A Modern or Futuristic Suikoden..?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Pollensalta wrote:Uh, no... Suikoden 2 is 3 years after Suikoden 1, and then Suikoden 3 is 15 years after Suikoden 2.
Ah, my bad, got turned around. Made the 3 to 30...ah, you get the picture.

Anyway, still almost 20 years.
bripod91385

Re: A Modern or Futuristic Suikoden..?

Post by bripod91385 »

amelia108 wrote:Just a thought. Perhaps a group of 108 rebels are out to take on a corrupt oligarchy/dictatorship? It sounds like a cool idea to me, although I don't see it ever happening, seeing how so many fans are bent on all the entries being so closely connected. I'm not even sure I like the idea myself... but a thought. That's all.
You might as well juts create a whole new series if you what to go that way. So NO not a good idea
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Doesn't sound too bad, but by doing that...well, you might as well throw out the entire storyline and create a new one. They already started it during medival/modern times. It would confuse a lot of people if Konami suddenly made a Suikoden game way into the future. I remember one person typing about a spin-off, that'll be cool.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
amelia108

Re: A Modern or Futuristic Suikoden..?

Post by amelia108 »

bripod91385 wrote:
amelia108 wrote:Just a thought. Perhaps a group of 108 rebels are out to take on a corrupt oligarchy/dictatorship? It sounds like a cool idea to me, although I don't see it ever happening, seeing how so many fans are bent on all the entries being so closely connected. I'm not even sure I like the idea myself... but a thought. That's all.
You might as well juts create a whole new series if you what to go that way. So NO not a good idea
most people that say this probably are the same kind of people that want the new suikoden to be completely derivative of the first two games. :roll:
i admit that suikoden iii is my least favorite one, but atleast they were trying to change things with it. suikoden iv was basically a rehash of i, suikoden v was basically a rehash of ii. i loved the rehashes, sure, but if they keep doing rehashes this series is going to go nowhere.
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

Konami needs to wrap a lot of stuff up before doing something like a futuristic suikoden.

But maybe you could visit another world that is futuristic. That would be allright.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I think the general feeling here is that nobody would really like the sudden leap into the future. But what I would like to see is the real development of the Suikoden world. I mean the Suikoden world has expanded but it has never really grown. What about a type of rebelion simular to "The Last Samurai".
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
ShonnyS

Post by ShonnyS »

i really dont like too much the idea of a futuristic suikoden... maybe a suikoden in other dimension like viki's or the world of the wings and scales... that sure would be great you know, a suikoden where the main character have to survive in a odd world, with dragons that wanna eat him/her and recriuting stars of destiny to stop the massive destruction that can do angry dragons teleporting to the normal dimension...

O.ó that sound great!! hehehe.
sorry my english isn't perfect
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

What is this storyline some of you are talking about? I thought each installment highlighted a particular instance in the Suikoden time line. What is the difference between one Suikoden set 400 years in the future and one set 400 years in the past? Outside of returning characters none. It is possible to have mysteries that still need some solving even if time goes by 1000 years.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

If suikoden leaped hundreds of years into the future. Then there would be almost no returning characters like in Suikoden 4. And although I really enjoyed Suikoden 4 it still did'nt feel right that there were only a few returning chars. And thats mostly why people dont like it and the original idea was more about technological advancements in the suikoden world. Who knows we may still see airships and cars yet in the Suikoden world.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
ShonnyS

Post by ShonnyS »

but i dont like too much the idea about seeing cars on suikoden, maybe flying artifacts, but too much technology on suikoden or it will look like a final famntasy copy... thas my viewpoint.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

yes, the idea of guns only in the howling voice is pretty good, but no more

if all ppl can have a gun in suikoden for exemple, it will probably suk a lot
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

To be fair, Final Fantasy up until around VI, wasn't all that advanced. Using that knowledge I can say that Suikoden is already coping those older Final Fantasies and other RPGs with a medieval feel to them. And Final Fantasy isn't the first RPG game with a futuristic feel to it and it is certainly not the only one that has it. Frankly, the first Star Ocean was one of the first few futuristic RPG games there was.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
ShonnyS

Post by ShonnyS »

yeah, but the first thing that will come up to my mind if I see a car on suikoden it will be Final Fantasy, i dunno why.
must be cause i've played FF7 FF8 FFX2
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Rune of Illusion wrote:To be fair, Final Fantasy up until around VI, wasn't all that advanced. Using that knowledge I can say that Suikoden is already coping those older Final Fantasies and other RPGs with a medieval feel to them. And Final Fantasy isn't the first RPG game with a futuristic feel to it and it is certainly not the only one that has it. Frankly, the first Star Ocean was one of the first few futuristic RPG games there was.
Yeah, but each final fantasy game was an entire different game in each installment set in another world.

I think it is pretty much impossible to push suikoden into the future that much, without ruining the story that it has conjure with the past installments. Lets say that a enemy country developes a weapon similar to the one in Final Fantasy VI, the Magitek armor, or something on that level, that utilizes a runes power by like tenfold. I can see that, as for flying cars? I seriously doubt that, as for a floating continent? I can still see that in a suikoden game and still find it modern and not futuristic. If Konami needs to go 100+ years in the future to clear something up, sure. But that doesn't mean we will have flying cars or intergalatic spaceships. But hey, I may be wrong.
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
Auragaea

Post by Auragaea »

Honestly, I was adamant about Suikoden never being futuristic, just like most of you. But now that I'm thinking about it more and more, a Suikoden with modern day technology wouldn't be all that bad. It is still possible to retain Suikoden's fantasy world whilst giving it modern day elements, contrary to what many people think. And I personally would love to see modern day versions of staple characters like the pretty-boy knights, the girl with the animal affinity, and the Maximillian duo.
Hmm... Didn't make much money. Next time, let's get rich! - Rachel