SUIKODEN VI: The Future will call to the past.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
himmy

SUIKODEN VI: The Future will call to the past.

Post by himmy »

My guess is that the setting of Suikoden VI will be either a prelude to Suikoden I or set inbetween Suikoden I and II.
I think there is still a few good years of game development for the PS2 considering the price of the PS3, so it should be released for the PS2, and if it IS released for the Wii, it will be multi-platformed, and not exclusive to the Wii, why the #$%& would Konami do that? Just because theres a Wii in every home in Japan?
My question is, what is the best site for info for an up coming Suikoden VI? Has there been any press releases?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

There have been no press releases for Suikoden VI yet, all that you can read is ViktorFan's translation of an interview (a small part at the end mentions the next Suikoden game) here, about 2/3 down the first page - http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=7898

The issue of platform is discussed in that thread as well. Its been made clear that Suikoden V was the last PS2 Suikoden.

There are no Suikoden VI sites yet, not even an official Konami one. Your best bet is to keep hanging around message boards.
himmy

Post by himmy »

Thank you Mr. Holio, you have been of great help.
As for Suikoden I and II being released for the PSP. Is that roumer or true? If its true, when is the North American release?
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

They were released for PSP in Japan a while ago, but there was never any North American release planned.
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Yeah concerning the PSP joint release of I & II there is a petition link in a thread, the petition could do with some more signatures because it is to gain the US release but of recent hasn't seen many new signatures:

http://www.suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=5323

As for Suikoden IV best stick around the forum because the staff will make sure that information will be posted up as soon as known.
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
thcrock
Global Admin

Post by thcrock »

Suikoden VI, not IV. The MagicBox dyslexia is infectious, huh? :)
Persmerga

Post by Persmerga »

Yeah infectious :lol: meant VI :lol:
Some hooligan keeps disconnecting the alarm. I told Security to look into it. But no, no, they'd rather catch the guy who's stealing organs from the transplant ward!!
sundown78

Post by sundown78 »

If Konami is smart, they'll crank out Suikoden VI for the PS2. My reasoning is that, with the PS3 so expensive, and Suikoden being more of a cult favorite... they may be fooling themselves that a lot of copies are sold for PS3. Of course, this is coming from a guy that really doesn't want to shell out $600, but I think my logic is still fairly solid. ;)
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

^ Forget it. He pretty much said suikoden's role on the ps2 is over.

So expect a ps3, wii, ds or maybe a psp release in the future. And maybe even something for 360 but I doubt that.
sundown78

Post by sundown78 »

I know, it's wishful thinking. I just hate the thought of having to abandon my PS2 if I want Suikoden VI. :(
afi

Post by afi »

I do hope its a prequel and it takes place in the sindar kingdom.
bripod91385

Post by bripod91385 »

afi wrote:I do hope its a prequel and it takes place in the sindar kingdom.
THAT would be something, I would love to see that. I'v always loved the sindar mystery aspects of the Suikoden seriers. They make the story, with out them there is no story after all they were the first the posess the true runes.

Al though getting the story on the fire bringer would make me really happy, with Geddoe and Jimba.
dagger

Post by dagger »

i agree that a sindar plot would be intriguing. i always wanted to know more.
but if that was the story of the game, then the mystery that we love will be gone. i would prefer VI to take place in a time when we could see old characters again like flik and viktor. i love those guys :)
EternalOnslaught

Post by EternalOnslaught »

Hopefully they shed some light on the sindar, or maybe some light on some of those coountries that they mention in S5. Zelent, Nagarea(very interesting countries) Something that would be very intriguing, if they made one from the Ancient Armes Kingdom, perhaps that might shed some light on Jeane and Eresh. As for seeing Viktor in Flik, it would be awesome. But I believe they had their time to shine. :)
Sandalphon - Senso Suikoden
PesmergaisGOD

Post by PesmergaisGOD »

im with eternalonslaught. the ancient armes kingdom is something i want explained. mainly for the purpose of understanding zearse, jeane, and eresh. those r some crafty ladies. :) if you can even call eresh a lady... but then again. i can never have too much flik and viktor. those two and pesmerga are gods. i would also like a lot more light shed on the history behind yuber and pesmerga. information on that is more scarce then the sindar. and pesmerga didn't even make an appearance in 3! how deppressing :(