Konami's aim with the Suikoden series

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Considering the "gods" of the Suikoden world are often considered to be the True Runes themselves, it's quite obvious that the Sindar clan take advantage of the runic mechanism in many of their technology.
Maskedman

Post by Maskedman »

Correct. But didn't Luc summon a God using the Five elements?

Now I am not sure if it was a God because it was a long time since I played Suikoden III. I believe Luc explains something like that, maybe not God but yeah... it is an something. I just don't remember the exact words.

Another thing with the Sindar!

"Rune of Change

A True Rune representing change that affects all in the universe. The powers of this rune and its whereabouts remain a mystery. However, it is said that the Leader of the Sindars hold this rune, forcing the Sindars to move from place to place as a curse. However, it is said that the Sindars finally found their "eternal city" after their eternal wander."

Quoting from Suikosource rune list.

Just a far-fetched speculation but, could it be a form of "Rune of Fate"? Only with a different name? I know what is said in the description. It doesn't fit right with my thoughts. Though the first sentance gives me the idea of "controlling fate". And somehow I have the feeling Leeknat keeps in touch with the Sindar ^^

Another thing that pops into my mind is this: What about the monster on the ghost ship in Suikoden 4? I don't remember much but in the depths of my mind I have a very vague memory of it having to do something with Sindar. I might be completely wrong here, I don't remember much of that. What I wanted to come with that I don't know, perhaps it was a spin off into speculation to even greater depths ^^ haha nah I dunno
draculabakula

Post by draculabakula »

kharaa wrote:To be perfectly honest, say they do 2 runes a game, which they have almsot done anyways..

it'll take around 12 or so games to get them all, it's taken Square-Enix uh.. 20 years nearly? .
Well considering there have been 12 or 13 true runes featured in the first 5 games it seems that they could easily feature all of them in 5 more games.
kasumis_biggest_fan

Post by kasumis_biggest_fan »

I am not so sure that they will take 5 more games to finish off the series. maybe 3 more at the most since most of the games have featured three of the runes or more. If there are 13 already revealed and Konami reveals another new land each game. it may take more. But unlike Square's (I refuse to call them Square-Enix) Final Fantasy there will be an end to this series.
"DRIVE YOU MAD AND KILL YOU ALL" Pennywise the dancing clown
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Maskedman wrote:Correct. But didn't Luc summon a God using the Five elements?

Now I am not sure if it was a God because it was a long time since I played Suikoden III. I believe Luc explains something like that, maybe not God but yeah... it is an something. I just don't remember the exact words.

You mean the True Wind Rincar? It's just the physical manifestation of the True Wind Rune. :)
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

To add to that, "Rincar" is in-game short form for Rune Incarnation, in fact.