production team to resort to that if they are so desperate to repeat Suikoden II's hype. They already did that with their Luca-like Childerich and the "Fate ATK" returning characters in Suikoden V, for starters.

On a more positive, I also wouldn't put it past them to make Neclord a returning character prior to his double demise (prequel to 1&2, then). Maybe they could work some way to have him work his way into the good guy's team? It won't fit his presently established character though.
JanusThePaladin

If they pull an S4 and go way back, they could do something involving the fall of the Blue Moon village, where you use Neclord for a short period of time before he becomes a major villain, ala Jowy. Or if they want to not piss off a large peice of their fanbase, they could make that just a subpart of the story, where you dont ever fight neclord after he leaves, but gives you more information on his past.

I liked neclord, and i dont see how they destroyed his story or anything like that? Care to explain? I mean having him come back? How is that a surprise, hes a vampire! Vampires come back from the dead, its kinda their definition. You'd have to give me more than that to ruin his pure chocolatey evilness!
RangerDeon

Post by RangerDeon »

patapi wrote:Eh. They ruined Neclord's plot once before, I wouldn't put it past the production team to resort to that if they are so desperate to repeat Suikoden II's hype. They already did that with their Luca-like Childerich and the "Fate ATK" returning characters in Suikoden V, for starters.

On a more positive, I also wouldn't put it past them to make Neclord a returning character prior to his double demise (prequel to 1&2, then). Maybe they could work some way to have him work his way into the good guy's team? It won't fit his presently established character though.
God, I hated Childerich . . and I usually love the bad guys. He was more annoying than evil.

But I wouldn't mind them putting Neclord up there if the game's setting was set before Suikoden 1 or 2 (like right before) and they show him actually destroying North Window. . But I doubt they'd take that route. And I'm kinda glad

"I wasn't getting rid of you. I want you to do whatever you want to do with me. I know that sounded dirty, and dirty things count, but I didn't mean the dirty things. You and me can hang whenever, wherever."
-Lorelai Gilmore
Vermillion.Twilight

JanusThePaladin wrote:If they pull an S4 and go way back, they could do something involving the fall of the Blue Moon village, where you use Neclord for a short period of time before he becomes a major villain, ala Jowy. Or if they want to not piss off a large peice of their fanbase, they could make that just a subpart of the story, where you dont ever fight neclord after he leaves, but gives you more information on his past.

I liked neclord, and i dont see how they destroyed his story or anything like that? Care to explain? I mean having him come back? How is that a surprise, hes a vampire! Vampires come back from the dead, its kinda their definition. You'd have to give me more than that to ruin his pure chocolatey evilness!
Well you kill him in S1
They make some vague lame excuse
Bring him back to S2...
This time you basically beat him up, use the star dragon sword, use Kahns magic, Sierra takes her true rune back.
So he's dead...
100% of his power came from the Moon rune.

Vampires in the suikoden world dont come back from the dead...
Neclord only managed it due to being a true rune bearer
Any other vampires killed (See SuikoGaiden)
Die and thats, that.
JanusThePaladin

First of all, Neclord didnt come back from the dead, he didnt die, his body was destroyed. Anyone who knows ANYTHING about vampires will tell you that unless a vampires body is destroyed in the proper way, they will always return. In s2 his body was killed the proper way.

The vampires killed in Suikogaiden, to my knowledge having not played the games, were killed either using holy relics, which is standard practice among vampire killer,pr through the assitanse of the mother of all vampires Seirra. Neclord was also killed via her assitance, as i take it to understand is a necessity among all runic vampires, which neclord was.

The creation of a nonrunic vampire requires death, or atleast the early appearance of it.

Read your vampire mythos, or atleast Dracula before telling me I'm wrong about vampires.
Crowetron

Post by Crowetron »

I, personally, would love to see Neclord come back, mostly because I never get tired of killing that guy!

But, seriously, as much as I love the bo staffs and tonfa, I still think some sort of blade would be important, particularly since you know the hero is going to have to kill someone in a duel. It always struck me as a bit morbid that Tir pummeled his own father to death with a stick, then mourned him woefully.

