Blood option for Suikoden VI?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Raijin wrote:Good to know that I'm not the only one who wants blood. As people here already said it would something more to Suikoden's Death Scenes. Of course not every body here agrees. You can't satisfy everyone, that's why there should an option to turn on/off in the next Suiko.
I love Silent Hill. I love Resident Evil. I love horror in general. Evil Dead 2 and Hellraiser are my two favourite movies.

I still don't think Suikoden needs blood. Do you see people clamouring for blood in Final Fantasy games? Breath of Fire? The Tales series? Grandia 3?

Suikoden needs blood? No, it doesn't. You're deluding yourselves.

If you want blood - go play a horror game. Don't screw up my favourite series because of your bloodlust.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

OMG... You don't. Okay? You! Does Suikoden need blood? Yes it does, to S-O-M-E of us.

Even if I don't see blood in those games you mentioned, I still think Suikoden needs it. Why? Its just my opinion, deal with it.

And an option is something that can let Y-O-U choose. How can it screw something when you have the ability to TURN OFF? I already said not everyone wants it. What the hell is your problem?
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Lol...
OMG... You don't. Okay? You! Does Suikoden need blood? Yes it does, to S-O-M-E of us.

Even if I don't see blood in those games you mentioned, I still think Suikoden needs it. Why? Its just my opinion, deal with it.

And an option is something that can let Y-O-you choose. How can it screw something when you have the ability to TURN OFF? I already said not everyone wants it. What the hell is your problem?
I was tempted not to say a word...but, I chose otherwise.

Suikoden can't have blood in it's games. The fanbase for suikoden is too small and any changes that would allow LESS Players to be able to buy their games would destroy sales in the long run.

And thats why there cannot be blood. Option or not.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Falenan_descent wrote: Suikoden can't have blood in it's games. The fanbase for suikoden is too small and any changes that would allow LESS Players to be able to buy their games would destroy sales in the long run.

And thats why there cannot be blood. Option or not.
I really don´t care if there´s blood in Suikoden or not, both options seems fine to me, but I think it is konami who must choose, some scenes may lose their dramatic feeling if they were made with blood, but you don't see any. It would be like some scenes in Xenosaga, that weren't so shocking after being censored.

What I really disagree about is your argument. How making changes always makes something worse? I disagree. Changing stuff may be good or bad. Keeping the same and not taking any risks is the same as being a coward. This IS always bad.

I think Suikoden has been too inflexible, I think that will be the destruction of the series. That´s why I dont mind some changes like the trinity system, the end of the silent hero, heroes more evil,etc. If the changes aren't too big, fans won't disappear. Blood isn't a big change.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

If blood and gore is used in a realistic fashion then I wouldn't care, but I doubt it. Vandal Hearts also made by Konami has blood in it, but when you kill somebody a fountain of blood erupts from the victim and that is just not realistic at all. As for the game all it would do is take from a Teen rating to a Mature rating.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

Rune of Illusion wrote:If blood and gore is used in a realistic fashion then I wouldn't care, but I doubt it. Vandal Hearts also made by Konami has blood in it, but when you kill somebody a fountain of blood erupts from the victim and that is just not realistic at all. As for the game all it would do is take from a Teen rating to a Mature rating.
I'm thinking something like Vagrant Story. I thought it was used in a realistic fashion.
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

Wounds inflicted in the Suikoden series are usually by blades or by magic.

It would be sufficient to see soldiers be burned to a crisp by fire runes.

If you've seen 300, it does kind of give you an idea of what casualties are like with swords, spears, and arrows. These things would actually happen on a Suikoden battlefield.

Being struck down by a sword does have a high chance of losing a limb or decapitation. Which is never shown.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

And that's important how?

Honestly, you people worry about the most trivial things, when you should be focusing on what's important - good story and good gameplay.
Iku

Post by Iku »

whats not important to some is to others :roll:
blood would make the deaths more dramatic, if anabelle started to cough up blood itd add to the whole scene
'Believed the evidence of your own eyes, did ya? In a place like this?' Granny Weatherwax
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Everybody says blood will make the game better - I'm still waiting for the proof.

Oh wait.....there's NONE.
oneWinged

Post by oneWinged »

nephlabobo wrote:Everybody says blood will make the game better - I'm still waiting for the proof.

... what? Are you seriously going to decide your opinion based on proof, especially for something as subjective as this? Sometimes, you have to search your own mind for your 'proof.'
Pokerface

Post by Pokerface »

Hell NO! No blood for Suikoden, because this game was made for RPG fans and not for the "omg laserguns pew pew wannabe 1337 roXx0rz Pwn0rZ" kiddies.

Pokerface
Mess with the best, die like the rest!
http://www.suikoden3.de
kasumis_biggest_fan

this is silly

Post by kasumis_biggest_fan »

Isn't it silly to argue over something trivial such as this. I am sure everyone on this post will play the next suikoden game whether it has red blood or not. Do you not think that it is because of the gameplay that we fans remain so adamant about playing these games than the graphics. In my opinion we are overlooking the main point of things when we argue about graphics.
"DRIVE YOU MAD AND KILL YOU ALL" Pennywise the dancing clown
nephlabobo

Re: this is silly

Post by nephlabobo »

kasumis_biggest_fan wrote:Do you not think that it is because of the gameplay that we fans remain so adamant about playing these games than the graphics. In my opinion we are overlooking the main point of things when we argue about graphics.
I agree 100%.....but some people seem to be determined to completely botch the series, just to make the game more violent.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

nephlabobo wrote:Everybody says blood will make the game better - I'm still waiting for the proof.

A more dramatic effect and realism isn't enough for you?
Pokerface wrote:Hell NO! No blood for Suikoden, because this game was made for RPG fans and not for the "omg laserguns pew pew wannabe 1337 roXx0rz Pwn0rZ" kiddies.

Pokerface
RPGs CAN have blood in them... And there are some RPG fans that want blood in the games they play. It is sad that game developers don't give us, the players, the decision to make that choice.