Tactics 2

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Chaco

Re: Tactics 2

Post by Chaco »

I have Path of Radiance for the Gamecube, they have a different one for the WII, never played it but it looks pretty cool from the cover...also got Twin stones or something for the GBA...to bad they don't have a Suikoden Tactic like game for the DS or something portable.
Yeah, the only problem with that is that I don't own DS or PSP, and I don't plan to. If they did come up with a portable version I'd have to download an emulator, I might do that anyway though cuz I want to play the Fire Emblem games for the portable systems.
These wings arn't just for show you know!
-Chaco
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Maybe it's me, but I don't see the period between Suikoden 2 and 3 being anything more than the average political mashup if the story stays in Dunan.

There just isn't enough chaining events that would make for a decent story unless they retcon the peaceful gap and add a dab of the Suikogaiden vol. 2 storyline to the mix.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Mikain Clan King

Post by Mikain Clan King »

Well we could be Nash and play the story with a couple of big changes...like runes and just about everything else. It could be Suikogaiden 2 played like Suikoden 2.
"The duel with Genkaku.... It continues here....."
-Han Cunningham

"This is your final test... Can you win this time, Riou?"
-Leon Silverburg
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I would much rather see a tactics game that revolved around the Scarlet Moon Succession War. I think playing with Barbarossa and Teo would be fun and interesting. You'd also get access to some of the characters in S1 that were important, but never got much air time, Like Milich and Kasim. You'd fight against Pahn, as Teo and Pahn met on opposite sides of the battle field. You'd get to see Mathui and Leon, and learn more about the Kalleka incident. Not to mention using Humphrey and Joshua. This part of the Suikoden past has alot of potential, but people seem to overlook the importance of the Scarlet Moon Empire because you all LOVE Suikoden 2 so much.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I think the succession war would be a really bad setting. We know pretty much everything about the Succession War and the Kalekka Incident... It wouldn't be surprising.

A better setting would be in New-Armes, after S V. The country is about to be new structured... why not a little Civil War? Or I want to see new, yet unexplored areas of the Suikoden World.. Maybe Gaien. but that should be in one of the next real Suikoden installments^^

btw, they should change something about the game system of tactics.. but I don't know what without destroying the suikoden legacy: You can't really change the magic system, the skill system is pretty good imo and that's about everything one can change about gameplaywise in a tactics rpg.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I didnt like that if a character falls, they die IMMEDIATELY! There should be like a time limit or something, otherwise one mistake can screw you big time.
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I didnt like that if a character falls, they die IMMEDIATELY! There should be like a time limit or something, otherwise one mistake can screw you big time.
Yeah, I hate that too. If Jeane dies, no more Jeane in Suikoden 1-3 & 5!!! *sob*
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I didnt like that if a character falls, they die IMMEDIATELY! There should be like a time limit or something, otherwise one mistake can screw you big time.
The main reason why I couldn't play Fire Emblem more then half an hour. Man, that really sucked.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

I was remembering this topic and I was striked with the perfect setting: the Zexen-Tinto-Grassland War.

It would be a perfect setting to expand on the suikoden universe. It is much better than simply telling us about an incident we all already know about. Make Hugo the main character and have him unite Tinto, Zexen and Grassland into one fighting force. It would be a great preparation for a future Suikoden Game on Harmonia.

On this kind of setting we could have:
- definition of Hugo's father
- fate of TFR, could Hugo lose control?
- explanation on why Persmega didnt appear on SIII
- Edge and some vampires
- Cris and Lily again, maybe as enemies
- more Watari, Nash, Mike and other poorly explained bios

We certainly could not have a normal game, but a Tactics would be great.
avenger

Post by avenger »

i really think they should be consontrating on the main story rather then branching out into a tactics.. if we were to have a tactics i'd prefer it going to psp and or ds just so we can still have it, kay?
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

avenger wrote:i really think they should be consontrating on the main story rather then branching out into a tactics.. if we were to have a tactics i'd prefer it going to psp and or ds just so we can still have it, kay?
Well if they're going to make it anyway what difference does it make which system it comes out on?
avenger

Post by avenger »

true, but the way things are today, most companies tend to lean towards the smaller traveling systems.
it'd be nice to have another game like that with say, victor and flik as children and they'd have to uncover the south window destruction by neklord. also we could have a look at victor's girl friend at that time. or who ever she was. and perhaps odessa could appear as well. if she would be old enough..