Konami Cameos

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Michael Easton

Post by Michael Easton »

AndyJP wrote:I can't think of any other Konami games that have characters that would fit into Suikoden in any way. I see it more likely for Suikoden characters to cameo in other Konami games.
I'm not sure if anyone has noticed this but there's a flower pot in Greenhill (I think) that says 'Dahlia Gillespie' if you examine it - Dahlia Gillespie being the weird old woman from Silent Hill.

As for Suikoden characters turning up in other Konami games? Haven't a clue.
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

Actually i realy like cameos for no apparent reason. I like the way they put Cameos in the "Tales of "series. Maybe they should try to put cameo battles in suikoden just for the fun of it.
I look better in black armor and you know it!
Ted_85

Re: Konami Cameos

Post by Ted_85 »

I think one of the MGS2 characters' last name is Silverburg....
But that's more homage than cameo.

I think both Koh and Gosh from Azure Dreams would become good SoD's. The AD universe is very similiar to the Suikoworld. Perhaps the town of Monsbaya is situated in the New Armes kingdom...?
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

There's Meryl Silverburgh in MGS, but her name is even spelled different...
Purr.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

Hey I know a factor from another game in Suikoden V. The characters Oboro and Lelei both have similar names to two characters of the Darkstalkers series: Oboro Bishamon and Lei-Lei (Hsien-Ko). I think they're based on the game because also their names appear one after another in the Tablet of Stars. But it's also another homage.

I don't know if cameos of another games (I mean characters) is really good. A reference from another RPG game would be cool, actually. Think about it, for example, a town named Cloudstrife, an homage to the main character of Final Fantasy VII.

What do you guys think?
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

Me like Benthos idea,
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Naming the next narcissistic character Cloudstrife sounds perfect!
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

patapi wrote:Naming the next narcissistic character Cloudstrife sounds perfect!
I hope you're kidding :P
Purr.
Benthos

Post by Benthos »

patapi wrote:Naming the next narcissistic character Cloudstrife sounds perfect!
I hope you're kidding
Me too. Besides, another character with this name seems more copy than homage. A narcissistic Cloudstrife? Ugh!!!
Jack of All Trades

Post by Jack of All Trades »

Have you guys ever played Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow? One of the best items in the game is the "Soul Eater Ring" It doubles the appearance of enemy souls, which you absorb and grow stronger from.
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

Hey guys, i've been checking this post out and i tried to find a good game that had cameos

What about kingdom hearts? That was a great game involving cameos from final fantasy and disney, so maybe y not konami mixes cameos from a famous cartoon film company, disney is already taken by square enix. Anyone know what famous animation company has made famous, suitable characters that would mix with the SoD of suikoden?

Then again the SoD would get screwed up... :?
golden general

Post by golden general »

Red rune wrote:Hey guys, i've been checking this post out and i tried to find a good game that had cameos

What about kingdom hearts? That was a great game involving cameos from final fantasy and disney, so maybe y not konami mixes cameos from a famous cartoon film company, disney is already taken by square enix. Anyone know what famous animation company has made famous, suitable characters that would mix with the SoD of suikoden?

Lol, what about warner brothers. A suikoden type game starring bugs bunny and daffy duck.
big runescape player
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

golden general wrote:
Red rune wrote:Hey guys, i've been checking this post out and i tried to find a good game that had cameos

Lol, what about warner brothers. A suikoden type game starring bugs bunny and daffy duck.
Neclord Vs Bugs Bunny, lol :lol:
Red rune

Post by Red rune »

But seriously, what do you think? Good or bad idea?