Consider the timeline

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

Falenan_descent wrote:
i think the premise of colonies going to a new continent is splendid. one: it hasn't been done yet. two: there's so many awesome things that can be done with it... dealing with the natives... warring colonies... corrupt officials... fountain of youth... el dorado.
But the reason Suikoden works is because Suikoden is always about the underdog coming out on top to win. There would already have to be a nation formed on the Western continent. Having two nations compete for a nation is more...a...Warcraft/AOE thing. But I could be crazy :o)
that's exactly why i like it, not because it's some warcraft/aoe thing to do (if you think of a suikoden game like that it would still be far-removed from either one of those games) but because i want something different. suikoden v was a great pull together of everything great about past suikodens, and i could be crazy but i think that calls for some kind of departure with the next one.
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

like the hero and his band siding with the natives to defeat the looming threat of a coming invasion force. theres your under dog.
as for big armies if you read your history native tribes served in the thousands as mercenaries(for lack of a better trem) in the north american wars of the 18th and 19th centuries
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some
Amalia

Post by Amalia »

I would like if S-VI concentrates on western continent to make an overview of the whole suiko world.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Jodan wrote:like the hero and his band siding with the natives to defeat the looming threat of a coming invasion force. theres your under dog.
as for big armies if you read your history native tribes served in the thousands as mercenaries(for lack of a better trem) in the north american wars of the 18th and 19th centuries
Save for Suikoden, Suikoden Tactics and Suikoden V, haven't the rest of them been about banding together fighting against an outside invading force?

Especially Suikoden III, you also have those Six Grasslands Clans as your native tribes too.
Archer

Post by Archer »

Well so far we'e seen a rich lad uniting his opressed country, a poor lad uniting the various towns and cities against his homeland, three groups uniting a whole load of different tribes and races, an orphan uniting 4 or 5 sparcely inhabited island villages and a prince reclaiming his homeland. Dont know about anyone else but I'm seeing a trend that I don't see konami breaking anytime soon. Dress it up anyway you like, its still the same plotline I guess. I'll always be happy aslong as it stays in the generation it has been up until now. In other words, no spaceship HQs or industrial/robotic cities. Had enough of those thanks. xD Its always felt like a very natural and asian game to me but S5's visit to slightly more exotic influences of /our/ more ancient cultures was a nice touch.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Maybe we could have something different them, like a independence war or a unification war, maybe even an invasion.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

I was thinkin' if maybe we were placed in the Kingdom of Zelant or New Armes...since they're middle eastern-like areas and Konami likes to make references to our world's history...

I like to think that the next suikoden will feature a young kid from the streets attempting to take down a totalitarian dictator. Wouldn't it be fun? :D
soonket

Post by soonket »

think konami better ignore the new armes civil war or watever it is... if they dun want to retcon the whole thing... mayb they can just take it as a small scale civil war thats why other countries dun mention about it... hows that ?? lol..
Yuber: I look better in black armor and you know it! Why do you make me look like Michael Jackson instead ?!