Blood option for Suikoden VI?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I'm not sure about the blood thing. After all, having too much blood would crank up the Teen Rating the recent Suikoden games have to a possible M rating, considering the current political situation on video games in USA.

If anything, I don't really mind.

"Die, pig!!" *Whack Whack* (Luca slammed that lady TWICE with his sword. You'd think her head would have sliced in half the first time and in four the second)
Formerly known as: Gothann
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

Yeah, I was meaning to ask about that. Does having the option to turn on/off blood affect the ESRP rating? You know, so then who wants it could have it, and those who don't, can just turn it off...
darkphoenix

Post by darkphoenix »

I remembered about something similiar on Resient Evil2 in which the zombie blood was green or red, the latter being the violent version. I don treally know how it turned out in the end, maybe somebody does...?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

darkphoenix wrote:I remembered about something similiar on Resient Evil2 in which the zombie blood was green or red, the latter being the violent version. I don treally know how it turned out in the end, maybe somebody does...?
It still got an M rating.
Formerly known as: Gothann
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Lulu's death was shocking and violent - but Hugo and Joe didn't get showered in blood. Would it really have made the scene any more memorable?
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

nephlabobo wrote:Lulu's death was shocking and violent - but Hugo and Joe didn't get showered in blood. Would it really have made the scene any more memorable?
A little blood would have, yes. The first time I saw it, I wasn't sure that he was dead. An appropriate amount of blood would have made that painfully clear.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

So, according to this forum, having blood in the game is more important than the story, characters or combat system.

Am I ever glad none of you are working on Suiko 6.
Leebot

Post by Leebot »

Whoever said it was more important? It's not as if adding an appropriate amount of blood would take away from the time spent on the other parts of the game, so you can't infer that because some want more blood that they want it over story, gameplay, or graphics.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

nephlabobo wrote:So, according to this forum, having blood in the game is more important than the story, characters or combat system.

Am I ever glad none of you are working on Suiko 6.
Blood and story are the same, they mean having blood is a good way to tell a story better, it tell us better about a painfull death. That is what they are saying.
So blood is just a way to better tell a story, one thing don't exist independently from the other.

Of course you can have blood only for it's own joy(like some anime with heads flying everywhere), but I don't think anybody is defending that.

I don't like blood much, a litle bit is fine, but too much is unnecessary. If they had a blood option, I probaby would turn it on, because it is better with a little than none.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Rezard wrote: Blood and story are the same, they mean having blood is a good way to tell a story better, it tell us better about a painfull death. That is what they are saying.
So blood is just a way to better tell a story, one thing don't exist independently from the other.
That is one of the most insane things I've ever heard in my life.

That means Mortal Kombat must be War and Peace.
Rezard wrote:Of course you can have blood only for it's own joy(like some anime with heads flying everywhere), but I don't think anybody is defending that.
That's exactly what alot of people on this board are advocating.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I would have to say that more blood would be realistic. When people get stabbed they bleed, sparks don't shoot out. Increased realism is always good for verisimilitude.

However, I don't think that anyone needs to go out of their way to create more violence than is already in the game. But, people you fight in battles bleeding could help with realism. Increased realism does often lead to a greater investiment of emotion which makes the story hit home harder.

For example the sparkly blood scene would have made me more sad with blood, the sparkles took me out of the moment and was distracting.
oneWinged

Post by oneWinged »

nephlabobo wrote:That's exactly what alot of people on this board are advocating.
Is it now? I'm sure nobody has advocated excessive blood in this thread.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Let's try to keep this conversation civil. This is a happy friendly forum :)

oneWinged maybe you meant to say:

"I'm sorry if I came across that way but I didn't mean to advocate for excessive blood, just that some would be beneficial to the plot." or something along those lines.

Thanks!
tmxdragoon

Post by tmxdragoon »

I think some blood could help suikoden out some
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

Good to know that I'm not the only one who wants blood. As people here already said, it would add something more to Suikoden's Death Scenes. Of course not every body here agrees. You can't satisfy everyone, that's why there should an option to turn on/off in the next Suiko.
Last edited by Raijin on Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.