I'm gonna have to vote spear/halberd/naginata. Or a whip! If anyone can make a whip an awesome weapon, it's Konami.
"Death is for NPCs." ~ Red Mage

"Sometimes, justice is just a pretty word. Other times, justice is three feet of steel hittin' you in the face!" ~ Boz Wilde, philosopher

Georg = Batman?
Vermillion.Twilight

JanusThePaladin wrote:First of all, Neclord didnt come back from the dead, he didnt die, his body was destroyed. Anyone who knows ANYTHING about vampires will tell you that unless a vampires body is destroyed in the proper way, they will always return. In s2 his body was killed the proper way.

The vampires killed in Suikogaiden, to my knowledge having not played the games, were killed either using holy relics, which is standard practice among vampire killer,pr through the assitanse of the mother of all vampires Seirra. Neclord was also killed via her assitance, as i take it to understand is a necessity among all runic vampires, which neclord was.

The creation of a nonrunic vampire requires death, or atleast the early appearance of it.

Read your vampire mythos, or atleast Dracula before telling me I'm wrong about vampires.

What does vampire mythos have to do with Suikoden vampires?
They have nothing in common. I knew that the first time I saw Neclord and Sierra in broud daylight.

Instead of telling me to read mythos, why dont you go "Play the games" before acting like a expert.

Actually
In S1 you dont kill his body at all just a fake neclord.
Go "Read" a dictionary...Doppleganger means 1. Somebody similar to another person: somebody who looks very like another person
2. Ghost identical to living person: an apparition in the form of a double of a living person

In S2 Kahn locks him in a barrier so he cant clone himself or w/e...Sierra takes his rune and Viktor cuts him down.

You also get to laugh at Neclord some since he was a Runic vampire
and without the moon rune, he is reduced to begging and pleading (Very human)
No power at all.
JanusThePaladin

Again, read Dracula. It is stated quite clearly that vampires may walk around in daylight. Different mythos deal with it different ways, but it has only been in recent times that the idea of sunlight being a killer of vampires has been accepted as the absolute.

As i remember it in S2, neclord says something along the lines of "You cost me alot of pain" when talking to Viktor about the happenings in S1. I always took it to mean Neclord used the doppleganger technique to form a new body after the destruction of his old one. But hey, i could be wrong.

regardless, though i know you'll want to get your 2 cents in, we shouldnt steal this topic away from its intended subject matter of what the next hero's weapon should be.

I think a trident/pitch fork would be really cool, and definitely unique. But i would be it will be some more obscure japanese weapon (i had never heard of Tonfa until i played S2).
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

Well...I'm not quite into that discussion about neclord so i'll just answer what the topic asks to x)

The hero MUST have a exotic, almost unique weapon, since it's cool to have something to separate us from the others, our minions especially x) A girlie Hero using two Throwning Tessen as a weapon would be very nice and very beatiful to see (btw, Tessen is a Fan with blades that come back if thrown away, just like a boomerang) My other sugestion is a Double Bladed Sword, just like Serge's one in Chrono Cross
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

Mushra wrote:My other sugestion is a Double Bladed Sword, just like Serge's one in Chrono Cross
Already been done. Please see Kyril, a la Suikoden Tactics.
Mushra

Post by Mushra »

Never played STatics :S So just ignore this comment XD
And now, a little tribute to Kyle x)

" . . . You're kidding me. You DIDN'T look?! WHY THE HELL NOT?! That
was a once in a lifetime opportunity! I can't believe you passed that up!
Damn! I gotta say, you just let down every man in Falena. . ."
wongfeihong0

Post by wongfeihong0 »

For Suikoden VI, the weapon I wanna see is Twin Tambos since tambos are used for their speed and accuracy and not for power. This would make a for a good M-range character.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

wongfeihong0 wrote:For Suikoden VI, the weapon I wanna see is Twin Tambos since tambos are used for their speed and accuracy and not for power. This would make a for a good M-range character.
What's a tambo?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!