Blood option for Suikoden VI?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Raijin

Blood option for Suikoden VI?

Post by Raijin »

WARNING! Suikoden V spoilers.

I don't know about you guys, but the fall of Sun palace, Suikoden V best cut-scene where Georg Prime stabbed the Queen with his huge ass sword through the gut lacked... blood. It made it look really weird... Now this isn't a big deal, but it would have been a lot better in my opinion if blood was included to that scene.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8nncg7BHK80

If a scene similar to this one would happen in Suikoden VI then I. WANT. BLOOD. (Mwa ha ha ha). Seriously, a turn blood on option would be greatly appreciated by me, lol.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Didn't it get sparkles? Sparkly blood is fun.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Think only Lyon had sparkles. Which was freaky in it's own way cause when people get stabbed I don't expect to see stars falling out of them.
Falenan_descent

Post by Falenan_descent »

Who said that people in Suikoden bleed blood? lol. Who even said that their bodies work the same way WE do. lol. Maybe their blood is sparkly stars. Jeez, guys.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Falenan_descent wrote:Who said that people in Suikoden bleed blood?
I felt that when Leon cut himself and the blood dripped to the floor was a pretty strong indication of it, but maybe that's just me.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

LOL Yeah, they bleed blood. I gave a video of that seen, there were no sparkles or anything, which I am very grateful for. Those stars looked silly...
carmelenigma

Post by carmelenigma »

Urda: Barbarous humans..
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

Hmm? Barbarous... I guess you could say that. But it would have made that scene have a lot more impact on the player if blood was splashing all over the screen.

But then again it's not for everyone. My college professor would faint every time he sees blood. lol
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Again, this is unnecessary. We're not playing Resident Evil.

I'd rather they concentrate on story and gameplay rather graphics of bloody characters.
oneWinged

Post by oneWinged »

nephlabobo wrote:Again, this is unnecessary. We're not playing Resident Evil.

I'd rather they concentrate on story and gameplay rather graphics of bloody characters.
Doesn't take all that much work just to add blood. Plus, you're assuming the people who write the story are the same people who make the graphics.

The addition of blood would definently have added a more realistic and emotion feel to certain scenes. But by doing so, they'd be meritting themselves an M rating, reducing the size of their audience, leading to less sales. It's similar to how no film maker ever wants an NC-17 rating on their film.
Tsharr

Post by Tsharr »

Blood for realism?

Remember, we're playing a game focused around magical runes, kobolds, elves, dwarves, talking beavers, vampires, etc. I don't think adding "realism" to the game needs to be on the top list of priorities.

Take the time needed to add blood to do something better. Like avoiding those bloody polygon glitches.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Tsharr wrote:Blood for realism?

Remember, we're playing a game focused around magical runes, kobolds, elves, dwarves, talking beavers, vampires, etc. I don't think adding "realism" to the game needs to be on the top list of priorities.

Take the time needed to add blood to do something better. Like avoiding those bloody polygon glitches.
Well put. Couldn't have said it better.
Raijin

Post by Raijin »

Yes blood can add realism even if its a fantasy game. There are many games that have blood and is a fantasy game.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Such as?
sunstar25

Post by sunstar25 »

The Final Fantasy series had some blood. Xenogears definitely.

I am definitely in for adding blood for realism.

After you beat Gizel, his face should have been all mangled up. Afterall, most of the Prince's attacks were to the head.