A Modern or Futuristic Suikoden..?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Kyril wrote:hmmm a suikoden set in the future? what will it look like then? set in 1500 years after suikoden III and they were using rune-operated mechs?

just my thoughts but i know that this will become a cliche to final fantasy VI(?) if this happens.
I have to agree. I would hate it if suikoden slowly but surely shifted towards final fantasy and dont get me wrong I LOVE FINAL FANTASY but they are two different worlds as far as RPG's go.

Another thought. Your worried about advanced weapons making an impact in Suikoden. What about the Dwarves technology in Suikoden 1 or the howling voice giuld in harmonia, Even Juppo created robots and Gadget (A rather advanced peice of weaponry). ALL EXAMPLES OF HOW FUFURISTIC SUIKODEN CAN BE.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

In nephlabobo defense not many fans like Suikoden IV because of the lack of returning characters or fan favorites.

I loke the idea myself. To to say that a futuristic Suikoden would be cliche is to say that Suikoden is already cliche. Because there are many other RPGs set in the past like Suikoden including the earlier Final Fantasies.

To add to what Sniper_Zegai said don't forget about the Robots and revolving bridge that Babbage made. Also the Sindar seemed very advanced as well.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Thanks Rune Of Illusion! I never noticed before but Suiko 4 bearly has any previous suiko characters in! Ted was a great addition but I never counted Jeane because she's been in all of them. Nobody wants to see the Suikoden world transform overnight. Slowly but surely there will have to be some sort of shift in the way the Suikoden story is told. Either to the story, the characters even the battle system and gameplay options which we saw in suiko 3. I think a shift in technology (in moderation) may be the next thing to change in the Suikoden world. But who knows thats for the guys at Konami to decide. And Ive had no problem with the job they've been doing so far.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Fury

Post by Fury »

Suikoden IV did feature Ted, Jeane, Viki, and Leknaat. Not many, but a few.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Fury wrote:Suikoden IV did feature Ted, Jeane, Viki, and Leknaat. Not many, but a few.
I never counted viki as a character either because i rarely use her. And Leknaat, Come on. She is'nt even a star! I suppose it should'nt be a bad thing, It should be a tribute to Konami's ability to think up in depth characters. Its just a shame that they had an oppurtunity to tell the background stories of some characters especially the really old ones like Maxamillian or even Crowley. Ted however was a good change because he lived such a long life it was great that his story was told in more detail.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Lol, you don't count someone as a character just because you don't use them?

Poor logic there.
Purr.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

u didnt use teleport?

i think viki is the most important char in all suikodens, without her is extremely hard and boring go around ( i love suikodens that give the oportunity to have viki in party and teleport around at same time )
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

Oh come on guys. :roll: , are you being mean :cry: , just kidding, In response to 24. Of course I used teleport. I agree Viki is important but they are in every Suikoden. What I mean by that I dont count them as previous characters is because I expect them to be there. By Suikoden 3 I was'nt surprised to see them anymore. Ted, Viktor, Flik, Humphrey, Futch, Luc, Georg and Yuber are all characters that just appeared and can still appear except if there dead. Nobody will be shocked if Viki and Jeane appear in the next Suikoden in fact its expected. Im not saying I dont like them or that they should be removed Im just saying that they shouldnt be counted becasue they are a constant in Suikoden. :? Do you know what I mean?
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

yep ok, but now think that, its interesting too:

what if in suikoden VI didnt appear viki or jeane?

all of u ( me too!! xD ) will be so mad with konami for sure

what im saying is: think "its obvious that they will appear in the next suikoden" is normal but you must count they as chars, cuz they are so important, and when i think in that kind of things the "always appearing" chars are the first i count

( lol soz my english, but when i need explain a little more im so bad :P, well now for sure will reply someone typing the same so good, please, do! xD )
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

You want returning characters....yet don't count the characters that *do* return.

*sigh*
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I already said I did'nt want them gone I just said its not that surprising when Jeane and Viki show up. So besides them in Suiko 4 only ted showed up. Thats why I said I dont count them.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

And yet... they're still... returning characters.

Besides, Suikoden 4 was set 150 years prior to Suikoden 1. What else do you really want? At least we got a lot of "ancestor" type characters.
Purr.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

150 YEARS!?!?!?!, I THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE 30 YEARS Man no wonder nobody showed up! Thanks for the clarafication. Come on 150 years! I withdraw my previous statement! I geuss Im lucky Viki and Jeane were in it!
Fury

Post by Fury »

Sniper_Zegai wrote:150 YEARS!?!?!?!, I THOUGHT IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE 30 YEARS Man no wonder nobody showed up! Thanks for the clarafication. Come on 150 years! I withdraw my previous statement! I geuss Im lucky Viki and Jeane were in it!
Exactly.

And Viki wasn't in Suikoden Tactics. So there goes that, too. Jeane was, but Viki wasn't.

The 30 years was Suikoden III after Suikoden II.

And Suikoden V, Suikoden, and Suikoden II all happened within a total span of around 30 years or a little more...I think.

The first two are 10-15 years apart.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Uh, no... Suikoden 2 is 3 years after Suikoden 1, and then Suikoden 3 is 15 years after Suikoden 2.
Purr.