Future Bearers / Possible Bearers

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
27x4=108

Future Bearers / Possible Bearers

Post by 27x4=108 »

first of all, sorry for my english, i always try to put simple opinions here, and is hard to me to explain a lot.. :oops:

well, we always know the suikoden series always have true runes involved, one, two, or a lot more, they always are beared ( or a half ) by the hero ( well, suikoden V its diferent, ok.. )

the plot ends with hero with that true rune and going away, and we think "ok, another true rune in good hands" ( not so true since see luc in suikoden III xD )

the bearers of all true runes we have seen are humans, demi-humans and vampires

but i was thinking in some things:

-can a race non-human like a kobold bear a true rune? they can bear normal runes, and rare runes like rage too i sopose, they have the suficient magic powers to bear a true rune then??

i sopose we will never see a non-human tenkai, but, who said all true rune bearers are tenkai? mm interesting

i want opinions and some info, i know here are ppl who have a huge amount of info non appearing in the series ( games ), mm lets see

PD: sorry if there already are posts like that, i used the search engine and founded nothing like that :wink:
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

i was thinking about that too. i mean i think they can but we just havent seen it before :( i mean even swords can bear true runes..

anyways id like to see a female elfen tenkai for a change for example :D
bla
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

Sierra is a vampire and she has the Blue Moon Rune and Yuber has the Eight Fold Rune and he is most likely a demon. So if they can I will assume that other creature can bear true runes as well
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Sierra is a vampire and she has the Blue Moon Rune
She's a vampire because she has the Blue Moon Rune.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

If inanimate objects such as statues, buildings and weapons can bear True Runes, why not non-humans?

Non-human main character might be tricky when Konami makes a point to try and enable players to see themselves as the main character of each game (with exceptions of Suikoden III and the spin-off titles). Although running around as a dog ala Koroku for the entirety of a game might be someone else's cup of tea, eh?
bench2hotty

Post by bench2hotty »

True Runes have their own will don't they? so it's not impossible for a true rune 2 choose a non human.And correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the zodiac sword was the night rune.
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

by the "sword can bear true runes" he meant the dragon king sword of barbarossa i think

yep, thats the idea

a tenkai kobold for example, brown hair, and ugly face, named Kogakogiku, could be worst for the series than say luca blight is a woman

but as Rai-Jin said, a elf ( preferible a woman ) tenkai could be a great succes and a lot of ppl will love it
Rai-Jin

Post by Rai-Jin »

ya dosnt have to be female, but we got 7 male main char (I-V + Gaiden & Tactics) in a suikoden game now i think its time for something else.

and with non-humam well i mean non-human looking people, in a physical way :D
bla
markzell

Post by markzell »

• Raww Le Lueze says:
    She's a vampire because she has the Blue Moon Rune.

So your saying that if Sierra does not have the Blue Moon Rune she's not a vampire.. Then explain that Necklord stole the Blue Moon Rune from Sierra.. So if Sierra lost the Rune she's not a vampire anymore.. So that means that Rune of Illusion is definitely correct..

Non-human character can also hold a true rune.. Example for the Star Dragon Sword of Viktor.. It was said that he was the reincarnation of Night Rune.. Well it's hard to explain but maybe the rune itself speaks for the Star Dragon Sword..
    [/spoiler]
.....(sigh)......
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

true runes do not go into buildings or statues as their bearers. they just use it as a resting place, until a new possible bearer comes.
Suikoden I - Fuma/Kage/Kasumi
Suikoden II - Mondo/sasuke/Kasumi
Suikoden III - Landis/Watari/Ayame
Suikoden IV - Akaghi/Mizuki/Kate
Suikoden V - Shigure/Sagiri/Raven
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

Actually the Star Dragon Sword doesn't bare the Night Rune, it IS the Night Rune in Sword form. I guess you could even say that ithe Sword form is it's Rincarn.
Fu Su Lu

Re: Future Bearers / Possible Bearers

Post by Fu Su Lu »

[quote="27x4=108"] -can a race non-human like a kobold bear a true rune? they can bear normal runes, and rare runes like rage too i sopose, they have the suficient magic powers to bear a true rune then??

i sopose we will never see a non-human tenkai, but, who said all true rune bearers are tenkai? mm interesting [quote]

Lol I love that idea. I would like to see a sweetheart kobold holding a true, devastating rune. Maybe not a Tenkai, but why not the villain? Think of Gengen putting the world at his feet... :lol:
Seriously, it is a good idea and it would add more interest to the series, possibly not a Tenkai since the player needs to identify at certain grade with the main character but who knows...
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

kobolds like brigthy things
there is a true rune of light or gems xD
gengen take it and want destroy all dark in the world..

its hilarous
patapi
Forum Moderator

Re: Future Bearers / Possible Bearers

Post by patapi »

-can a race non-human like a kobold bear a true rune? they can bear normal runes, and rare runes like rage too i sopose, they have the suficient magic powers to bear a true rune then??
Chris barely had the magic strength to use a magical rune, but she did get one eventually. To many players' dismay, that is.
Lol I love that idea. I would like to see a sweetheart kobold holding a true, devastating rune. Maybe not a Tenkai, but why not the villain? Think of Gengen putting the world at his feet... :lol:
Seriously, it is a good idea and it would add more interest to the series, possibly not a Tenkai since the player needs to identify at certain grade with the main character but who knows...
Perhaps not necessarily Kuromimi, Gengen or those like him. Imagine Ridley or Gau the mercenary getting their hand on a true rune.
Sniper_Zegai

Post by Sniper_Zegai »

I think the thing you have to keep in mind with suikoden is that its a work in progress. Konami are kinda making it up as they go along. But I see no reason why a animal like Shirro couuld'nt weild a true rune. It is a shame though that we dont know more about true runes.
PSX Emulator Questions are here, if you have problems. Ask and hopefully I can help. Formerly known as Seifer by the way.