Future speculation about Tir MCDohl and other char

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Rune of Illusion wrote:Note too much at all. That is exactly why I'm against some characters coming back as they don't have too much to tell.

We do know that if Windy was still alive she would not be after Tir anymore because she cannot bear the Soul Eater Rune as she thought at first. Because of the Soul Eater rune's nature Tir would not get close to any other character besides Gremio so no the relationship between him and Kasumi will not work out. If they decide for him to remove the rune, it would be ripping off the Flame Champion from Suikoden 3.
Well Ted had the soul eater and that didn't stop him from having a family with Teo and cia, so Tir and Kasumi could work out. Soul Eater could give us some romantic and dramatic scenes, the more he likes her, more he will want to leave her.

Windy could search him out to make him her allied, by offering a dark deal, by making him her slave, etc... she did make Neclord her subordinate, she could do it to Tir too. Also there's the captain of Ghost ship, who was interested in the Soul Eater, maybe we could learn more about him.

I don't think bringing Tir back will necessarily burn his character, they could screw up, but they could make something cool. I don't think we should limit creativity, if we have a good idea, we should use it. It doesn't matter if the character had a grand role in other games.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Rezard wrote: Well Ted had the soul eater and that didn't stop him from having a family with Teo and cia, so Tir and Kasumi could work out. Soul Eater could give us some romantic and dramatic scenes, the more he likes her, more he will want to leave her.
Fodder for fanfiction. Suikoden has never had a love story in it and possibly never will. If they do, it would be between some other pair as the Soul Eater would kill Kasumi even if Tir did not like Kasumi. It done that with Aldo.
Rezard wrote: Windy could search him out to make him her allied, by offering a dark deal, by making him her slave, etc... she did make Neclord her subordinate, she could do it to Tir too. Also there's the captain of Ghost ship, who was interested in the Soul Eater, maybe we could learn more about him.
And offer Tir what? Neclord was bought with the promise of power. What would Tir want? To be free from the curse? Not quite as the rune would seek out another host beginning the cycle over again so, like Lazlo, Tir would probably remained isolated from people.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Fodder for fanfiction. Suikoden has never had a love story in it and possibly never will. If they do, it would be between some other pair as the Soul Eater would kill Kasumi even if Tir did not like Kasumi. It done that with Aldo.
On contrary, suikoden is full of romance, like Barbarosa x Windy, Tengaar x Hix, Nina x Flik, Viktor x Annabelle, Frey x Lyon, along many others. Romance was never the main stream, but it was always there. Something more discreet would fit well.

My point is not doing fan fiction, what I mean is we shouldn't say "Tir can't return", but we should say "Tir shouldn't came back in this particular case". We can't know if the story will be fine or not without playing thought it or, at least, hearing the idea.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Sorry, double post.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Rezard wrote:
On contrary, suikoden is full of romance, like Barbarosa x Windy, Tengaar x Hix, Nina x Flik, Viktor x Annabelle, Frey x Lyon, along many others. Romance was never the main stream, but it was always there. Something more discreet would fit well.

My point is not doing fan fiction, what I mean is we shouldn't say "Tir can't return", but we should say "Tir shouldn't came back in this particular case". We can't know if the story will be fine or not without playing thought it or, at least, hearing the idea.
Ofcourse there is romance, but they never got into detail which in a way is good.

It's not impossible for him not to return, but the circumstances have to be right for such an event to occur. Afterall he is a TENAKI STAR, he can't switch his star, in doing so just to make him return would be idiocy. He has to be an optional characters, for example, the DoReMi Elves, they weren't a SOD, but you could still recruit them and use them in battle.

Honeslty though, I don't want to see a Tenkai Star repeat, if Konami wants to finish his story they can always do a tactics/rhapsodia number on it. But seriously, if Konami believes his story is finished, the likely hood of him returning is slim unless the geographic and timeline can allow it, I just don't see it happening.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Jinxx

Post by Jinxx »

I personally would like to see Geddoe come back. He was royally badass in Suikoden 3. He was a great striker/physical attacker as well had surprisingly great magic abilities.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

I have a feeling that all true rune bearers are meant to return. Why would they make true rune bearers immortal then.
I look better in black armor and you know it!
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

bench2hotty wrote:I have a feeling that all true rune bearers are meant to return. Why would they make true rune bearers immortal then.
Because with great power comes with great consequences/curses. They aren't immortal, just ageless, they just don't die from natural causes. They don't age or get sick.

They may come back or not, but the possibility of them coming back are silm. Unless there is one installment that requires all the true rune bearers to show up.

