The Return Of Barbarossa!

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

I can see Barbarossa and Windy coming back myself. Seeing how they are missing like Hikusaak.

I can see Windy with Stealing the Sovereign Rune and trying to take over Harmonia.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Rune of Illusion wrote:I can see Barbarossa and Windy coming back myself. Seeing how they are missing like Hikusaak.

I can see Windy with Stealing the Sovereign Rune and trying to take over Harmonia.
That would be awesome. Barbarossa could be chasing windy for the sovereign rune, king dragon sword in hand. If Viktor and flik were involved again that would be cool. thats one of the best roles ive heard for barbarossa yet.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
kasumis_biggest_fan

Post by kasumis_biggest_fan »

I was thinking that Windy would do the same thing, but i didnt apply Hikusaak into the equation. I kind of thought that Leknaat would retreive the True Wind rune, and battle Windy with the Back Gate rune and Luc's old rune.
"DRIVE YOU MAD AND KILL YOU ALL" Pennywise the dancing clown
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

LEKNAAT VS WINDY, THE RETURN OF BARBAROSSA. A NEW GATE RUNE WAR Fire the guys at Konami we got a story. A real confrontation between Leknaat and Windy would be great. I think its weird how alot of characters in suikoden have crossing histories but never have real confrontations. Yuber and Pesmerga, Lorelai and Killey are just a couple but it would be great if we could see these stories told.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

it will be great they put windy as yuber in suikoden I and II, like a rival of leknaat that appears to fight against the SoD, and loses, fleeing in the last moment, to reapear in every game
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Sniper_Zegai wrote:LEKNAAT VS WINDY, THE RETURN OF BARBAROSSA. A NEW GATE RUNE WAR Fire the guys at Konami we got a story.
No, we have fanwank.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

And we have A-Holes already. Oh wait no we dont. Your the first congratulations! An admin will jump on this but I could'nt let you think there were other A-holes stealing your crown.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Fanwank is a legitimate term to describe over convoluted stories and overconvoluted explanations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fanwank

If you're going to get in a huff every time somone doesn't like your ideas, you're in for a shock.

It's a messageboard - people don't always agree.

It doesn't make them "A-holes".

Your deliberate, flagrant and repeated abuse is unwarranted and undeserved.

Stop trying to bait people and act like a grown up.
Night

Post by Night »

To be fair, you could have responded in a far more mature and restrained fashion nephlabobo. Your post seemed needlessly antagonistic.

Nonetheless, I do agree with the sentiment. Towards the end of Suikoden I, we saw both Windy and Barbarossa express regret at their actions, and I believe this would indicate a new period for their characters. Stories like the ones mentioned have no logical basis. Why would Barbarossa have the Star Dragon Sword? That makes no sense? Why would Windy steal the Sovereign Rune, and why on earth would she try to take over Harmonia? And why would Killey and Lorelai have any kind of conflict? They seem to be far more like rivals than enemies.

Such theories should be placed in the Unjustified Theories forum, or in another relevant thread. I think we have enough over the place for ideas for Suikoden stories, or characters you want to see returning.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Do you really want the same story told again? We already had a gate rune war. How unoriginal would it be if the same characters came back and did the same things again? Would kinda push me to stop playing, if you ask me.
Purr.
OneWingedHeimi

Post by OneWingedHeimi »

Night wrote:Why would Barbarossa have the Star Dragon Sword? That makes no sense?
I believe you're thinking of the Dragon King Sword -- that's the one that has the Sovereign Rune embedded in it (Source, look under "Sovereign Rune"). The only connection the two swords have is that they both have True Runes embedded in them (Dragon King Sword has Sovereign, Star Dragon Sword has Night).

Back on topic, it would be kinda cool to see Barbarossa again, preferably in a similar manner to Ted in SIV (Barbarossa's had his time as a major character).
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Man why do people always take my ideas as concrete. Listen Windy is missing and still has the gate rune as far as a best geuss could go, Its only right that Leknaat should round things up with her. As for the Star Dragon Sword remark that was just a typo. I meant King Dragon Sword. Im not asking for a repeat of Suikoden 1. I dont like it however when stories and characters are left un-ended. Barbarossa and Windy were characters that should'nt just dissapear.

The reason I dont like it when people openly disagree by just saying "OH that's crap". When I see an Idea I dont like I say what I would change or why I dont like it and more importantly Im nice about it. Nephabaloo I dont really care if you disagree or not. But do you absolutely HAVE to just toss something to the side. And besides you've been hounding my posts for awhile and I dont know what your problem is.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

The only connection the two swords have is that they both have True Runes embedded in them (Dragon King Sword has Sovereign, Star Dragon Sword has Night)
the dragon king sword is a sword that has the sovereign inside, and the zodiac could be the rune itself, is not sure that the sword only bears the night rune
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I always figured that the night rune had the ability to change its form and a sword was its form of choice. Afterall cant it change its size! I dont know. Maybe the King dragon and star dragon swords are special swords which can bear true runes. Who knows?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Sniper_Zegai wrote:LEKNAAT VS WINDY, THE RETURN OF BARBAROSSA. A NEW GATE RUNE WAR Fire the guys at Konami we got a story. A real confrontation between Leknaat and Windy would be great. I think its weird how alot of characters in suikoden have crossing histories but never have real confrontations. Yuber and Pesmerga, Lorelai and Killey are just a couple but it would be great if we could see these stories told.
Zegai, how long did it take you to come up with such an idea? Wouldn't people be expecting something along those lines? What sorts of lessons could we possibly learn from a story we've already seen (practically)? If you've actually considered these things, then forgive me.
Night wrote:Nonetheless, I do agree with the sentiment. Towards the end of Suikoden I, we saw both Windy and Barbarossa express regret at their actions, and I believe this would indicate a new period for their characters. Stories like the ones mentioned have no logical basis. Why would Barbarossa have the Star Dragon Sword? That makes no sense? Why would Windy steal the Sovereign Rune, and why on earth would she try to take over Harmonia? And why would Killey and Lorelai have any kind of conflict? They seem to be far more like rivals than enemies.
The entire reasoning behind Windy's ambitions was to get revenge on Harmonia, and stealing the Sovereign Rune could be used to this end, either directly or through someone else.

http://www.suikosource.com/history/truerunes/
The Front Gate Rune is one of the halves of the Gate Rune, separated by Windy and Leknaat. After Windy teleported away from the destruction of her clan, she sought greater power to seek revenge against the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia. Knowing that one person could only wield one True Rune, she researched ways to attack two True Runes on herself. Thus, she started searching for True Runes with other True Rune Bearers, Yuber and Neclord. She scoured the lands in search of True Runes, ironically doing the same thing Harmonia did to her clan to gain True Runes. In the end, she found the bearer of the Rune of Life and Death, Ted, and tried to take it from him, but ultimately fails. Her unyielding wish to gain the Rune of Life and Death indirectly caused the Gate Rune Wars. In the final battle, Windy used her Front Gate Rune to summon 80,000 monster troops from the "World of Emptiness." However, her monster troops were sent back by Leknaat and Joshua Levenheit. In the end, she died when Barbarossa fell from the balcony of his "Floating Garden," taking her along. Since then, the rune has been missing, suggesting that Windy may still be alive.