Custom Hero: What do you thihnk?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

I would go for that. A female tenkai would be cool, and different since only Chris -vomit :lol: - has been the closest to it. Even better , customizing your hero would make the game even more funny, not only chosing name or clothes, I mean appearance too and thus, gender -I guess if it had depended on me, Hugo would not be so... repellent (imo) -vomit :lol: -
VinceValentine

Post by VinceValentine »

LadyRhia wrote:^Didn't stop game series like FF (especially since their newest main installment is starring a heroine) or Wild Arms (which has guys except for Virginia). It wouldn't exactly be out of no where.

EDIT: Scracth that. Wild Arms XF also is using a female hero.
Yeah, but FF is an entirely different game and made by a different company and so is Wild Arms for that matter... i'm guessing you're talking about Wild Arms 3? I still have that game... wow... but anyway Virginia was the main character in Wild Arms 3, yeah, but Clive, Jet, and Gallows were all equally important characters... in some ways played a bigger role in the game then Virginia... the only time Virginia played a real big role was when her father Werner showed up and she was the one always doing the talking and when the Prophet's showed up as well.. oh and i can't forget Janus Cascade and Maya and company. Lol

Anyways... honestly in truth, ALL those characters were the main characters, they all shared the same role, Jet money at first then he started actually treating the team as friends, Gallows for the Ark Scepter at first then he decided he wanted to be part of the team, Clive because he was hired to guard the Ark Scepter but then got caught up in the train incident, same with Gallows, Jet was there to try and steal it for money, and ultimately Virginia was the real innocent one being aboard the train on a dark and stormy night while trying to find her place in the wasteland as a female drifter and someday she hoped to see her father again but she didn't know whether he was dead or alive, and they all get caught up in the same thing, trying to save the world from the prophet's, then the Blue Menace and then the Dream demon Beatrice and theres more but i explained it as short as i could, and the same goes for FFX and FFX-2... everyone with Yuna played a part and some played a bigger part then her... and actually.. Tydus was really the main character in FFX but in FFX-2, Yuna played a bigger role since Tydus wasnt in it, bearing the little glimpse of the past while she was singing being an exception but you know i never actually got to end that game, i'm somewhere in the middle of it... i didn't like the fact that they made missions of it though. I think it would be great if they made a heroine for Suikoden though, at the very least make it more female oriented so that you'd be able to control a female character more often...but the reason i say it might have lower ratings is because usaully most people don't like to see a traditional RPG have something as big as changing the way the main characters are but i think it'd be a nice change of pace for people to run around as something other then a guy all the time, i liked III because you were able to control different people instead of just 1 person and you were able to see events happening from others point of view... so really i wouldnt care if they made a heroine but i'd probably enjoy it more if they gave you more people to control and see things from their perspective.

Anyhow, in truth, theres never really 1 single main character in an RPG though... if you really think about it.... thats the point i'm trying to make but you don't have to agree though.

EDIT: Oh yeah and i've never played Wild Arms XF, no 5th Vanguard, no IV, i just played 2 and 3 of Wild Arms. And sorry if this was a little too long. xD
Transcending_time

Re: Custom Hero: What do you thihnk?

Post by Transcending_time »

..... someday... I'll be a writer... to be specific, a suikoden novelist!

PLANS:

Tenkai: Female Weapon: Bow and arrow Rune: " The Rune of Fate " level1: World of Elegance level2: Holly Bell level3: Noble Scarlet level4: Everlasting Life How cute...... :wink:
Red rune

Re: Custom Hero: What do you thihnk?

Post by Red rune »

Err... this isnt counted as fanfic is it?
Transcending_time wrote:..... someday... I'll be a writer... to be specific, a suikoden novelist!

PLANS:

Tenkai: Female Weapon: Bow and arrow Rune: " The Rune of Fate " level1: World of Elegance level2: Holly Bell level3: Noble Scarlet level4: Everlasting Life How cute...... :wink:
I like ur ideas.

Anyway, a custom hero would be great! Changing the hero and everything.

Hell maybe even choose what true rune u get! Doubt it would be a good idea though and would seriously mess with the storyline.
I'm lvl 99! plus my lvl68 party members