Also, not all true rune bearers were meant to be heros as well. Prime example is Yuber and Windy(if she is currently alive, which she probably is) Freyjadour was a hero, he never got a true rune though, Riou and Jowy, if you got the best ending only hold the halves of the rune of beginning, which are not considered true runes(they still age and get ill)

We'll have a better chance to see the trio of S3, before we see Tir again if the installment takes place after S3(For Hugos sake) I honestly would like to see something between S2 and S3, we'll probably see Jowy or Pilika before Riou, since they weren't even SODs.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

EternalOnslaught wrote:Also, not all true rune bearers were meant to be heros as well. Prime example is Yuber and Windy(if she is currently alive, which she probably is) Freyjadour was a hero, he never got a true rune though, Riou and Jowy, if you got the best ending only hold the halves of the rune of beginning, which are not considered true runes(they still age and get ill).
Your examples are contradictory. Windy only holds half a true rune, as does Leknaat. They do not age or grow ill, so why should Riou and Jowy?
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
The Prophet

Post by The Prophet »

Because Riou and Jowy's Bright Shield and Black Sword rune do not grant agelessness because they are not True Runes where as Windy and Leknaat's halves are portions of the Gate Rune which does grant agelessness.
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

Where was it canonly(can't think of a better word) said that the Bright shield and Black Sword were not true runes, and would not grant immortality?

because you would assume the rune of beginning which spawned all the other true runes, would have power that was similar?
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

kharaa wrote:Where was it canonly(can't think of a better word) said that the Bright shield and Black Sword were not true runes, and would not grant immortality?
It was declared in an interview with someone from konami. Since it was never stated in the games, they might change it. Who knows?

Other than that, the runes seem to be the same. Some fans say there are differences (Water/Coffee Theory), but, from what I know, it was never confirmed.

If all true rune bearer will return for a grand batlle, maybe a world war (as some people hope to see), I would prefer they make more than one game telling that.

We could see more than one game telling about a world war and each game could tell us the fate of 1/3 or 1/4 of the true runes´s bearers. It'd be like telling the stories about a different war fronts each game.
Like, if suikoden was the World War II, we could have a game about French takeover, another about Russia invansion campaing, Japanese X America war over the pacific and one about the final batlle, beginig with the D-day.
kharaa

Post by kharaa »

Anyone got a link to the interview with konami? I would rather like to see this.

Because even if they're not considered true runes, they're the runes that the true runes came from right? you would THINK that immortality would be given.. dunno.
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

The Prophet wrote:Because Riou and Jowy's Bright Shield and Black Sword rune do not grant agelessness because they are not True Runes where as Windy and Leknaat's halves are portions of the Gate Rune which does grant agelessness.
So the halves of one true rune count as true runes themselves but the halves of another don't? Remember, Bright Shield and Black Sword make the Rune of Beginning, one of the True Runes. It did not spawn the True Runes, it is one itself. The True Runes came fom the battle of Sword and Shield, which the two halves of the Rune of Beginning represent. The Rune of Beginning itself, per Leknaat in SII, has the power to end war and bring peace. How do these halves differ in any way, aside from which rune they make when combined, from the halves of the Gate Rune held by Leknaat and Windy?
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Falqueene

Post by Falqueene »

WaterMoon wrote:So the halves of one true rune count as true runes themselves but the halves of another don't? Remember, Bright Shield and Black Sword make the Rune of Beginning, one of the True Runes. It did not spawn the True Runes, it is one itself. The True Runes came fom the battle of Sword and Shield, which the two halves of the Rune of Beginning represent. The Rune of Beginning itself, per Leknaat in SII, has the power to end war and bring peace. How do these halves differ in any way, aside from which rune they make when combined, from the halves of the Gate Rune held by Leknaat and Windy?
The Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes are just components to make the Rune of Beginning. The Front/Back Gate runes are the Gate Rune split in two. So, going with the "Coffee" theory here, a true rune a like a cup of coffee. By spitting the Gate Rune in two, there are now two half-cups of coffee. The Bright Shield and Black Sword runes would just be hot water and coffee beans, with the Rune of Beginning being the cup of coffee.

Keep in mind that although the Bright Shield and Black Sword runes may represent the sword and shield that "created the world" so to speak, the Rune of Beginning is still just a true rune, one of the 27 gems that decorated the sword and shield. Just like the Sun Rune isn't technically the sun ((the sun still stays up in the sky when the Sun Rune is used)), there's no way to say that the Bright Shield and Black Sword Runes are actually the sword and shield, and therefore have powers higher than those of other runes.

But who knows, Konami has been known to change their story in the past. At the end of the first game, didn't Leknaat originally get the full Gate Rune? Of course, then the story was changed, so for now the Gate Rune isn't full.
The lions sing and the hills take flight / The moon by day and the sun by night.
Blind woman, deaf man, jackdaw fool / Let the Lord of Chaos rule.