Suikoden VI Visual Preference

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
lungfish

Re: Suikoden VI Visual Preference

Post by lungfish »

i like the old 2D, and the I like the Suikoden V style 3D
either one would do perfectly fine for me.
i just want VI to come out already haha.
blah1017

Post by blah1017 »

lungfish wrote:i like the old 2D, and the I like the Suikoden V style 3D
either one would do perfectly fine for me.
i just want VI to come out already haha.
I would have liked 5 so much more if the camera wasn't so damn bad.

Suikoden 2 and 5 were both very stylish and had well made character designs, one was in 2D, the other in 3D

But Suikoden 2's camera wasn't zoomed out ridiculously far, preventing you from actually seeing the characters.

Also Suikoden 5's battle camera was so boring. Suikoden 2's jumps in and out of the action, zooms in on criticals, does twists and turns and crap. Suikoden 5's is stationary unless you do unite attacks. Boring.
MermaidKasumi

Post by MermaidKasumi »

Silmeria is a great example,I love that game!
The graphics are so beautiful, Suikoden VI with a similar style would be fantastic!
nobody

Post by nobody »

I like the graphics of Suikoden V,keep that. :mrgreen:
Runemaster

Post by Runemaster »

nobody wrote:I like the graphics of Suikoden V,keep that. :mrgreen:
SV's 3Dness is 'clean' and cutscenes are real good but overall it was a letdown from SIV's graphics. Or maybe all the other Suikoden's graphics. No control for the camera and HORRIBLY corny spell and skill effects! It's weird that from the realism yet simplicity of SIV's graphics, the next game became like that. I mean, look at the 'Explosion' spell... Do you not find it corny?
I will bring Lordlake's fate... to the entire Suikoden World! weeeeeeh!
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I liked Suikoden 5, but it had two major problems for me.

1. the camera made it hard to see stuff in great detail, if they could make it toggle between say suikoden 4's perspectives, and suikoden 5's perspectives, that would be ideals. Having access to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd perspectives really helps to show off pretty 3d graphics.

2. everything had a glossy/dreamlike texture to it which I really don't like. If they could do something more matted, like Valkyria Chronicles that would be way better.
GrimJim

Post by GrimJim »

I dont mind having inhanced updated 2d graphics of suikoden 2 if it means been able to make the games bigger! Yeah that looked nice. 5s graphics were fine but the camra did get take some getting used to even then it was abit distent and yeah the graphics seemed a little hazy at times...like when in sol falana i know its the sun palace but it was really bright!

Im for more basic graphics if it means being able to do better affects (spells n what not) and a bigger game.
Alisamakora

Post by Alisamakora »

I think they should keep the 3D approach, but for the more important cut scenes, use animation. I agree with a few of the previous comments: the prince looked downright dorky in some of the more important cut scenes, and though I love the silent protagonist thing, it just DOES NOT WORK in 3d without a voice. Animation could make it so much better for those dramatic scenes. The whole "smile and nod" thing in many of the prince's scenes looked incredibly dorky.

Also agreed that Roy’s death scene kinda failed terribly. Actually, I just finished up recruiting Roy and his posturing in the Ranro Mountains made me laugh. A lot. that was made pretty bad with the body movements.

I also agree on the diversity thing: never played II (can't afford it), but III was an absolute joy to see the diverse cultures displayed.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Agreed. The motion acting in Suikoden 5 was ebarrisingly unrealistic at times. This must be improved.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

I have to say that I would love to see graphics like they those they used in Valkyria Chronicle. They were simply beautiful.
TrueWater00

Post by TrueWater00 »

I know it wont happen, but suikoden II's graphis were absolutely perfect, im an old school 2D type gamer. I thought everything was detailed enough to see as well as giving it that classic RPG look. I thought V's Graphics were the worst. I know you could change the aerial view but it didnt matter, the farthest distance, you could barely see any detail in yourself, and the closest distance you couldnt see where you are going. awful. I would say a happy medium graphic wise for me would be IV.
But I still love the 2D!!! ;p
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

I think Suikoden VI should be like either X-blades or Borderlands. Looks amazing, but it's still anime-ish.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well 2D is more of a possibility than it used to be with the PSN, Xbox Arcade and Wiiware. They could release a Mega Man 10 retro version of Suikoden as number VI. I still doubt it but it's more likely than it used to be.
WichitaQ

Post by WichitaQ »

i would so much love it in 2D, like the first two, but that's impossible
Fei Wong

Post by Fei Wong »

I liked all games graphics, but im more fond of S1-2's 2D graphics, and in 3D i think that is ironic that the best one is the third, when it was one of the first PS2 titles. I would like to see S6 with a camera free like S4, but in a giant overworld an varied places like 1,2 and 5 that would be awesome. The problem with 5's camera is that the position, it is too close or too far, i think they wanted to do it more like the psx ones and put that camera to have the same feel, but in some places was a pain in the ass.
Let our mercy as deep as the Feitas and our authority as powerful as the Sun be revealed to the entire World!!