Custom Hero: What do you thihnk?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I geuss you all have a point. But a change in the trinity system would'nt be that bad. A trinity system were you play mostly as the good guy and then for some select scenes. i.e. When Jowy takes greenhill with the muse soldiers you eventually found out what happens. What if you got to play as jowy for about 30 minutes-1 hour tops and play a side mission maybe even a small army battle getting over the greenhill border. Then it would'nt be like some sort of trick it would be more like a bonus feature?

I know the same thing was done with Luc in suiko 3 but that was a one time offer.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

nephlabobo wrote:
Pollensalta wrote: I just like for things to be definitive. In future games, I want there to be able to be references in future games to it. I guess I'm just not a big fan of totally jacking up the storyline.
How do you mean? Technically, you already have played as a bad guy - in Suikoden III if you get all 108 stars.

And Suikoden III didn't suck!
Yeah, but it didn't change the outcome, you just got to see more about those characters and what they were doing. I mean, I would hate to see a game where if you played as the good guys they won and if you played as the bad guys, then they won. I guess the minor details don't matter, so long as the whole damn storyline isn't changed up like that.
Purr.
nephlabobo

Post by nephlabobo »

Pollensalta wrote: Yeah, but it didn't change the outcome, you just got to see more about those characters and what they were doing. I mean, I would hate to see a game where if you played as the good guys they won and if you played as the bad guys, then they won. I guess the minor details don't matter, so long as the whole damn storyline isn't changed up like that.
Okay, I see what you mean. I wouldn't want that either.

I'm not all that keen on multiple endings for RPGs (Shadow Hearts would've been much more effective if it had only had the bad ending). I like a definitive beginning, middle and end like you. A well told story doesn't need multiple endings.
Jodan

Post by Jodan »

its a great idea
but by beaing able to change the charater too much would change the story too much you should only be able to change thngs like eye and hair colour, slye of clothes and hair style. plus if there are toomany variables how are they going to do the box art
suikoden box art with out the main charater or mabe just a blurred face
MY GOD
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

There are plenty of ways the avatar could match. You simply would select a certain face. The computer would recognise that as "face 1". Then you select hair color. Hair "Brown", Eyes "Green". That sorta thing. It would'nt be that weird.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.
michaell0135

Post by michaell0135 »

I think it wuold be a great idea to if they do that...
custom uniform,castle.....even the weapon!!! It wuold be awesome!!! :twisted:
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

The hero's weapon is something that I have always felt weird about. In suikoden 1 the staff was a unique weapon and it worked. The Tonfa was odd. Suikoden 3 does'nt really count. Suiko 4 dual blades was kinda fun but 5 really took the bisciut eith that staff/nunchuka thing. I know they wanna make the hero unique and the weapon is a part of that but I would definetly agree that a custom weapon choice would plaease everyone. Maybe you couls start the game in a training camp and you have to select a weapon and teacher. And Later that teacher would be recruited.

Just an idea though.
Miklotov

Post by Miklotov »

Meh, I wouldn't really like the idea of being able to customize your hero..or complete customization over your castle..maybe minor things would be fun. and to play as the other side would be difficult don't you think? considering the 108 and all that..who knows..I think it's too much to fit into a game..they should focus on the problems they have now =D
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I been thinking about the "Army" choice and one would'nt have to be evil and the other would'nt have to be good. Instead you have two forces and you can see your influence on that particular army. As for the 108 stars. You would'nt have to have 216 stars. You could have the same charcaters with a select few unique to that particular side. Maybe a few changes to how you recruit them
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Still no way I can see that happening and being a good thing at all. Having a choice between the three "flame champions" and altering the story that much was enough.
Purr.
bripod91385

Post by bripod91385 »

Sniper_Zegai wrote:I been thinking about the "Army" choice and one would'nt have to be evil and the other would'nt have to be good. Instead you have two forces and you can see your influence on that particular army. As for the 108 stars. You would'nt have to have 216 stars. You could have the same charcaters with a select few unique to that particular side. Maybe a few changes to how you recruit them
I agree this would make for a good replay having some of the stars only playable on one or the other side. Also it all depends on each players perspective of what's good and bad, they could make it so that there are things in the story that you either agree with or not which will lead you to picking the side that is doing things you like. Which will also be affected by ones mood.
III kicked **s
WaterMoon

Post by WaterMoon »

I for one would really like, just once, to see a female Hero. Chris doesn't count because a.) You play her along with two males (and none of the 3 is the Tenkai star, which is traditionally the Hero), and b.) by canon, Hugo's the hero of III, not Chris. Sure, you can make her the Flame Champion, but even before the story was written, it's obvious she was intended for the True Water Rune and a secondary role behind Hugo. Someone mentioned a mute hero with a musical rune, the Rune of Harmony and Dissonance, as an option in another thread, and that would work well as a female character I think, especially someone who was like Odessa, really gentle and not wanting to fight at all, but had no choice.
"C'mon, Jeane! The ugly stick had its way with you! Admiiiiiiiiiit it!"
---------------------------------------------------------------
"What do you think,Your Highness? Does kidnapping your little sister sound like fun?"
Lazureus

Post by Lazureus »

Yeah my S3 team was all female whenever I could. In 1 and 2 I tried to fit all females in my party that weren't forced to be male. I would definately like a female tenkai. I said this in another similar thread though.

Customization is awesome, and I wish I could have changed Chris/Aila back into their alt outfits at will in S3. I feel that if the data is there for a character to be in a different outfit, then why not let it be an option. ^_^

I, for one, would like a customizable hero. Even Chris in 3 looked just like the other zexen knights, just female. She had a lot more unique of an appearance in those travelling clothes (and I liked her hair down a lot more than up in those weird braids).

Thing is, the next suikoden would likely be on a newgen system like the PS3.. . so there'd be a lot more memory and room for them to allow customization without killing the game's potential elsewhere. Seriously, the specs on the PS3 are sick and blu-rays can hold up to what, 50 gbs?
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

I really doubt they'd make a female hero honestly, all this time they'd make male hero's only to all of a sudden make a female one, like out of nowhere? It just wouldnt make much sense and i think that in every Suikoden, a male is "meant" to be the hero because its just a traditional thing for Suikoden. I think they'd get lower ratings if they did that anyway. I, for one would like to see a heroine just for something to drool at while i play... just kidding but seriously i didn't like the Prince from V and i didn't like the way he looked either, at first i thought he was a girl and his main outfit looked really, really weird...I liked Lazlo from IV.. kinda... he didn't talk much but if i was in his position then i'd probably not be the most socialble either. Lol.
LadyRhia

Post by LadyRhia »

^Didn't stop game series like FF (especially since their newest main installment is starring a heroine) or Wild Arms (which has guys except for Virginia). It wouldn't exactly be out of no where.

EDIT: Scracth that. Wild Arms XF also is using a female hero.