Openings: Anime or regular style opening?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
LadyRhia

Openings: Anime or regular style opening?

Post by LadyRhia »

Konami has tried anime style in at least three games now (III and the Gaidens) so I don't think it's too far out of the realm of possibility for them to use it again. But on the flip side, they only used anime style around the time of III and then went back to regular style afterwards. Out of curiousity, out of the two styles, which would you prefer appear in Suikoden VI?

Personally I'd love to see anime style openings return. It's not like I hate the regular style but the anime openings in general just look nicer and more impressive at times than the regular style.
ShonnyS

Post by ShonnyS »

i love suikoden 3 intro, the first time i saw it my skin just got like chiken-skin i dint cry because men dont cry. hehehehe just kidding, but i really loved it, if you ask me right now i wold say: Another anime intro!!!!!
sorry my english isn't perfect
Chris_Lightfellow

Post by Chris_Lightfellow »

I rather liked the anime style opening as well. It would be nice if they used it again.
And if I saw you dancing, I would spin you around, spin you around, turn your world upside down

Not sure about something? Check the board rules!
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

I agree, it's nice to see your characters in the more fluid art form of anime.
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

when i saw th intro for III i thought they were going to do what they did for z.o.e. the second runner and have all the cut scenes anime whitch would be awesome but having them switch all the time from partial 3d to 2d anime would be odd but ass for the into i wold love to see it again none of the other intros quite lived up to III
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some
modi

Post by modi »

I will go with an anime intro, it's more exciting and much nicer and with the right music it will be even better.
I didn't like suikoden V and IV intro anyway , they were pointless to me.
Auragaea

Post by Auragaea »

I'm not a fan of anime, but I do agree that the anime intro for III is the best I've seen for the Suiko series.
Hmm... Didn't make much money. Next time, let's get rich! - Rachel
Gamer1826

Post by Gamer1826 »

The anime style opening was gorgeously done, and I'd love to see it happen again.
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

If they do it like they did with the third installment, then hands down twith the anime opening. I thought the opening to 5 was kind of weird.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

the best opennings are the ones that start in anime image, with some spectacular images and battles, with a lot of sod and enemies appearing, and then suddenly changes to 3d images, puting some cutscenes from the game, giving u a little taste of the grafics of the game
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Queens Knight

Post by Queens Knight »

I personaly enjoyed the opening of S2 the most, I found the artwork of the still-scenes to be very well done, although I also thought that the opening of S3 was excellent as well, in fact it may be the best thing about S3...not saying that S3 wasn't a good game.
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

I must have watched the opening sequence for III about 5 times before actually starting the game..I think IV and V could have been much better.
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

i feel the same way i would put SIII in just for the opening sequence and im 30 hours into 4 and i was almost turned off the game the sequence was choppy i didnt get the need for that filter and the music was uninspired.
IT'S CALLED SUIKOCRACK!!!
want some
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

III, IV, V and the Gaiden titles had very well-thought opening, I thought.

I and Tactics were fair, though I must say that I didn't fancy the inclusion of less-than-spectacular in-game shots.

II's pacing was awkward. Neither the animated scenes nor artwork displays lived up to similar presentation in the other games, tbqh.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I prefer the anime style openings because they suit the style of the game, plus it helps that they match the character portraits in the game.
PSN: FreshMetal80